[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people missing out on Cortana, Edge, and other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: h.gif (147 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
h.gif
147 KB, 480x270
>there are people missing out on Cortana, Edge, and other cool Windows 10 features because they're autistic about privacy

Nobody cares that you fap to Chinese cartoons, /g/.
>>
>Cortana and edge
>Cool
Pick one and only one.
>>
File: 137052775875.jpg (23 KB, 312x347) Image search: [Google]
137052775875.jpg
23 KB, 312x347
> he talks to clippy with boobs
>>
Windows 10 fag here - Cortana is fucking dogshit. Why can't I use Google Now from the start menu instead, which actually fucking works.

Also. if you don't care about Windows' 10 Privacy, you don't give a shit about Chrome either, so why the fuck would you use an inferior edgelord browser.
>>
a. I don't fap to cheap chinese cartoons, i fap to high quality, japan made hentai
b. Why the fuck would i want to talk to my computer
c. >seriosly using edge
d. the overall experience is better on linux (fedora mate in my case)
>>
>>53510706
bing with boobs*
>>
>cortana
>edge
>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""cool features""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>53510685
>not caring about privacy
Enjoy your slavery you cuck faggot
>>
Threadly reminder that 90% of pro win 10 posts are shills.

>ther other 10% are /v/normies trying to be cool
>>
>>53510685
>Cortana
>cool

I'm not a woman who was recently raped and my desktop with Windows 10 has no microphone. Checkmate, shill.

Also Edge is garbage and will remain garbage until it has proper extension support, and even then it'll just be slightly decent, still mostly garbage. Groove Music is alright if you like being able to change basically nothing in settings. The new video player is a fucking abortion that lacks format support just like the one in Chrome OS, but it still tries playing the video file. I sure love watching my Chinese cartoons with either video or audio depending on what the encode formats were!

tl;dr, go fuck yourself.
>>
Pretty sure Microsoft cares very much that I fap to Chinese cartoons
>>
>>53510685
When I ask Cortana she doesn't know what Chinese cartoons I'm asking
>>
>>53510685
>he actually signed into windows 10 with his microsoft account
absolute madman
>>
windows 10 is the only os that supports directx12 though, right? If I want to play games on the highest settings, dont I need win 10?
I'm not baiting or anything, i'm genuinely wondering,
>>
File: 1457672978964.jpg (31 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1457672978964.jpg
31 KB, 340x340
I use Windows 10 and I always forget that Cortana and Edge exist.
>>
>>53510685
POO IN THE LOO
>>
>>53510685
Man your post was shit a fuck.

"Man" i mean faggot.
>>
>>53510685
>Use shitty OS because of ancient technology which already exist in *nix OS since KDE3 release
Ahahhahhaha oh my!!
>>
>>53511130
Direct 12 have not been widely mainstream in games yet and only improves games what was build in direct x 12 which is 2 games i think. So no need until your favourite games required it to run
>>
>>53511130
You don't. There's like five games that use dx12.
>>
>>53510685
Post more cuties.
>>
europoor here
cortana is disabled for us
how is it?
>>
>>53511334
i use windows 10 and i fucking removed both of them.
>>
>>53512738
https://twitter.com/vgdunkey/status/708777761561649152
>>
i mean if you want an os where the audio service has to be restarted every 5 minutes, that's your right
>>
We are currently witnessing the downfall of a corporation that decided to lose touch completely with its userbase and get in bed with the NSA.

>literally
>>
I don't care about the privacy, Windows 10 is just annoying to use.
>Forced to use metro-style settings app
>but some settings aren't available forcing you back to the desktop control panel
>notification balloons now pop-up and make a sound while watching full screen media

8.1 is just as fast and much more comfy.
>>
Windows 10 is a disaster that surpasses even that of M.E. and Vista(pre-SP2) COMBINED, and like >>53514923 said, they stopped caring about their users beyond making them a product. The backlash just keeps getting bigger, the fact that legal action hasn't been taken proves that the justice system either doesn't care or is in on it.
>>
>>53514856
Maybe you could try not installing shit hardware
>>
Your spyware of an operating system makes me uncomfortable using it. I don''t even do anything that warrants datamining on my tablet and I still can't stomach booting Windows 10, it's just an Android tablet now.

And that's just the spyware aspect. Let's not forget that the UI is a complete clusterfuck and that the thing as a whole is a failed abortion.
>>
>>53510685
Win10 user here, my normie girlfriend even hates it because it never fucking works and since she's technologically illiterate, the updates break everything and uninstall random applications. DX11 performance sucks compared to win8 and why is there two different control panels? There's no consistency, and it shows. I admittedly care about the privacy so I use tinywall etc but I still think Vulkan mainstream support can't come soon enough
>>
>>53515224
Also might I mention the audio service is absolute garbage for some reason? I have a pretty standard setup and when I use anything but my soundcard, my audio doesn't initialize and I have to tweak around to get it to work. I don't even do that in Linux for fucks sake
>>
File: 1371844146426.jpg (312 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1371844146426.jpg
312 KB, 1280x1024
>>53510685
This is now an AmiMami thread.
>>
>>53511130
expect console ports from XBOne to PC to use DX12, and some AAA "look at my new game engine" titles
>>
>>53510685
>cares about privacy
>must be autistic
Spotted the shill retard.
>>
I don't really give a crap about the privacy aspect, but I do care about the forced updates and uninstalling programs without asking me first
>>
>>53515467
Don't forget that the UI is ass
>>
>>53515293
>long hair azusa
absolutely heretical
>>
>>53512738
What did you do to remove them?
>>
>>53510825
Being this bootytroubled
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.