[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pale Moon done, Moonchild acknowledges forking engine version
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 20
File: gameover.jpg (21 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
gameover.jpg
21 KB, 500x281
http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11529

Furryfags, what do you plan to do when you have soon no home anymore?

Also, new browser plans when they are also unable to implement Promises on their own?

Palemoon is officially done!
>>
>>53509042
I like how Palememe apologists are always like "Dude that's not true, it's not in the hand of a single furfag developer, there's a whole thriving community" and yada yada and now Manchild goes on official record he can't keep up with doing everything himself.
>>
>Palememe
>2016
Wtf
>>
laffo @ anyone that didn't see this coming
>>
>>53509398
I wonder if the shills only wanted to believe, or if they actually convinced themselves to believe it for real.
>>
PALESHITFAGS BTFO
B
T
F
O
>>
Posting from Palememe atm, was fun while it lasted
Should I move to K-Meleon or Seamonkey?
>>
>PALEMEMES THINK A FURRY HAS ANY ACTUAL CODING SKILLS
>>
>>53509448
qupzilla
>>
>>53509448
id say just give up and go back to firefox. or waterfox if you still want that special snowflake feeling
>>
lamof
>>
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1186060

Mozilla is moving to Visual C++ 2015, it will be even more incompatible with PaleMeme outdated 2012 compiler
>>
File: moon.jpg (1 MB, 3240x3240) Image search: [Google]
moon.jpg
1 MB, 3240x3240
>>53509042
He makes a good point in the first paragraph. The normie corporate interwebs is getting worse because of "standards" these behemoths force on everyone.
>>
> I'm using oprea
>>
Welp I knew he was going to have a hard time keeping up but it will still be sad to see it go whenever that happens.

On the bright side the first servo based browser is expected in June

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.dev.servo/dcrNW6389g4

It will be very buggy though, at least initially.
>>
>THEY FELL FOR THE PALEFURRY MEME
>>
>>53509448
If the "old Firefox" feel is what you're going for, give SeaMonkey a try.
But honestly, you're gonna have a bad time with modern (i.e. bloated) websites and extensions.

I would say just give regular Firefox a try and fix it using Classic Theme Restorer and stuff.
>>
I use Palemoon in my old laptop from 2008 or 9 because it is the fastest and most mem. efficient.

Vivaldi on my desktop, some reason PM kept crashing on W10 Enterprise 64b.
>>
how much more bloat is firefox going to add?
>>
>>53509742
They can't add too much bloat now that FirefoxOS is DEAD!
>>
>>53509801
That's not from FirefoxOS that's from Firefox…
>>
>>53509742
They actually toned down Hello a bit and also made it easier to remove entirely.
Hello is now an .xpi (extension file) which you can delete from your computer.

This'll remove all its shit from about:config too so you don't have to toggle all of it manually.
>>
>>53509817
I know that, I was spitposting anon.
>>
>>53509042
Icecat masterrace browser anyone? Classic theme restorer get's the palemoon look :^)
>>
>>53509848
Why not use real Firefox if you're gonna use CTR anyway?
>>
>>53509935
Because icecat Respect's my freedoms.
>>
>>53509109
>Manchild
LOL'd

>>53509448
firefox ESR

same thing as palemoon but without all the windows optimization code

>>53509533
straight outta the late '90s

>>53509701
Mozilla Firefox Extended Support fucking Release

>>53509742
nobody asks you to use WebRTC
>>
>>53510217
>Mozilla Firefox Extended Support fucking Release
This solves absolutely nothing in the long run. You're only pushing the problems in front of you.

Hate Australis?
ESR has that now too.

Don't want WebRTC/Hello?
ESR has that now too.

Next major ESR version will have forced extension signing etc.
In a sense you're actually better off staying on regular Firefox then because you'll get new shit when everyone else does, which means it's usually easier to find a solution.
>>
>>53510280
Australis/webrtc/hello/signing etc are nonissues for development firefox versions, all of them can be turned off. The real thing at stake is classic XUL extensions, which will be deprecated. It's clear that neither Seamonkey nor Pale Moon can handle the legacy codebase and add new features properly in long term. RIP good old extensions
>>
>>53510383
I know this. I'm just saying ESR isn't a solution to ANYTHING.

A couple versions after XUL is deprecated, ESR will be based on one of those versions as well.
If they haven't deprecated ESR entirely by then, that is…(there has been talk about that)
>>
Anything big three related is dead. Stick to Webkit based browsers. At least they aren't absurdly bloated monstrosities and you are guaranteed some level of compatibility because of all the Android, MacOS and iOS devices using it.
>>
>>53509448
Just keep using palemoon. Seamonkey is a decent option when palemoon no longer cuts it, though, I suppose, but it's also bloated as shit.
K-Meleon is a joke, don't even think about it.

