[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DirectX 12
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
>DirectX 12 will also feature support for vendor agnostic multi-GPU setups
Ok, whats the catch? This cant be without its disadvantages
>>
>>53478807
it'll only work on Windows 10... probably
>>
>>53478807
Latency will be the only problem.
Also bottlenecks in small stuff if you are using different cards.
>>
>>53478807

Likely, it won't be for GTX Titan + R9 Fury X combos, really. It'll be for letting your Processor's IGP take care of accelerated video decoding, so you don't gotta waste energy getting that GTX 980ti all butt-bothered with the job, rather, it can do the Gayman later.

Or, we'll see it as a way to take advantage of eGPUs in things like Laptops more easily. Rather than only letting them do external video output, they can use the same framebuffer as the IGP in the laptop uses to dump video onto your internal display.
>>
I think the applications that use this must be programmed for specific hardware beforehand. So it's not automatic with DX12, the game/app must support the specific graphics cards combination
>>
>>53478807
>Ok, whats the catch?
one of the major manufacturers is nvidia, and they do anything in their power to force incompatibility with competitor products (refusal to adopt the VESA adaptive sync standard amd and intel have, etc)

you'll probably be able to use what's in your intel processor alongside an amd card, for whatever it's worth
>>
>>53481276
This. Don't expect it on console ports.
>>
There will be 4 games to fully support it in DX12's lifetime.
>>
>>53479065
>It'll be for letting your Processor's IGP take care of accelerated video decoding

neg. This is actually about parallelism of the rendering pipeline and distributing independent units to different graphics processors.

>take advantage of eGPUs in things like Laptops more easily

I think this is likely, and retards can stop buying GAMUR LABTOP

>>53481276
There is no evidence that this is true.
>>
>>53479065
It is.
They've done benchmarks with gtx 680/hd 7970 and furyx/980ti.
>>
>>53478807
I'm a retard in english, does this mean that you could run nvidia cards and amd cards together as if they were running on SLI/Crossfire?
>>
>>53478807
the programmers must program it for their game
it won't be done lmao
>>
>>53478915
This is not true at all, one current game implements this is Ashes of the singularity.

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-launching-dual-gpu-flagship-graphics/
>>
>>53483841
http://www.anandtech.com/show/9740/directx-12-geforce-plus-radeon-mgpu-preview/4

mores
>>
>>53483811
Yeah but what kind of retard would want to do that?
The only advantage of this is that GPU memory is not all loaded with the same data (parallel), instead the memory is only loaded with the work for that GPU. So 2 cards with 2GB each will have 4GB available.
>>
>>53478807
I already tried it and it works, used Ashes of the Singularity and a 980 Ti with a R9 390, if the AMD card is host, its slightly faster, but works both ways.
>>
>>53479065
>>53481276
>>53481304
>>53483818
See
>>53486359
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.