[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Building a masterpiece
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: rodinmk2-Cropped-454x2761.jpg (17 KB, 454x276) Image search: [Google]
rodinmk2-Cropped-454x2761.jpg
17 KB, 454x276
Hello /g/ sorry to bother you guys with these kind of stuff cus I'm sure you get asked about this shit a lot.

I have $900 that I can invest in a new PC but idk what type of computer I can buy, or which GPU works with which Motherboard.
I need your help, so can you guys recommend a good gaming combination for $900?
>>
>>53499345
Jesus Christ. You don't even have any parts picked out?

>>>/r/buildapc
>>
You have 900 to spend on a PC, my first suggestion would be get an intel processor. Don't even bother looking for AMD ones.
>>
>>53499613
Come on anon, help me out here..
>>
>>53499345
You don't invest money in a PC - you waste them, you're probably wanting a PC to play video games and to consume media.
>>
>>53499655
Which type of Intel Cpu should I choose?
>>
>>53499744
Thanks for the correction anon, now you gonna help or what?
>>
http://www.logicalincrements.com

Also attempt to find those components for cheaper if you have the ability.
>>
>>53499761
What do you plan to do it with?
Do you plan to just do what I mentioned or more?

If it's just that, take an cheap i5, if you don't even want to game find the cheapest i3.

If you have job stuff to do, and want to use lots of powerful software to automatize and make everything more efficient get an i7.

16 gb ram is a meme 8 gb will be enough.
If you plan to overclock get 1600 mhz - corsair something, but you don't plan to overclock I bet that so just pick w/e cheap ram you find.

Video card: I bought 2 years ago I think a gtx 770 gb, I haven't gamed at all... and I don't plan to ever play games again and the video card is still more, much more than what I use, so I suggest buying something cheap.
Ask a gamer what cheap video card to buy today, otherwise buy an older nvidia that is very cheap now.
>>
Depends on how heavy the gaming is. If you're playing AAA games, you want the biggest part of your budget to go towards the GPU. At 900 you'd probably want something like an R9 390, with an i5. If you're just playing CS, LoL, SC2, those types of games, I'd put most of the budget into a quality 1 TB SSD, and then just get an i3 and r9 380.
>>
>>53500194
>http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WrdDpg
>Sandisk SSD PLUS 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Falling for ssd meme.. not only that cheap ssd meme - which will eventually break and fuck all your data.

Go with Caviar blue 1 tb hdd - it has enough space for os and games.

Also try to find corsair ram it's much better, and it doesn't have to be 1600 mhz 1300 is perfect.

And you should find an NVDIA card if you plan to play video games - it's basically plug 'n play - everything is optimized from the start.
>>
>>53500223
Even a cheap is still less likely to break than a HDD and 20 times faster.

Also Nvidia is horrible because of all that gimping.
>>
>>53500223
>falling for "ssd's are flimsy weak shit" from data in 2010

Even a fucking Intenso SSD is better than that.
>>
>>53500223
>hdd
>nvidia
Don't listen to this idiot
>>
8gb of ram, 1600
SSD, yes. Maybe get a small one and a hard drive.
GPUs, both AMD and Nvidia have their share of problems so pick your poison.
Processor, go for skylake.
Don't cheap out on the motherboard. However, you could on the case.

From there, adjust CPU/GPU to your price, find something that matches up best.
>>
CPU: i5 Skylake
CPU Cooler: 212 EVO meme
Motherboard: A cheap one (with DDR4 slots) unless you plan on OCing which also requires a K CPU
Memory: 16 GB DDR4 RAM speed doesn't matter much. Quantum Break which gets released in 3 weeks already needs 16 GB and other games will follow.
Storage: A SSD with the size that you need. HDDs are too slow and fail to often to still be worth it.
Video Card: R9 390 or R9 390X
Case: The cheapest one you can find.
Power Supply: Use an online calculator to figure out the maximum power draw then add 20% and round up for the size. Also make sure it's bronze certified and from a good brand.
>>
an investment is something you intend to get positive returns on.

lets face it OP, you aren't investing in a PC, you're buying a PC to piss your time away playing vidya.
>>
>>53500683
What would be the issue with that?
>>
>>53499882
>16gb is a meme
Not on a workstation. It depends on what you want to do.

Otherwise, this anon is right, OP. If gaymen, i5-4460 and r9 380 is good. If just browsing and media consumption, a cheap i3 and whatever cheapish gpu you can find.
>>53499744
>>
>>53500645
This
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.