Still, I doubt seamonkey is as secure, standard-compliant, fast, or botnet-free as palemoon.
>>
>>53509830
Great news. Call me when they do that to EME components, DRM, in-browser ads, in-console ads, reader, pocket, etc.
>>
>>53510410
then it's time to jump ship. firefox won't be around forever. nerds will simply gravitate to the tor browser bundle, xombrero, or any other privacy-conscious browser, even if it's inconvenient at first

I may start using xombrero again because it loads fast and never crashes, unlike firefox ESR
>>
>>53510471
You're a moron, Seamonkey is based on Firefox 42, it's way more standards compliant than PaleMeme
>>
>>53510502
also webkit based and has built-in JS/cookie whitelists
>>
>>53510497
Pocket already got the same treatment (but hasn't made it to Stable yet) and the ads are already removed I think?
They have EME-free builds.

Mozilla has done a lot of shit in recent time, but they seem to be moving towards the right direction again…
>>
>>53510502
>firefox won't be around forever.
But that's the issue. You faggots keep saying this but everytime anything remotely decent comes along, you call it a "meme" and then it dies. Nothing remotely usable exists nowadays - palemoon was just a stopgap solution and there's still nothing in sight or announced. Brave could have been great and then
>Good goy watch OUR ads, not the site's ads! Hehehehehe!
netsurf-gtk could be good but then
>0 developers
>js never ever

Probably the only way I'd see a new serious browser appearing is if the palemoon team starts working on netsurf-gtk, but I doubt they even know it's a thing.
>>
>>53510449
>Stick to Webkit based browsers
Fuck no, webkit is dogshit. Slows down sooner than your mum opens her cunt to a stranger, uses more ram than your mum can suck cocks at once, crashes more often than niggers at your mum's.
>>
Opera 12 was the most standards compliant browser and look where it is now

t. someone that did the jump from Opera 12 to Palemoon a few months ago
>>
>>53510508
Call me when firefox has support for date and time fields. I'll be waiting.
>>
>>53510563
Call me when palemoon supports MSE
>>
>>53510534
>they seem to be moving towards the right direction again…
A miracle. Maybe in 5 years they'll be back to making non-shit browsers.
>>
>>53510449
Are you for real bro? Chrome is the most bloated piece of shit you can drown your computer into.
>>
>>53510548

For me, Chrome works fine and never skips a beat.

Firefox on the other hand loves to hard-freeze for several seconds at a time while viewing pages with lots of images and other crap loaded. And this is WITH NoScript (and only NoScript + FoxyProxy) installed.
>>
>>53510641
That's not due to the engine though. It's all the botnet.
>>
Thank fuck Palememe is dead. The stupid Dutch furry and his insecure, outdated piece of shit browser would both die ideally, but I'll take just the latter.
>>
>>53510674
>insecure, outdated piece of shit browser

Do you have a single CVE to back that up?
>>
File: 1452704205640.jpg (18 KB, 257x253) Image search: [Google]
1452704205640.jpg
18 KB, 257x253
>>53509533
Yeah its not like in the old days in the 90s when there were no giant corporate interests in the web... Just small-time mom and pop businesses like Microsoft, Sun Microsystems and Netscape.

Also don't pretend that standards are useful or thought up by people who know what the fuck they're doing. Remember when XML and XHTML were going to be the next big thing? That was fucking turbogay. Also HTML and CSS are awful pieces of shit and the DOM is the worst API ever designed.

The only reason the web is still around is because browsers run Javascript and we discovered we could do AJAX in around 2005. Microsoft thought it was over after Netscape folded and were gearing up to replace the web with an application delivery system based around .NET. But no, we're still using the web.
>>
>>53510574
Call me when MSE isn't botnet
>>
It is to badass?
>>
so why does /g/feel threatened when someone belonging to a non approved group makes something actually useful
>>
>>53510659
blink != webkit
>>
>>53510535
is this not serious enough for you?
https://opensource.conformal.com/wiki/xombrero

poasting now from normal (not whitelist) mode, I decided firefox sucked too much to use all the time. caveats:

* manual whitelist is manual, with entries added by vim-like command
* integrated vim-like command line btw
* fonts look terrible

so like adobe photoshop, i'll keep FF around for that rare task a slim browser can't do
>>
>Pale Moon is dead

