[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ps4 wifi advice?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 450x419) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 450x419
As I'm sure some of you might be aware, PS4 absolutely sucks at picking up wifi. If I have it in the living room where my router is, the internet speed's fine, but if I have it in my room it's absolutely crap.

Does anybody happen to know of some sort of device I could use that would be able to pick up a better signal through the walls and connect to my playstation?

My laptop and pad work fine in here. God knows why sony couldn't build a console that can pick up decent signal.
>>
>using wifi
>not using ethernet cable
Get out of my face and go clean yourself up
>>
>>53510438

>being a snob on the internet

Why would I want a 40ft wire going through my house?
>>
>>53510578
>asking for tech support
>not reading the sticky
>>
File: sku_158552_2.jpg (26 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
sku_158552_2.jpg
26 KB, 600x600
>>53510395
had the same problem. shit was so bad i got a tp-wr703n, installed openwrt, set it as a wireless client, and connected it to the ps4 ethernet. fucking shameful, but it worked
>>
>>53510395
>not using ethernet master race
>>>/v/
>>
>>53510395
>Ps4
>Marvell blob
>expect good speed
Install FreeBSD(I mean actual version.)
>>
>>53510578
If it's 40 feet away from the access point, then use a fucking cable, you idiot.
>>
>not having multiple routers
>not using ethenet
>not moving your ps4 closer
>not getting a better router
>>>/v/
Cancerous
>>
>>53510395
You can connect it to your pc and let it piggy back off its wifi.

Assuming windows, go to wifi properties in the wireless device manager.

Then go to the shared tab and select

"Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection"

Then select Ethernet.
>>
Since it's apparent you can't move the ps4 or the router closer together, you should just buy a power line adapter.

Plug one into an AC outlet near the router, and connect it to the router with an ethernet cable. Plug in another into an AC outlet near the ps4 and connect them together with another ethernet cable.

Fucking power line adapters, how do they work?
>>
>>53510395

set laptop bridge

buy router and set it as a bridge

get powerline ethernet
>>
>>53514678
They don't work when you have full house surge protection like most modern homes do.
>>
>>53514759
If he's living in a place where laying down a 40ft wire or drilling holes into the walls, I'm assuming he's living in a fairly old house that can handle it.

I mean, you really shouldn't be using wifi for gaming at all anyway. Either go power line, suck if up and buy a long enough cord, or suffer.
>>
>>53510578
because wifi fucking sucks mate
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.