[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Slow Ass Internet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: Whats the fuck.png (321 KB, 868x596) Image search: [Google]
Whats the fuck.png
321 KB, 868x596
Help me out Guys
AusFag here, Was on TPG getting 2-3Mbps realized I was 300km from the exchange.

Switch to internode, 1.9km from exchange, their graph says i should be getting 18Mbps as that distance but I'm stuck at 3-3.5Mbps.

Any tips on getting some better speeds? don't the usual rebooting router etc.
>>
>>53498967
Have you called them? Make sure they have you on an adsl2+ port on their end (assuming that's what you're paying for).
>>
>>53498967

stop using shitnet

and use dslreports speedtest
>>
File: 5168829839.png (31 KB, 300x135) Image search: [Google]
5168829839.png
31 KB, 300x135
>>53498967
>realized I was 300km from the exchange
No retard, that's the server. Your local exchange would be no more than 4-5kms away.

Internode sounds like they really were talking about the exchange if they say you are 1.9km. There are many things that can affect DSL line speed including the quality of the line, number of filters on the line between your house and the exchange, quality of the equipment in the local DSLAM and whatever else. Oh, and I hope you're not expecting to get 18mbps anytime near peak hours. That speed is good if you just took it considering right now we are in peak hours for the east coast.

Next time when using speedtest, click SHARE THIS RESULT and then click on the IMAGE tab and then copy that text into a new tab and load the page and then save the image that comes up. You are showing your IP address on that screenshot you just posted.
>>
>>53498967
>300km from CO
Was this a typo, you can't even get dial up with that line length?
>>
File: nz vdsl.png (32 KB, 300x135) Image search: [Google]
nz vdsl.png
32 KB, 300x135
>nz > au
>rekt by vdsl
>>
>>53499234
Better watch your mouth you fukken cheeky cunt, or we'll send Turnbull over there to ruin your shit too.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-15-04-46-31.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-15-04-46-31.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
Help me get better speeds plz.
>>
The correct solution is to move to one of the towns lucky enough to get based FTTP. And to think I only use my 100/40 connection to shitpost...
>>
File: cable_test_mbps.png (30 KB, 300x135) Image search: [Google]
cable_test_mbps.png
30 KB, 300x135
what's your line attenuation senpai?

if it's like 45 dB or something then you ain't ever getting 18 mbps
>>
>>53499552
Where do I check that man
>>
>>53499758
should be in your modem/router's line stats page. this varies from model to model so i can't really tell you exactly where to go.

should be alongside other statistics such as SNR, sync speed, etc
>>
File: oH8ydTH.jpg (234 KB, 1400x800) Image search: [Google]
oH8ydTH.jpg
234 KB, 1400x800
>>53499552
>what's your line attenuation senpai?
He already gave you his line distance from the exchange. 1.9km. That will give him around 25dB and 18mbps maximum speed, as Internode predicted.

Note that the maximum speed is dependent on other factors including the quality of the line from the DSLAM to his residence and a whole bunch of other shit.

OP, as I've said, the reason your speeds are so lax is because it's peak time. If you are experiencing these speeds past midnight and into the morning and/or throughout the day pre-3pm, then I suggest you contact internode and explain the matter, otherwise, your situation is normal.
>>
>>53499881
until he posts his sync speed you cannot say whether or not it's congestion...
>>
>>53499234
But he's already on VDSL, Turnbull couldn't make it any worse
>>
>>53499234
i'll sell your country on ebay cunt
>>
is this true
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.