No it's not? From what I understood of the post, the developer is going to rework the code from a newer source so the browser will have better support for modern standards, but it's still going to be branded "Pale Moon" and will replace the current branch.
>>
>>53510723
It's just paid mozilla shill, don't mind them and move along.
>>
>>53510700
I have the fact that it's based on a deprecated version of Firefox from 2013 to back it up. Some incompetent Dutch furry desperately trying to bolt on security patches isn't my idea of safety. Enjoy your discontinued piece of trash.
>>
>>53510741

I'm a Chromefag you nincompoop. I wasn't being defensive, I was genuinely curious.
>>
>>53510723
They didn't "make" anything though. They rebranded Firefox 24 ESR, bundled a couple of add-ons and then started poking around in the code making minor changes, despite clearly being out of their depth and only having a tenuous idea of what they were doing. The fact that they're now admitting this openly is proof of that fact, despite anyone with half a brain knowing it for years. The Palememe fag patrol who defended it are suspiciously quiet right now.
>>
>>53510727
>webkit garbage
Niet.

>>53510736
It looks like they're starting from scratch, but are keeping the rendering engine and UI and will mostly keep the addon format
>>
Wait, what's wrong with pale moon? I'm still using it just fine.
>>
>>53510725

When you say "Webkit based browsers" most people assume you're also talking about Chrome regardless of the fact that it forked off some time ago.
>>
>>53510741
Except it's not
>hurr the number is low so it's old
Firecucks, everybody!
Palemoon always fixes security vulnerabiliites much faster than firefox, while at the same time coming default with much more sensible defaults from a security point of view, including the removal of all blackbox and spyware components.
>>
>>53510782
>I care about the HTML rendering engine in my browser
>>
>>53510788
The devs are saying they can't keep track of the mozilla version anymore and they think starting from scratch is the best solution. They wrote an open letter to the community so they may address it.
>>
>>53509042
>because we're facing some difficult times in the medium-to-long future with the way the web is developing away from actual standards, and "standards" being currently mostly dictated by the same people who run the biggest browsers (Google, Microsoft) and web services (Google again, media sites, Facebook) -- including the W3C being heavily influenced and/or strong-armed into accepting standards that rather describe the way "the big three" are behaving than what is logical or should actually be part of clear, separated domains for different technologies involved in creating the Web.
I really don't keep up on this stuff. What do they mean by new standards? As in which new standards are the problem and how?
>>
>>53510813
>I don't care about the most critical component of the browser
This is what SJWfox users actually believe
>>
>>53510801
>Except it's not

Except it is. It's literally Firefox 24 ESR with a few tweaks. The fact that so many Palememe faggots don't know this is amazing. I assume you started using it fairly recently and had no idea of its history.

>Palemoon always fixes security vulnerabiliites much faster than firefox

Absolute bullshit. They do and always have relied on backporting Mozilla's fixes.
>>
>>53510828
>critical component of the browser
You mean the Javascript engine?

What do you actually use the web to view documents rather than using it as an all-purpose applications platform? Are you from the past?
>>
>>53510736
Yep. It's not dead. They're just discussing a next major update. We all thought IE was dead after version 6. Interestingly, the "IE is crap" meme still exists today, while the Pale Moon forum reads that leading browsers (IE and Chrome) and websites are the reason Pale Moon will have to give up on web standards and pick up the non-standard technologies for their browser engine. So basically, this thread is bananas.
>>
>>53510821
I'm going to guess mostly new HTML5 "features" that will end being dropped a few years from on now due to lack of usage.

>>53510831
If there were no Pale Moon, I would be using Firefox 24 either way.
>>
>>53510845
This is exactly what is wrong with the modern Internet
>>
>>53510901
Its literally the only reason we're still using the web
>>
>>53510828
because it renders HTML you fucking asshole. literally the simplest specification until dicks get clever and add <blink> tags.

if your rendering engine is more interesting than a utility that simply displays <tag> syntax as images and text, you're fucking up
>>
>>53510906
I use the web to read up stuff and buy shit off it, not to use it as an OS on top of an OS
>>
desires for a browser:
>supports plugins
>not ugly as hell (ie doesn't look like it's from 2006)
>not a RAM hog like chrome
>not a botnet
i was pretty pleased with pale moon, kinda disappointed desu
browser recs?
>>
>>53510907
> literally the simplest specification until dicks get clever and add <blink> tags.
>helo what is HTML5
>>
>>53510925
>buy shit off it
>using a document retrieval system to move money around
Fucking great idea
>>
>>53510941
>>not ugly as hell (ie doesn't look like it's from 2006)
Funnily enough this is exactly what people WANT their browsers to look like and why many switch to Pale Moon for example.
>>
>>53510941
Light
Good luck getting some plugins working though
>>
>>53509042
>mfw switched to chrome forever ago
>mfw multi-process smoothness this entire time
>laggy jewtube tab doesn't fuck my entire browser
>>
>>53510821
DRM is a standard part of HTML5, and media streaming extensions including features that allow streaming unblockable ads and the like are also included.
>>
>have chrome
>pdf and flash just work
>based google killed java and silvershit
>>
>>53510831
You literally don't even begin to have a clue about what you're saying.
Or maybe you know exactly what you're saying and you're actually paid to disinform.
>>
File: Screenshot (1).png (187 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (1).png
187 KB, 1600x900
>>53510958
idk i think it looks pretty noice
>>
>>53510991
When are they gonna kill Flash though?
>>
>>53510995
they already sorta did by sandboxing and bundling it

