[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My first PC build
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (476 KB, 800x762) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
476 KB, 800x762
Ok /g/
I'm building my first pc and I think I have a good build but I want some other people's opinions first since it's my first time
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/estafano/saved/pxPPxr

this is the build I hope to get but if I have to budget a little and can't spend as much I'll be going down a little and getting this build instead
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/estafano/saved/xqWgXL
>>
also if anyone can suggest parts I can switch out to save money
>>
I'm also a poor feg so that's why I'd like to save as much as I can but I've been saving up and I have around 1.1k for this build but the less I spend the better
this build is supposed to be for gaming
so if I can have a build that can run something like the division at 60fps max settings
>>
>>53478065
Get an Intel cpu and get a 960 instead of a 970. Upgrade the GPU next generation later this year/next year. Probably a PSU that isn't EVGA either. I hear mixed things about their PSUs.
>>
>>53478158
But by dropping to a 960 I'll loose most of the performance I was hoping to get
>>
>>53478195
lose*
also the 970 comes with The Division as well
>>
>>53478195
what do you need a 970 for that a 960 cant do
>>
>>53478224
division is shit though lol
>>
>>53478195
Get an R9 290 or something. nVidia will probably gimp the 970 soon.
AMD is much better as far as longevity.

The i5 is going to be better than the FX, though.
Until Zen, it would be wrong to tell someone to buy an AMD FX Processor.

If you're looking to budget and don't plan to upgrade for a while you can grab an 860k and a cheap mobo and get the same if not better performance than any of the FX processors.
>>
I want /v/ to leave
>>
>>53478255
The game isn't shit, fampai.
Uplay is shit, though.
>>
>>53478065
That's a nice humanized rarity, buy why does she wear the mask?
>>
>>53478065
>Intel i5

>not Intel Xeon e7
>case is not big enough
>having 4 GBS of ram
Fucking kill yourself 12 year old
>>
>>53478268
I want this computer to last and the 970 just out performs the 960 and it's better for price to performance, I want a machines that's able to run high end games such as the witcher 3 on ultra settings 60fps with no hiccups or bottlenecks
>>
>>53478338
the case is big enough and it's 8gb of ram you blind fuck
>>
>>53478339
If you want it to last a 970 isnt the best choice because youre dropping all that cash when new nvidia gpus are just around the corner
>>
>>53478325
>not humanized rarity
>>
>>53478401
pretty sure it is, darling
>>
>>53478392
if I go with the 960 4gb should I stick with the i5 or go with the fx8320
>>
>>53478461
it's based off the Kawaii mask from payday 2
>>
>>53478464
intel all the way. cores and clock speed arent everything, the architecture of the cpus is totally different. an intel will be much better
>>
Why are cartridges ejection from her revolver
>>
>>53478065
Dude seriously just go to the http://logicalincrements.com/
>>
>>53478065
I have that same monitor and for me it's perfect! Great quality image
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.