[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buyer's Remorse Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
Any recent regretful purchases, /g/?

Pic related. I haven't even received it yet, but now all I'm thinking about is the botnet... and how insanely impractical it is to put Linux on one of these.
>>
Chuwi Hi8

Bought it just before the Hi8 Pro came out and on top of that 1920x1200 is just a bad resolution for an 8" Windows tablet
>>
>and how insanely impractical it is to put Linux on one of these.

Moron detected. If you knew any programming (and I know you don't) then you could just modify the code and write your own drivers so it works flawlessly on your tablet.
>>
>>53488939
Because everyone on /g/ is a neet just like you, anon.
>>
>>53488939
You should go ahead and do that for him its easy as pie seeing as its just the matter of 'modifying the code' and 'writing the drives' and it wont take that long becouse you know coding (and I know that you do)
>>
File: ouya_4.jpg (53 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
ouya_4.jpg
53 KB, 650x366
>>53488862
Ouya
>>
File: '.jpg (170 KB, 840x560) Image search: [Google]
'.jpg
170 KB, 840x560
Don't believe the hype.
>>
>>53490385
what didn't you like about it?
>>
>>53490398
Software is weak, easily outclassed by my Xperia Z5 Compact.

The aluminium frame feels like it's about to chip like crazy ever time I scruff it against something even remotely sharp.

Battery life is disappointing and the secondary screen is a gimmick that gets old and useless after a few days. Again outclassed by the XZ5C, but that's expected with a smaller screen and the secondary screen.

It doesn't feel as good in my hand as a significant amount of other phones I've used.

I like the design, but the screen size is a tad bit too big for my liking. That's an opinion, though.

I see the appeal of it, but it just feels like a glorified G4.
>>
File: shin jeans.jpg (570 KB, 1249x934) Image search: [Google]
shin jeans.jpg
570 KB, 1249x934
>>53488939
Yep, people totally want to do that just to have a working computer environment.
>>
>>53490160
Kinda wish I got one of these, but I'm also really fascinated with failed tech in general.
>>
Everything from Sony. It's either shit or will get turned to shit by them.
>>
>>53488862
Amazon Kindle Fire (original). Shitty app marketplace, heavy weight, unstable applications, slow performance.
>>
>>53488862
I thought the Hi10 was the goto /g/ tablet? Doesn't the Hi8 have battery problems?
>>
>>53492057
I've got one and haven't had any issues, haven't heard of any either. The screen's weird though, the plastic sticks to a lower layer and distorts the screen, you fix it by squeezing the shit out of it
>>
My purchases are few and far between, but I regret buying a Dell Inspiron 7537 brand new, a marked-up LG Fx0, and most of all the Axent Wear meme headphones.
>>
File: 201503601705314x0v5hd.jpg (104 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
201503601705314x0v5hd.jpg
104 KB, 680x680
Elephone G2
Needed a nice back up phone for cheap. So I saw this on some chinktech blog sites, advertising this to be some kind of amazing phone. With 4 roms out the box (including cyanogenmod). I had little background on this company Elephone and didn't find anything bad online about it till I received this phone.

Anyways, it came 3/4 months after ordering it. It was decently packages and looked pretty nice. When powering on, it had some weird chime sound effect. Then started to use the "Android 5.0" that was advertised. It was the worst thing I've ever used, with audio quality being terrible, stand by drained the battery, camera was laggy, took forever to charge, and more. Also Elephone lied about the other roms, which never came. It just lead people complaining on their forums and them ignoring.

Tried to do a PayPal dispute, they agreed to a refund. If I payed 60$ China shipping. No thanks.
Moral is, Elephone is chink trash and don't touch a product they make.

Tldr
Bought the Elephone G2, waited 3/4 months to get it. Finally got it, it's shit. They never delivered on promised roms and they demanded $60 for me paying shipping for a PayPal dispute.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.