Adobe got cucked
>>
>>53510943
>I literally have no argument left
>>
>>53510993
>dark as my soul dot jaypeg

But yeah. that was not my point.
>muh themes
Firefox has that too. My point is that people are afraid of the new UI and switch to Pale Meme or some other meme because they are too fucking retarded to figure themes or Classic Theme Restorer out.
>>
>>53511057
Nice try mozillhurr firecuck.
>>
File: thankyou.gif (1001 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
thankyou.gif
1001 KB, 500x281
>>53510879
>>53510974
Thanks, I was worried about people responding that they won't spoonfeed me on it or something. Going to read some now that I know where to start.
>>
>>53511013
If you think making Flash safer (something Adobe themselves failed at) and making sure it comes pre-installed with every browser whether the user wants it or not somehow makes Flash cucked you are delusional. If it wasn't for this Flash would probably be dead by now.
>>
>>53511108
Fuck off furfag.
>>
>>53510534
Where's the eme-free edition of 46b1? I can't seem to find it on their ftp.
>>
>>53510217
>ESR
>going anywhere below the b.eta channel
Enjoy your disabled addons fag

>Error: Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again.
What the fug
>>
>>53511159
Suck my hairy penis, cuck.
>>
>>53510992
>talk shit
<you're wrong because X and Y
>s-ss-s-hill!!!! disinformation!!!
>>
>>53511057
Removing full themes and gutting the functionality that allows things like CTR to exist is on Firefox's pipeline right fucking now.

Nobody's "Afraid" of Australis, it's just not *good*
>>
>current year
>not using chrome
>>
i don't want to be rude but you do know what pale moon is right?
>white ass
>>
>>53509042

palemoon sucked ass
see you in hell, palemoon
>>
>>53510141
Icecat, while respecting freedom, has failed poorly in its attempt to rewrite non-free javascript making the feature nearly unusable.
>in b4 turn it off
I did, only to discover many properly configured sites using https that Icecat was unable to display at all.

I tried for 6 months with Icecat but it's a joke
>>
>NOT USING ICEFOX
>>
>>53513339
>not Waterfox
>>
So the developer(s) have stepped back, will stop trying to support random-noisy-forum-posters-snowflake-legacy-addon.xpi and do something more generally beneficial.

Seems like a positive development. I'm a bit concerned they may play eternal catchup chasing the latest (also bleeding edge, hip and possibly ephemeral) features. Perhaps can take a lesson from Safari in that regard.
>>
>>53509448
Palemoon until something new comes along that isn't loboptimized botnet. There is an accumulation of exploitable open source browser code after all. All that is needed to turn things completely around is a small amount of money and interested talent (which is there).
>>
>>53510449
>>53510672
I don't trust any browser with webkit besides Chrome. Chrome as quite a good sandbox to prevent exploits. Other browsers have generally jack squat. Webkit is highly targeted for browser exploits.
>>
>>53509448
I'm using K-melon for 2 years now, It's pretty good.
>>
YES, GUYS!

WE DID IT!

MOZILLA WINS!

18:04 KaiRo Pale Moon is destroying code and extorting money though 

http://logs.glob.uno/?c=mozilla%23seamonkey&s=2+Mar+2016&e=2+Mar+2016#c661429

Who said slander doesn't work? ;^)
>>
In related news:
Mozilla switches to ChromeExtensions, all current addons are deprecated, seppuku is imminent:
https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2016/03/14/webextensons-whats-in-it-for-developers/
>>
>>53516115
where were you when addons were kill?
>>
It's pretty obvious that most of the retards in this thread didn't open or read the link.

