[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tech Idea Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 1453358914968.jpg (86 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1453358914968.jpg
86 KB, 960x720
Does /g/ have an imagination?
>>Share your odeas in this thread.
>>Get team together
>>Make project come true
>>????
>>PROFIT
>>
How about a Yahoo finance data scraper using cURL. Turn that into a free stock data platform?
>>
External ram dimms.
The ram drives could have a built in battery to retain the data for a while.
>>
I'll make the logo
>>
A good OS. It's something that doesn't currently exist.

And no I don't mean another linux distort
>>
A 'cloud storage' subscription service that just buys HDDs in bulk and sends them to their customers.
>>
>>53500898
A revolutionary cloud storage service that works even when internet doesn't and comes with a robust hardware authorization dongle to make sure nobody but you has access to your files.
>>
A completely free cloud storage service that relies on its users to provide the storage, and works a bit like if bit torrent and RAID had a baby, with security provided by something like TOR
The amount of storage you get is based on a reputation system, with reliability/uptime a factor
>>
>>53500858
So a ram drive?
>>
>>53501017
so collocation?
>>
>>53501047
?
>>
Biocomputer

You throw it your dinner leftovers and ir grows more ram
never obsolete
>>
>>53501035
Yes.
But external.

I know it's silly but I think it's kinda cool.
>>
>>53501047
oh, you meant co-location. No, not that at all.
I'm imagining something completely free to use, and what you put into it (your storage space, internet bandwidth, etc) is what you get out of it.
The user sees a normal storage drive, but behind the scenes your files are stored in a minimum of two other locations, preferably three. If one goes offline, the network starts torrenting to a new 3rd location from the remaining two. Or maybe your files could be broken up and spread across dozens/hundreds of locations, but with 2 or 3 duplicates for redundancy. Would make it faster to fetch your data and more secure, possibly.
>>
Hologram
>>
>>53501017
>>53501047
>>53501130
You mean
>storj.io
Guys, we need new ideas.
>>
>>53501437
Cool, someone else travelled through time and stole my idea
>>
>>53501563
You still can make the logo, Anon
as the current one sucks
>>
a powerpc motherboard with 2 roms, one for the bios and the other for a built in OS with basic apps and bios settings. the built in os isnt meant to be used as a normal OS, rather than a small novelty and a graphical bios setup. you could install ppc linux or any other PPC OS on it.
>>
>>53501639
>powerpc
lol
>>
>>53502158
yeah it's an odd idea i had.
>>
easy to use, campus specific website to help students exchange textbooks
>>
>>53500781
A hentai favorite app to assist fapping.
>programmed session starting with vanilla and end with NTR
>pick randomly from new download
>finish fapping with one of my favorite
>tagging and whatnot
>>
A image classifier which sorts 4chan screencaps, reaction faces and other images
>>
>>53501607
Hmm. Been reading more on this. I see they're going for the free market capitalist approach rather than the communist approach I'd hoped for. You need to deposit hundreds of dollars worth of bitcoin to become eligible for rewards for participating. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>53502258
you should go outside more
>>
An edgy programming language that can be sold as extremely powerful, but then all companies have to hire additional programmers, because refactoring isn't an option.

Basically Perl++.

>>53500883
That's the spirit.
>>
>>53502171
I've seen that for online music sheets. Basically you keep a list of that you have and other people search and send you a message with what they have. You browse their catalog and pick up something and make the exchange. Like the player to player trading in some MMOs.
>>
>>53501127
If they would exist.
There would be a "he fell for a external ram"
Also easier for physical acces so great idea.
Normies would buy this
>>
File: 1457601197298.png (664 KB, 1000x567) Image search: [Google]
1457601197298.png
664 KB, 1000x567
>>53501166
>tfw no holo gf
>>
>>53503113
Would eSATA have enough bandwidth to make it worth it?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.