[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>coworkers have iphones and mention how great Siri is >can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: google-now-render[1].png (350 KB, 800x1353) Image search: [Google]
google-now-render[1].png
350 KB, 800x1353
>coworkers have iphones and mention how great Siri is
>can set reminders for you
>try to do the same on my android phone
>>to set reminders, need to enable Google Now Cards
>to use Cards need to let Google record your browsing history, phone info (contacts) and location information
does anyone use Google Now on their phone?

is it worth it?
>>
>>53509891
Yes, I have embraced the botnet
>>
I use Google now and it's pretty great, it tells you stuff you wouldn't expect it to tell you randomly and then you'd realize wow that was pretty useful information for this specific time during my day.
>>
>>53509891
>to use Cards need to let Google record your browsing history, phone info (contacts) and location information
The main difference is that Siri does all this without asking your permission first.
>>
File: file.gif (896 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
file.gif
896 KB, 700x600
I don't care that much about botnet on my phone but why would I want to look like a jackass taking into my phone when I could type what I want just as fast?
>>
>>53509921
Particularly good for travelling desu.
>couple hours before my flight
>Google Now shows my ticket with scannable QR code, map to the airport + public transportation itinerary
>if I booked an AirBNB at my arrival location it also gives me itineraries from airport to there
That sort of stuff is where it really shines.
It's relatively useless for everyday stuff though.
>>
>>53509921
it does seem pretty good, i do wonder how useful the cards are

>>53509927
true. I can use Google Now currently, but it's limited
i can ask it to set an alarm for me, which is nice. and do google searches. i don't understand why it needs access to all my information just to set a reminder

>>53509942
hands free? and i think in some cases it is easier too
like, setting an alarm clock. instead of searching for the app and choosing the settings. i just say, "Ok Google, set alarm for 7am" and it opens up the Clock app and sets an alarm for 7am.
>>
>>53509891
>implying siri doesn't have access to the equivalent information on iOS
>implying that isnt automatically shared with Apple
Assistant apps are all about harvesting data from users.
>>
>>53510169
>>53510169
but Google is the bigger data-mining company, i'm a little more concerned about google having more info about me than apple having some info
>>
>>53509942
hi estonia
>>
>>53510208
Your info is Google's livelihood, they'll protect it at all costs.

Apple hardly gives two shits.
>>
It's really shitty. I don't enable history because fuck targeted results, I know Google's already saving all my searches
>>
>>53509989
>i don't understand why it needs access to all my information just to set a reminder
Because if you want to set a reminder to call a person from your contacts it needs access to your contacts to know who you cant to call so it can link you the phone number when the time comes.
>>
>>53509891
iPhone do the same thing but don't ask permission
>>
>enable Google now cards
>double tap home button
>go to type
>halfway through
>search box resets as now cards are loaded
>disable now
>can quickly search on a whim

Fuck now cards, they're too obtrusive.
>>
>>53511314
>ot just yelling: "Ok google, search for lolita on imagefap"

learn to use google now, fucking pleb
>>
>Still no Google Now on desktop
>Cortana doesn't work as well on android and isn't as good at suggesting articles and relevant information
For fucks sake
I want to use my computer that I sit at all day, not my tiny ass phone
>>
OP here
trying to get it to play music, but it keeps on opening Google Play (google's music player). apparently it doesn't work with the stock music player

what is a good music player app?
>>
>>53511537
Droidsound-E
>>
>>53511400
>search for lolita on imagefap

DON'T FUCKING DO THIS FOR ANYONE CURIOUS

THANKS A LOT ASSHOLE MY LIFE IS NOW RUINED
>>
Yeah I love google now, it actually listens to my every word for "ok google".

Good stuff.
>>
>>53511651
can't install it from the play store
>Sorry! This content is not available in your country yet.
>>
>>53512605
1. you can set it so that it doesn't listen for every word and only listens when the Google app is open.. or only when the screen is on
2. even if it did listen to every word. do you think they're storing everything you say and transmitting it to google's server?
>>
>>53512650
Probably not and I don't really care at the moment, maybe increasingly so later in my life.
>>
File: 1443458244653[1].jpg (116 KB, 1516x892) Image search: [Google]
1443458244653[1].jpg
116 KB, 1516x892
OP here
i can't get voice commands to play music in a music player other than Google Play

pic related
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.