>>53516115
>https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2016/03/14/webextensons-whats-in-it-for-developers/

If they basically gut the power of firefox add-ons, and make it so all their shit works on Chrome/Chromium anyway, then why would people even bother with Mozilla anymore?
>>
File: breakdown.gif (2 MB, 250x142) Image search: [Google]
breakdown.gif
2 MB, 250x142
>>53516115
>MFW Firefox will commit suicide some time between August and February if they stick to the schedule they've had since last year
>MFW I've been using Firefox since version 1.0 came out in 2004
Holy shit, this actually hurts. Why did it have to be like this?
>>
>>53516661
Shit, wrong animu girl crying picture. Oh well.
>>
>>53509701

The only reason I want off firefox is the incoming death of addons/plugins etc. Theme restorer etc helps, but having to go through patch notes each update then google for an hour or two to find the dozens of about::config changes I've made (and new ones) can get annoying.

I can't quite leave and go to another fork because some of the things I use may not be compatible. Fuck I still use the x32 because shitty java/flash is sometimes required, then not sure if all my extensions are on x64 yet either.
>>
>>53511057
CTR isn't the same
It's not enough
>>
>>53516699
If you're stuck on old shit the Palemoon is the right place for you since its the most secure "old-compatible" available.

The problem the Palemoon developers face is that leading-edge and important websites (Google) are starting to use new stuff that can't be easily added. Which is a problem that will get worse.
>>
Fork the Internet. It's time to start over with IPFS. The death knell was when DRM became a "standard" supported by HTML5.

The salad days are over. HTTP is a lost cause. It's time to move.
>>
>>53509379
>>53509435
>>53509482
>>53509688

enjoy your mozilla bloatware :^)
>>
>>53515963

how about install ublock?
>>
>>53511326
>Enjoy your disabled addons fag
Actually the last version of ESR is based on 45, which is the last version to have the about:config toggle to disable extension signing.
This means ESR will support unsigned extensions for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>53516906
>CTR isn't the same
No but it goes a long way.
Add some userChrome.css tweaks to that and you're golden.
>>
>>53510659
For me simply logging in to my computer user profile was significantly slowed down when Chrome was installed, even with automatic updates disabled. I tried using it as a secondary browser but since it slows down the whole system even if it's not being used, I uninstalled it a few days later.
>>
So, what the fuck am I to use now? Palemoon is perfect, and all those new unfinished browsers don't have ublock.
>>
File: tffw.jpg (68 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
tffw.jpg
68 KB, 633x758
>>53517290
i can't fucking install anything decent on k-meleon but i haven't found a browser that is both supportive and not malware
>>
Is there a chromium fork that has a portable version and flash? Seriously, what a pain in the ass to try and add flash to portable chromium builds.
>>
>>53519481
I thought the point of chromium was to be chrome with all the nonfree faggotry
>>
>>53518488
Just keep using palemoon, and read the damn link before reacting next time.
>>
>>53519481
it's called Chrome.
to make it portable:
"chrome_portable_folder\chrome_program_folder\chrome.exe" -user-data-dir="chrome_portable_folder\profile"
>>
I just tried seamonkey, it's exactly the same as Firefox preloaded with addons
>>
https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon/tree/master/media/libpng

Pale Shit still ships with vulnerable libpng eventhough updated version was available since January 2016

Enjoy your BOTNET
>>
>>53519697
People understandably want a middle-ground that keeps functionality but rids of the Google botnet that is of no use to the end-user.
>>
>>53519775
So why does chromium devs deprecated --disk-cache-size --media-cache-size, actually?
Yeah, I know that I can put ~/.cache/chromium in tpmfs, but that's not the point.
>>
>>53517295
> Actually the last version of ESR is based on 45
Still in qualification process, but yes.
> foreseeable future
Only for a year (till 21.03.17), sadly.
>>
>>53519697
>>53519775
I don't want google's anal probes. I need flash for daily internet though.
>>
>>53520081
>Only for a year
That is a significant amount when it comes to web stuff…
Hell we don't even know if Firefox will survive at all for another year.

Either way, that's a long-ass time for devs to get their shit together and have their shitty special snowflake shit signed.
All of mine have already been signed for fucking ages.
>>
>>53520112
>2016
>needing Flash
What kind of a pleb are you anon?
Even JewTube defaults to HTML5
>>
>>53520193
The only thing I still have to use flash for is twitch
>>
>>53520235
Use fucking livestreamer.
>>
>>53520235
livestreamer/youtube-dl + your favorite player, and enjoy it without flash.
>>
>>53520235
>twitch
Nigger why the fuck aren't you using livestreamer in the year of our lord two thousand and sixteen?

