[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Buy new game >Old GPU not strong enough >Buy new GPU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: e.jpg (25 KB, 680x380) Image search: [Google]
e.jpg
25 KB, 680x380
>Buy new game
>Old GPU not strong enough
>Buy new GPU
>Go full retard, buy an even better GPU
>Almost buy 700 euro buck display
>Realize I'm spending hundreds on equipment which will only make me more miserable
>Sell everything, only keep laptop
Fucking jews. I promised not to go down this path again. At least I got out early this time.
>>
>buying video games
lmao literally neck yourself
>>
Laptop as main pc...
>>
>>53503681
Yuropoor detected
>>
>>53503654
Expensive GPUs are a complete waste of money unless you play high end vidya constantly. It's the only way to get your money's worth. Casual dicking around with MOBA or whatever are easily playable with entry level GPU or integrated.
>>
I did the opposite

Sold my expensive PC parts for something more reasonable (r9 280 for $150 and i5 4460 for $200).

Got rid of my expensive laptop for an x230

Used money to buy more games
>>
>>53503654
> buys a laptop
> complains about jews

ey
>>
>>53503654
Why sell a powerful GPU?
You could simply use it to mine some cryptocurrency
Make all that money back
Pleb noob
>>
File: 570142809.jpg (230 KB, 1680x1125) Image search: [Google]
570142809.jpg
230 KB, 1680x1125
>>53503731
damn you're a fucking retard
>>
>>53503731
It's only 15th of March, but we already found the most retarded post(and poster) of 2016. Sad times ahead :(
>>
>Buy high end PC
>Barely any time left to play because job,college and gf
>a $300 laptop would've been a better choice since i don't have one and i need it for school.
>No money left and i don't want to sell my new shinning PC

I'm a special kind of retard
>>
daily reminder that anything more than a 960/ 380 means jews cucked you hard
>>
>>53503717
>Expensive GPUs are a complete waste of money unless you play high end vidya constantly.
Pretty much, and if you do that, you most likely don't have a job to buy an expensive GPU.

>>53503718
>donating money for vidya
That's sad.
>>
>>53503827
>that's sad
So is my life, anon. Need something to fill the void.
>>
>>53503755
what anime is this?
>>
>>53503839
At least pirate them, so you have money for something a tiny bit more fulfilling, like traveling, coke and hookers.
>>
>>53503731
Holy shit where'd you find that time machine? And why only travel from 2008 just to make this retarded post?
>>
>>53503859
the one he shares a cell with Tyrone for 10 years
>>
>>53503805
>tfw have a 960 and while i admit it's sufficient for my needs, i feel some kind of strange urge to buy a better card nevertheless

What's going on in my mind?

Are the jew tricks real?
>>
>>53503654
If buying stuff makes you miserable, you have some other problems to consider. When I purchase new tech, I'm usually excited. Because I keep my stuff for as long as it is useful. So I can go 3-5 years without having to buy tech again, I usually buy big and sit on it.

My 980ti is working great and will prob continue to do so for years to come.

I spent $800 on a 32" 2560x1440 monitor when 4K was still just a wet dream and only seen in $5k panels. My monitor still going and I dont see myself ever upgrading unless the monitor breaks, or 4k can be driven by a single gpu at 60fps or higher.

I don't get /g/'s "minimalism" bullshit I really don't. Hurrr only the bare essentials, everything else is a meme or a distraction from being "productive".

Enjoy your laptop OP.
>>
>>53503913
Yes good goy never get off the upgrade train, you might lose out on ~5 FPS in the latest on-rails DLC fest!
>>
>>53503913
Obviously. 960 owner here too and stuff runs fine ... but there is always that desire to have more fps and to enable more shit.
>>
>>53503654
>2 week return period in the EU
>sell everything
This never happened you bloede liar.
>>
>>53503880
This anon knows he's stuff. My nigga.
>>
File: speccy.png (24 KB, 753x576) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
24 KB, 753x576
>>53503933
I used to upgrade every 2-4 years like clockwork. Completely new PC. I think those days are finally over, as vidya no longer interests me and my current PC is more than capable of lasting for at least another 4 years as long as I'm not trying to play the latest AAA crap/VR gimmick.
>>
>>53503933
>My 980ti is working great
>my new overpriced high end gpu works great
Who could've fucking guessed.

