[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"We shot some crowd footage at Disrupt," the r
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
>"We shot some crowd footage at Disrupt," the real TechCrunch conference that fictional Pied Piper competes in, he said. I have a friend in tech who called me, and she said, 'Those crowd shots are absurd, you didn't put any women in there at all.' I had to tell her—those were real shots.
>http://arstechnica.com/the-multiverse/2016/03/cast-of-hbos-silicon-valley-discuss-the-real-tech-region-at-swsw/

Why is the tech world so lacking in diversity?
>>
Women who enter cs leave for another field.

Smarter than me.
>>
>>53494658
because women are smarter than men
cs is a shit field with shit hours, shit benefits, and suffers from outsourcing immensely
>>
Women aren't dumb enough to waste their entire adult lives in the slave mines of computer programming and maintenance.
Women have self-respect, men don't.
>>
>>53494658
The real question is why a statement like "Those crowd shots are absurd, you didn't put any women in there at all." isn't considered a neurotic thing to say, no matter who said it?
>>
>>53495048
It's crazy for a field to be 90% nothing but white guys.
>>
>>53495254
not really

underwater welding
plumbing
technical stuff

pretty much anything that requires real work
>>
>>53494658
Because womyn are studying important things like minority relations and gender studies
>>
>>53494758
what's a better field, and why? I'm about to enroll this September as a cs student, but I've been thinking about CE. any suggestions?
>>
>>53495374
I would pick CE any fucking day. Too bad it doesn't exist in my country.
But I want to do hardware development tbqh.
>>
File: 4L_9BPNOa4J.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
4L_9BPNOa4J.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
>>53494658
Because women are sex objects. Their purpose is to look pretty, make and raise babies, cook and clean. They should not be in the workforce. They should not have rights because, like children, they refuse to accept responsibility for their actions.
>>
>>53495254
about 25% of it is asians so we're doing OK then
>>
>>53495412
ITT: things autistic people are too afraid to say out loud
>>
>>53495407
Aside from personal preference, is the job any better? I'm not so well acquainted - what opportunities can I get at a CE grad?
>>
>>53494658
because you need logical thinking and math skills.
>>
>>53495254

why is it? nursing is about 90% women.
mining is about 90% men. and so on.
the question i have is why is it ONLY programming thats gets this attention? why? no one ever explains this!
>>
>>53496023
feminists probably thinks it' an easy job where they can browse on tumblr all day
>>
>>53496023
It is a socially accepted that women are better at work that require caring (e.g. nursing, teaching).

Few talk about those because it accepted as normal and good. That programming/CS/IT is so male dominated is seen as bad. It is easy, profitable work and yet women are not present. This is upsetting to people not even remotely related to the field.

The idea that men may be better at a specific (non-physical) task is not widely accepted (or even acceptable anymore).
>>
>>53495286
This.
>>
>>53496159
>It is a socially accepted that women are better at work that require caring (e.g. nursing, teaching).

I don't even think this is true anymore.

Increasingly we're seeing those beta males who always agree with their feminist superiors bitching and moaning when things don't go their way.
I actually think they're beginning to use feminine tactics to get results: nagging, seduction, and threats of suicide.
The Debian creator offed himself over police brutality, maybe others will follow.
If they would just direct their anger towards nursing and beauty as their feminist overlords have towards CS and CE, the whole thing would either collapse or succeed for our benefit.
>>
>>53495254
I know, it's like other races are inferior or something.
>>
>>53496023
RH in america is 98% women and noone bats an eye?

Oh, right. Americans are getting cucked as fuck this 2 decades
>>
File: 1457304464589.png (545 KB, 611x1103) Image search: [Google]
1457304464589.png
545 KB, 611x1103
>"I think we've done a mildly decent job of hiring female writers, and writers of color," he said. "Fifty percent of the outside writers we hire are women. We're not there yet, but I swear, we are trying."

No wonder season 2 went to shit
>>
>>53496982
FUCK, i meant Human Resources. HR
>>
>>53496982
>>53497015
It's a position created to level the gender balance of certain companies. No one is surprised that it is fulfilling its purpose.
>>
>>53496323
'Offer himself"

I'm sure he did Mr FBI agent.
>>
>>53494658
>issue
>>
>>53497001
Wht the fuck. I hope they were joking or something.
>>
>>53495280
How do you know any of those fields you listed are mostly white men?
>>
>>53495280
Also, those fields you listed are quite old. Software development is relatively new
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.