Chat is full HTML now so you can just open that in a standalone window, just add /chat/ to the address.
Video also kinda-sorta supports HTML, at least in Safari. But I would still recommend livestreamer anyway.
>>
>>53520235
twitch supports html5 videos..
>>
>>53520301
Sadly all browsers do not.
>>
>>53520193
The kind of pleb that browses websites that still host their own content using flash.
>>
File: Twitch.png (6 KB, 952x531) Image search: [Google]
Twitch.png
6 KB, 952x531
>>53520301
how
>>
>>53520290
> Chat is full HTML
Their chat is on irc backend, so you can use your irc client to troll people around, if you really need to.
>>
>>53520301
Twitch has a HTML 5 frontend. However it's still using Flash. I suggest using Twitch Livestreamer instead.
>>
>>53520376
Sure but you can't get viewer list, won't see people getting timed out, subscribing, emotes etc. etc.
>>
File: 124124.png (42 KB, 692x598) Image search: [Google]
124124.png
42 KB, 692x598
Is livestreamer better than youtube-dl?
Also what kind of cache settings?
>>
File: twitch.png (666 KB, 1177x912) Image search: [Google]
twitch.png
666 KB, 1177x912
>>53520349
Try using a superior browser.
>>
>>53520405
>GUI
Disgusting.
>>
I'd go for any browser that has ublock origin and somewhat competent tab behavior settings.
>>
File: hacker_laptop400.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
hacker_laptop400.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
>>53520435
>>
>>53520417
>safari
>superior
>>
>>53520435
Oh, I'm sorry, I thought I was using modern software, not dos.
>>
>>53520474
It just werks.™
>>
>>53520081
>next ESR version of Firefox is 52 which comes out in March of 2017
>if Firefox keeps on their current schedule they will deprecate all current extensions and move to chrome compatible extensions a couple months before that point
Damn.
>>
>>53520475
Oh, I'm sorry, I thought I was on /g/, not kindergarten computer hour.
>>
>>53520263
>error: No streams found on this URL
>>
>>53520523
Why are you on /g/ if you are too incompetent to literally copy and paste a URL.
>>
>>53520534
kill yourself
>>
>>53520523
Just use "bomi" or "baka mplayer", install "open with" for firefox. You can send stuff at the player from tab menu then.
>>
>>53520552
It's literally
livestreamer link

How fucking hard can it be?
>>
>>53520523
>Can't use a fucking program
>>
Is iridium botnet free? Is it safe?
>>
File: livestreamer.png (23 KB, 612x114) Image search: [Google]
livestreamer.png
23 KB, 612x114
>>53520523
>>
>>53520308
What browsers don't support html5 videos?
>>
>>53513822
Internet Explorer has Protected Mode.
>>
File: muh minimalism.png (27 KB, 1366x35) Image search: [Google]
muh minimalism.png
27 KB, 1366x35
>>53509701
>I would say just give regular Firefox a try and fix it using Classic Theme Restorer and stuff.
Can regular Firefox do this? Last time I've tried I couldn't get the url box to integrate with the tab bar.
>>
>>53520628
I don't think it's possible to track your position accurately. You could be anywhere in the area covered by the satellite, which is pretty big.
>>
>>53521321
How do you manage that? Teach me your ways, pale brother.
>>
>Lack of community development
>Despite our clear and open invitation for more people to get involved in both core development and extensions, the uptake has been (really) slow.

Kek'd hard at this.
Pretty much FOSS in general, a lot of wanna-be's that can talk a lot but not show any code.
>>
>>53521321
That is way to cramped, man. Why would you keep those icons and arrows?
>>
>Mind you, Pale Moon would still remain to be Pale Moon and nothing drastic will change short-term; this is a long-term planning idea that will involve a lot of work if launched and will be given shape alongside our current efforts. If, instead, we get more influx of current Pale Moon development and help as a result of this discussion, then this idea may not even be brought to fruition.

WOW IT'S FUCKING NOTHING
>>
>>53521347
What?
>>
>>53521497
I thought you were talking about iridium satellite phones
>>
>>53521390
Select "tabs on top" and stick every possible element you can into it, then hide all toolbars you can. Use an extension called Movable Firefox Button which has been removed from the addons site by now. Use custom userchrome.css to remove little things like those tab arrows and to keep a set minimal size for the tabs and url bar (which also expands when highlighted). I've also moved bookmarks into the status bar, which can be easily shown/hidden via ctrl+/.

