[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /g/, I'm planning on building my own laptop when the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 512x287) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 512x287
So /g/, I'm planning on building my own laptop when the raspberry pi 3 comes out, just because. I want to build it as cheaply as possible (under $100 would be nice if achievable), and I want a ~10 inch screen.
I'm just wondering where I can find an ultra-thin, ~10" wide keyboard that is perfectly rectangular and will fit nicely inside my dodgy diy wooden laptop case that I haven't made yet. I don't need a trackpad or anything, in fact I might end up getting pretty creative with the mouse.
>>
File: pQo7e8E.jpg (43 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
pQo7e8E.jpg
43 KB, 514x536
Dam
>>
>>53494415

If your such a stingy bastard why not get a thinkpad.
>>
>>53494415
You are better off buying a cheap, used computer. But if this is a hobby. There exists a video of someone who built a raspberry pi laptop. He built the frame and all
>>
>>53494415
>So /g/, I'm planning on building my own laptop when the raspberry pi 3 comes out, just because
topkek. fucking dumbass normies like you are the reason RPi sells so well.
Way to go
>>
>>53494542
I have a laptop, but I want to build one myself for fun.
>>
>>53494631
>normies
And you wonder why you don't have a girlfriend.
>>
there's 10 inches hdmi screen on most of rpi shop, just look around mate. Btw I have the rpi official 7 inches one and its amazing + it's touchscreen
>>
Use a Pi Top, it's simpler.
>>
>>53495595
That pi-top ceed looks cool though.
>>
>>53494631
What's wrong with the Rpi?
>>
>>53494672
All this mainstream media brainwashing has served you well.
>>
File: 1456272389502.jpg (45 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
1456272389502.jpg
45 KB, 350x262
>>53495762
Bullshit international prices
>>
>>53494415
It's already been out for a while. Got myself one over the mail from britbong few days a go already.
>>
>>53494415
Already I found a slight problem on RPi. There's no way you can get Adobe flash plugin on it, so no YouTube videos for you then. That's why I have tabletop computer for browsing and RPi for embedded coding.
>>
>>53495595
why does it have to be razer gaming green? otherwise, looks pretty interesting.
>>
>>53494415
Be on the lookout for old netbooks and scavenge them for parts.
Check the local thrift stores.
Most folks will give them to you just to be rid of them.
>>
>>53494415
>$100
You're better off just repackaging a cheap or damage tablet with OTG keyboard (OTG usb hub would be nice - is that possible?) and maybe add battery expansion.
>>
>>53495941
YouTube's had HTML5 for ages.
>>
>>53495941
>There's no way you can get Adobe flash plugin on it, so no YouTube videos for you then.
lel
>>
>>53495877
Sorry Rahul that you have to pay 1000 Rupees for shipping to your local loo
>>
>>53495941
The fuck ?
>>
>>53495352
>$300
I'd rather get an Atom netbook
>>
>>53494415
If you're trying for cheap, get a used Thinkpad or a netbook if you want something really small and kawaii. Trust me, I've looked into building a laptop with a Raspberry Pi as a project. A half way decent resolution 10" LCD display (1280x800) plus the Pi 3 will set you back over $100 (if you want to scale back to a 7" display it'll be closer to $80 for the display plus the Pi 3) and in the end you're going to end up with pretty shitty specs comparable to an older netbook while being larger.
>>
>>53494415
>>53496299
Also, what are you planning on using for a battery? As any LCD larger than 5 inches or so will require a separate power supply.
>>
Use the pine a64 instead.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.