[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can they make an AI for league of legends that could beat the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
can they make an AI for league of legends that could beat the best korean team? seems impossible.

i can understand how an AI can beat the best human player in chess/go and even a game like starcraft.
>>
5 koreans mean 5 brains to think.
>>
>>53484997
Of course. LoL is easier than chess/go.
>>
You could probably do this without an actual AI. A simple bot could probably do it with the right situations programmed in.
>>
>>53485070
Is it actually computationally easier though? Although for a human LoL strategy is probably easier, chess and go is easier to decompose into individual moves leading to winning and losing states. I'd imagine with LoL being a realtime game with far more parameters it would be harder to "teach" a computer. I know jack shit about AI though.
>>
>>53484997
they already did that like 2 years ago, they were trying to make a new difficulty for bots and they turned out to be so strong not even pro players could win so they didnt release it.
In league of legends it would be like if a player is hacking so theres no chance for a human to win unlike in GO where there are so many options and it doesnt have anything to do with reactions.
>>
>>53485142
what? there was never anything like that. and if it was, im guessing the bots had buffed up stats or something.
>>
>>53485168
>He doesnt know about nunubot
LaughingLux.jpg
>>
>>53485168
how can you say something without being sure of it? anyway just like there are scrips in league of legends for your champion to instantly move away from skillshots and dodge everything riot could have done the same for bots. They didnt actually say anything about how they worked, just some riot dude posted on their forums a long time ago saying even pros couldnt do anything about them so they gave up on it and started creating the doom bots.
>>
File: 1452634330587.gif (943 KB, 200x267) Image search: [Google]
1452634330587.gif
943 KB, 200x267
ITT : People playing an inferior game
>>
>>53484997
There are two things working against a programmer compared to chess in a game like LoL:

Real time instead of turn based
Continuous instead of discreete

Other than that the number of meaningful choices per "turn" is less than league. It requires something a little bit different, but the heuristic needed to make an alright bot going through the search space is most likely simple enough. There are a few decisions that might be a bit hard to answer, though.
>>
>>53484997
If the bot has full access to the game state (cds, player positions, timers, etc.), I would say yes. If it's only given a pixel matrix I would say probably not.
>>
>>53486259
>pixel matrix
That would not make sense.
>>
Given how whiny and emotionally infantile ASSFAGGOTS players are,
it'd be easy peasy for the AI to defeat them.
All it needs to do is wait for 10 seconds till the members of the team start crying, whining, rage screaming, and then rage quitting because of some minor issue like being called a scrub by the AI.
>>
Easily, I remember back on the days of Ragnarok Online, I had a bot with custom scripts for farming items, exp or even pvp.
You could specify an hp level to start using a healing pot, use specific spells/skills depending on the position of the other player, move acordingly, etc
I beat plenty of players with basic fire wall, freezing and jupiter thunder spells, you could even use custom actions for specific classes, etc.
A lol bot sound like the easies shit ever.
>>
>>53484997
No, Koreans are already AI specially built for beating LoL/starcraft.
>>
>>53484997
I don't think any team would stand a chance against a group of bots never fucking up any timings and playing in the most efficient way.

The only reason CPU opponents are so easy in games is because they are intentionally retarded in various ways.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.