>Hurrr only the bare essentials, everything else is a meme or a distraction from being "productive".
If you don't need the extra power, it's how it is. Besides, having a shittier PC teaches you to be smarter with resources if you're a programmer.
>>
Freedom and material gain are the best experiences anon. One day you will grow up and realize this.
>>
>waste my heard earned money on videogame and consumer shit
>can't travel abroad every summer with my friends/gf

I'm glad I don't do that anymore.
>>
File: 1376475851524.png (81 KB, 247x253) Image search: [Google]
1376475851524.png
81 KB, 247x253
>>53503913
Overclock the piss out of it. When I was a broke 17 year old, I got my hands on a used gtx 560 SSC from EVGA. It was all I could afford off a friend ($75). I had the fermi screaming along at 80C during gaming and I milked it for all its worth. Of course I wanted something better but I made due with what I had.

Even after making a lot more money and being able to buy whatever the hell I wanted I was still loathe to retire that card. Only did it when a fan failed.

>tfw budget cards all my life and now that I make great money, Splurged and bought a gtx 980ti classified
>>
>>53503913
Holy shit I'm not a goy. Never upgrade unless completly broken.
>>
File: 1457560886918.jpg (11 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1457560886918.jpg
11 KB, 256x256
>PC cost about $1000
>mostly watch anime and shitpost on 4chan
>play vidya maybe once a week
>>
>>53504004
Spend twice as much, then come back here and brag about it.
>>
File: 2uggef9.jpg (37 KB, 498x594) Image search: [Google]
2uggef9.jpg
37 KB, 498x594
>>53503961

Vidya no longer interests me too.
But i keep playing it since i don't have any other hobbie.
>>
>>53503994
There is not that much you can do. My doesn't even reach stable 1500 turbo clock and gains like 3-5 fps at best.
>>
>>53503971
As a programmer you are paid to code, not wait 30 minutes every time for test cases to pass or 10 minutes to compile an application. If you are a developer, you need the fastest and best gear money can buy. Need to constrain yourself? Boot up a VM with limited resources.
>>
>>53504022
>consuming media
>a hobby

wow
>>
>>53503935
>Running pirated GTA V on a toaster @720p with 30-40 fps everything turned down and thinking "holy shit my pc has another year left in him"
Am I a good goy yet?
>>
>>53503961
Yea I was the same. My lasr big upgrade push I have planned is a new ddr4 based system. I'm waiting on Zen to hit before going X99, if I do. My 4690k is capable, but 4 cores isn't enough for VM work and the amount of encoding I do. Looking for a 16 thread CPU and 32gb system that I can sit on for the mext 7-8 years.
>>53503971
What I mean to say by mentioning the gpu is "buuying big" and riding it for as long as possible. The way OP makes it sound, he bought 2 gpus within months of each other.

As far as lower resources to be a better programmer, sure I could see that. That doesn't mean you have to go full tilt sell everything and subsist on a laptop as your only computing device just for the sake of doing so. I mean if money were tight then yea, sell off what you don't need. But if not, just keep it around. Who knows what you may be up to in 2 months?
>>
>>53504042

Leave me alone
>>
>buy video games
>play video games
literally cuck.
>>
>>53504062
>What I mean to say by mentioning the gpu is "buuying big" and riding it for as long as possible.
But that's just bad. High end GPUs are overpriced as fuck and the middle class of next generation usually gets to their performance level. Sub 200 stuff is the way ... if you're okay with "high" details and basic 1080p. If you want more, yeah, there is hardly a way around spending more

> That doesn't mean you have to go full tilt sell everything and subsist on a laptop as your only computing device just for the sake of doing so.
Yeah, true.
>>
>>53504022
I'd rather just play console shit. Easier to sit down and just start playing rather than deal with the usual internet distractions.
>>
>>53504022

Learn music and a musical instrument. It's a really autist-friendly activity and you might even have fun instead of apathetically watching 3d models run around.
>>
>>53503985
I'm an alcohol and a drug. Makes me really think about human nature that people are spending monies on other stuff like addicts do. Drugs aren't that bad then. Atleast I get to socialize and have fun using them.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.