[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Data loss General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Data-Loss-1.jpg (50 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
Data-Loss-1.jpg
50 KB, 540x360
Who here /data loss/ ? Get in here and share your horror stories.
>>
>>53510328
defective WD Green
>>
>>53510328
I once lost a Pokemon Fire Red save, I had to beat the game all over again :(
>>
>>53510344
dam son. those feels
>>
>>53510328
Lost all my loli hentai picture and hentai game I had LOADS of them, hentai videos, hentai manga, hentai voices, a gallery of anime background pictures, and lost my top quality anime. Thankfully I downloaded them back again but it took quite a while
>>
>>53510344
Did you change battery of cartridge?
>>
>>53510760
Phew, maybe you could have been a well-adjusted person with a job. Dodged a bullet.
>>
>>53510344
I lost my Silver data (which had all of my level 100s from the 1st gen traded over) when I tried experimenting with a GameShark for the first time...
>>
>>53510328
Lost three drives out of my RAID 6. Luckily one would sort of work with coaxing, so I recovered all data fine. Was about to have to bust out my optical media backups I make periodically.

Mfw I still haven't had to recover from backup media, so I have to rely on periodic spot checks to verify my backups work.

It sucks anon.
>>
>>53510804
Oh I'm too young for a job
>>
>>53510855
real nigga
>>
>>53510880
you know 4chan is 18+?
>>
>>53511051
No?
>>
>>53510328
>General
You are THIS retarded.
>>
>at night
>accidentally dropped external 2.5" Seagate HDD onto wooden floor from almost 2m, it was not turned on at the time
>OH FUCK
>ALL MY ANIME
>plug it in
>werks fine
>>
>>53511074
gone are the days when this would result in a timely ban
>>
>turned on PC while the HDD was on the metal grounded frame of it
>PCB shortened, at least one smd up in smoke
>HDD not recognized any more
I really should try fixing it
>>
>Samsung 80GB HDD slowly had more and more bad sectors so I replaced it with a better drive
>500GB WD got more and more bad sectors so I replaced it
>40MB IDE seagate in my old 286 suddenly made loud clicking noises and had trouble reading random sectors, no idea what a good replacement of it would be as that PC only supports a few HDDs from that time
And that's it
>>
File: tumblr_mt4hywKUj21rmkupgo1_500.gif (506 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mt4hywKUj21rmkupgo1_500.gif
506 KB, 500x283
>tries to encrypt android
>left it going for 8 hours while I went to work
>come home
>still blank screen with stobing notification light
>force restart
>doesnt boot
>oh fuck.jpg
>flash stock rom in odin
>encryption failed
>RIP 20gb of hentai, memes, and pictures taken over the past year.
>mfw
>>
>>53511074
Ever since Hiro took over.
>>
>>53511127
I wish it had broken
>>
>>53511222
Been running 2x 1tb western digital bc's for about 3 years now. doesnt show any signs of corruption or bad sectors. My shit runs just as fast as the day I bought it and put it together. I do of course have maintince programs that run in the back ground weekly to prevent this type of shit
>sigh
I guess its all in how you take care of it.
Really though for the price you cant beat that drive
>>
>>53510344
I had my gameboy along with all of my saves stolen. Also, I was a poorfag so my parents couldn't buy me a new one.
>>
>decide to finally put a password on my phone
>make it based on my favorite warframe loadout
>penta30rhinoprime540 or something
>i guess I fucked up some spelling
>worked once
>goodigotit.fx
>next morning wake up, want to go to /gif/ and jack off
>can't unlock
>keep trying
>"it won't actually clear my phone right lol?"
>it did
>all my over 2000 memes, God's and webms gone
>thousands of texts with my gf gone
>music gone
Last time I use a fucking password, pattern is good enough.
>>
>>53510328
1TB WD Green. Started failing. Had done a recent backup already. Drive died over a few days instead of instantly so managed to save 95% of data.

Still, I've lost all confidence in Western Digital Green drives. Will go Blue or Red next time.
>>
>>53511829
What programs can you recommend that will prevent/look out for bad sector build up anon?
>>
File: 1451664159161.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1451664159161.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
I spent over a year perfectly designing and implementing a perfect first person melee combat system
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.