What isn't shown in the picture (because I've momentarily fucked up userchrome for a sec there) is that all of the elements including the status bar actually hug the screen corners, so by moving the mouse to the edge they're more easily accessible and you can't overshoot any of them (you need to have a vertical taskbar though). All that needs to be done is #main-window[sizemode="maximized"] {margin-top: -4px ;}

>>53521483
>icons
Because icons give off much more information about the site than three extra letters of text would.
>arrows
Thought about removing them, but they're a fetish of mine I can't let go of. Sometimes I only hold the mouse and don't feel like reaching for altgr+arrow.
>>
>>53521515
Oh... I was talking about that chromium based browser which is said to have botnet removed, but thanks anyway.
>>
>>53521527
Oh yeah, and there's a top secret search bar in the hidden menu bar which you can show with Alt anyways and I only use it for changing the default search engine. Omnibar/Foobar gave me some issues with a couple sites in PM so I opted for this. There's probably a better solution, but meh, this works fine.
>>
>>53521527
Wow, too much work for me. I was just hoping for a PM extension or something.
>>
>>53521527
You don't have forward\backward buttons on your mouse? I couldn't live like that.

Also when I press alt i get the menu popping up with all the file, edit, view etc stuff in it, so I just stick those icons in there, and if I want to see them I just press alt.
>>
>>53521611
>You don't have forward\backward buttons on your mouse?
I'm on a touchpad.
>Also when I press alt i get the menu popping up with all the file, edit, view etc stuff in it, so I just stick those icons in there, and if I want to see them I just press alt.
I use these often enough that reaching for alt every single time wouldn't be any more practical. I suppose WOT could go, but it'd make a difference of like 20px, meh.
>>
>>53521651
>I'm on a touchpad.
Ouch.
>>
>>53521610
The userchrome strings aren't hard to acquire and adjust if you can get around with a little CSS. Plus it was a good learning experience. Too bad I can't find any other browser where my setup works 100%; I've nearly gotten there with Seamonkey, but I can't integrate the tab and url bars into one no matter what I do.

>>53521682
I'm used to it, I've got a really nice and comfy AHK setup with it. AltGr and appskey are my mouse buttons and I move on the pad with my thumb or ring finger. Ctrl+left/right for prev/next tab, Ctrl+up for new tab, Ctrl+down for close tab. Alt+up/down for home/end.
>>
>>53510774
>They didn't "make" anything though
Counter Strike was the same way though.
>>
>>53521724
I would be happy with chromium if you could just do shit like turning the address bar black and shit.
>>
>>53521774
The issue with Chromium (the last time I've used it at least) is that you can't alter the default bar position at all. You can't get tabs to hug the screen top, which in my eyes is plain and simple a pure design fail.
>>
>>53521800
They do huge the top, but only in full screen.
>>
>>53521883
Fullscreen only and not plain maximized? Sounds halfassed.
>>
>>53521912
I meant that. If you have the browser maximized then they hug the top. If the browser is only taking up a fraction of your screen then they don't.
>>
>>53521800
I get triggered about how the tabs aren't square. Is there a solution?
>>
>>53521963
That solves part of the issue then, now how do you get the urlbar to hug the screen top?
>>53522021
Also this, the tab bezels are stupid.
>>
>>53509701
>>But honestly, you're gonna have a bad time with modern (i.e. bloated) websites and extensions.
How so? The engine is the same version that recent firefox uses
>>
>>53522046
>now how do you get the urlbar to hug the screen top?
You don't. At least not that I have found. I wish it would, but it is not a deal breaker for me. The lack of a true dark theme is my deal breaker.
>>
>>53517290
K_meleon has that built in
>>
>>53522096
does it have element blocker?
>>
File: partylikeits2006.jpg (161 KB, 1245x488) Image search: [Google]
partylikeits2006.jpg
161 KB, 1245x488
Does anybody besides me still use the 4chan extension? I was going to check if my posts were still in the support thread, but then I remembered that the text boards died.

When did moot kill the text boards again?
>>
>>53522137
Don't think so, it only supports simple filtering lists
>>
>Iceweasel and Icedove are dead too
fugg
>>
>>53522229
Well, that's the deal braker, element blocking is a luxury I can't give up.
>>
Are the web browsers shit or is the web that became unworkable?
>>
>>53522203
Does that extension still work?
>When did moot kill the text boards again?
Not sure, but there's a full backup in the web archive
>>
I have sworn by Firefox 45 ESR. They cannot add any more skype-alternatives or other buttons to my toolbar. When 45 ends, I either find a new browser or commit sudokuonline.com.
>>
>>53522274
It's just that mozilla gained many users because they made basically the only good browser in 2003 - 2010
Now the developers got replaced with retarded hipsters and they focused on irrelevant extensions, a shitty OS and shitty UI redesigns which everybody dislikes
And they still believe that firefox has to be a chrome copy UI wise
>>
>extension to get old style back
>extension to get old downloader UI back
>extension to allow installation of "incompatible" add ons
>extension to allow installation of non-signed add ons
>extension to allow changing the new tab page
>extension to disable JS
You can't make this shit up
>>
>>53522277

