[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cherry reds are objectively the most efficient cherry switch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: cherry-red-switches1.jpg (79 KB, 600x457) Image search: [Google]
cherry-red-switches1.jpg
79 KB, 600x457
Cherry reds are objectively the most efficient cherry switch due to the following reasons:

1) They require the least amount of operating force.

2) There is no tactile bump. Thus, there is less opposition upon down stroking the key, as the tactile bump must be overcome by more force than normal, whitch means less fatigue for fingers.

3) Upon typing the intended way (hands hovering over the keyboard and fingers pressing lightly on the keys), they are the quietest as there is no audible tactile actuation point. Also, it is extremely easy not to bottom out.
>>
>>53496517

Reds may be the best but gateron reds are even better
>>
I prefer blues.
>>
>it is extremely easy not to bottom out
Extremely false.
>>
Browns are better.
>>
clears > *
>>
functionally blue's are superior
>>
>>53496517
first, are you so desperate to save every calorie you consume? it's not that hard to press keys all day if you are positioned correctly
second, reds with O-rings would be even quieter, but that might be reaching rubber dome levels of sponginess.
>>
>>53497465

Most important is the mental aspect of it, which is why I increased my wpm by around 25 when switching to reds.

There is no tactile hurdle to overcome so your brain doesn't have to factor that in when typing.
>>
Test all switches, pick whatever feels good to you.

>[x] feels the best to me, and everyone on earth is identical to me, therefore [x] is best for everyone on earth
It is not.
>>
>>53497510
>There is no tactile hurdle to overcome so your brain doesn't have to factor that in when typing.

what the fuck does that even mean
>>
>>53497563
Some people have brain power so low, that a blue switch will disturb their ability to type.
>>
>>5349756

Try reds and find out.
>>
>>53497598
>>53497598
>>53497598
>>53497598
This.
>>
>>53496517
I use blacks and this might be true. But I'm afraid of aciddental keystrokes.
>>
Actually, gateron clears require the least operating force (35g).
>>
>>53496517
You listed the exact reasons I don't like reds. Buckling springs masterrace
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.