[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I install Arch Linux Normally or with Architect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
Should I install Arch Linux Normally or with Architect
>>
We need to know more about you to answer that
>>
>>53481894
What.
>>
architect is much easier
normally you can customize it more
>>
>>53482083
okie
>>
>>53481883
>silver

not even once
>>
>>53481883
Not OP, what about Antergos?
>>
>>53482143
>no offline installer option

kek
>>
File: 84cd694ba2.png (135 KB, 388x346) Image search: [Google]
84cd694ba2.png
135 KB, 388x346
>>53481883
install normally if you can read wikis
with Architect if you are underage
>>
>>53482161
I could use wikis, thing is i will have to remember or write down all of those command lines, it's kind of stressing
>>
>>53482187
Do you not have a smartphone?
>>
>>53482199
nope, no phone.
>>
>>53482161
Is there a difference or obvious benefit by installing manually?
>>
>>53482213
from what I understood, installing manually gives you a lot more options for costumization.

therefore, if you want something 'basic' architect is the way to go;
>>
>>53482213
i haven't tried installing with architect, but installing arch is really not that complicated.
there is a file install.txt that you can read in root's home dir without going to the wiki and have the essential commands.
if networking doesn't work after you install , reboot and chroot into your system,
install lynx and browse to the wiki and bits by bits set up and fix your installation.
>>
>>53482159
I just installed it an I'm 90% sure you could install it offline if you need to
                                                                                                                                                and you want to use GNOME :^)
>>
>>53482209
Sucks

Just write down the commands I guess? Or use architect. It's not like it really matters how as long as it works
>>
>>53481883
Architect so you dont have to fuck around with X
>>
>>53481883
Yes.
>>
>>53481883
Install Gentoo
>>
>>53482187
Install in a VM first and write everything down that you do in a successful install because it's very likely that you'll fuck up somewhere in your install the first time
>>
>>53482161
underage are the kids who install arch
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.