I think the only part of it that still works is the right click menu function. That said, I'm too lazy to find some other thing that gives me that context menu, so I'll be sticking with 3.6 until 4chan dies.
>>
>>53522312
Then why can't anyone come with a decent alternative that isn't a fork of Firefox/Chrome?
>>
>>53522203
That extension is old and busted. Use 4chanX instead:

https://github.com/ccd0/4chan-x

And if you like Caw-Why magma grills then use this in addition to 4chanX

https://github.com/Nebukazar/OneeChan
>>
>>53522360
Because those engines themselves are not that bad, and writing one from scratch is too much work
Even opera stopped making presto
Seems like MS with IE/Edge is the only other engine that can still compete, but they have a really retarded UI and lots of missing features
>>
>>53522284
you can remove shit from the toolbar that you don't like
>>
>>53520477
If by works you mean does basically nothing any normal browser should then sure.
>>
>>53522385

4chanX (and Oneechan) doesn't work on 3.6. I've tried before.
>>
>>53522431
Why are you using an old version of Pale Moon?
>>
>>53522203
>palemoon 3.6.32
Literally why
>>
>>53522455
>>53522466

Because I'm internet autistic and I hate having to look up and click on the header to go to a different board.
>>
>>53522680
>Because I'm internet autistic and I hate having to look up and click on the header to go to a different board.
So why not just have the board list on the bottom?
>>
>>53510993
What theme? I need it for my palememe
>>
>>53523018
DarkMoon
>>
>>53521682
Depending on the computer and your configuration being stuck with a touchpad isn't that bad. I use a netbook and use hotkeys for mostly everything, all the keys I need are mostly right by my thumbs when I grip the sides of the netbook, all I use the mouse for is selecting things on web pages. It's actually pretty comfy.
>>
>>53523221
Can linux into multiple independent cursors? Cause windows sure can't.
>>
>>53523395
kek, actually yes:
http://multicursor-wm.sourceforge.net/
>>
Is there a way of making chromium load tabs only on demand, like palemoon?
>>
Firefox is good actually
>>
>>53524172
lol

oh, you're serious?

HAHAHAHA
>>
>>53517265
it works just fine
>>
File: gwdeZ.png (41 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
gwdeZ.png
41 KB, 800x600
>>53509042
Move to Amiga.
>>
>>53510701
/thread
>>
>>53510701
You might as well use .net at this point, because the web has become a joke. I'd welcome for all the normies to move to Microsoft proprietary shit for their facebook and other crap.
>>
>>53525135
microsoft has tried it a couple times, namely asp.net (server-side) and silverlight (client-side)
not as web replacements though, just enhancements
>>
>>53509042
Sorry dude, I gave up using firefox and firefox forks about 2 months ago.
I use chromium now so I'm really not interested in vintage technology anymore
>>
>>53510701
are you treefrog from the palemoon forums? you write exactly like him
>>
>>53524711
God damn it, you are going to ruin my nofap streak.
>>
>>53509042
Fuck that shit, I've passed one hour to compile that fucking browser today
>>
>>53510502
Qutebrowser is way better than xombrero
>>
File: bby.webm (866 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
bby.webm
866 KB, 720x404
>tfw the web became cancer before we got a good browser
>>
>>53525619
>>
> 14 million lines of code
> Mozilla code has become extremely heavily reliant on templates, classes, overloading, virtualization of functions and many, many stub and redirect functions to "pass the buck" to the correct module to process things in
Even jwz would throw up his hands at this point. Actually probably a lot earlier or. He didn't like C++ or code bloat.
Anyway, I moved away from Firefox when it started getting slower. No interest in google products whatsoever though. I'm using Xombrero for now. No need for plugins, it has a bunch of security shit built-in.
>>
>>53525619
muh feels exactly
>>
>>53525652
>>
>>53509042
I abandoned Pale Moon about a year ago after I realized it didn't support Firefox Sync or modern extensions. It was good for a while, but now I've gone back to mainline Firefox.
>>
File: 1456874747671.jpg (55 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1456874747671.jpg
55 KB, 720x960
>>53509042
WHAT IS THE GOOD BROWSER NOW

hardware accel broken on latest waterfox, palemoon is kill, chromium is botnet.
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?
>>
>>53526181
>modern extensions
Like what?
>>
>>53519927
Why don't they just load libpng dinamically from the system?
>>
Switch to dwb for a minimalist, graphical web browser written in C.

Features:
vi-like keybindings
easy customizable via a webinterface