[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible for an ISP to completely block all torrent traffic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: flat,800x800,070,f.u4.jpg (67 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f.u4.jpg
67 KB, 800x800
Is it possible for an ISP to completely block all torrent traffic? My family got in trouble because my idiot brother kept torrenting shit without even using a proxy (Which I always use), and ever since then I haven't been able to torrent anything, even with the proxies that I use.
>>
Yes it's possible.

The only way you can escape is with a VPN.

Good luck

>>>/g/sqt
>>
>>53477700
I've never used a VPN before, but I am familiar with the concept. Does /g/ have any recommendations.
>>
>>53477988

Try the veal
>>
>>53478015
Try the veal child
>>
>>53477988
Buy a raspi 3 and install openvpn. Drop it somewhere that's not your house.
>>
>>53479762

OP here

I went ahead and just got a Pia subscription. $6.99 a month isn't bad if it means not having to deal with ISP bullshit.

Noob question here:, Can I run Pia on multiple machines from the same network with just one subscription? I already gave my idiot brother a talk on how to use proxies and other general internet anonymity tips, but I'd feel safer if I just let him use the VPN too.
>>
>>53480079
>I already gave my idiot brother a talk on how to use proxies and other general internet anonymity tips, but I'd feel safer if I just let him use the VPN too.
Great job incriminating your ass with his bullshit.
>>
>>53477655
>and ever since then I haven't been able to torrent anything, even with the proxies that I use.
Sounds like your proxies weren't as effective as you thought. Maybe you were the “idiot” here.

Either way this is all basic /g/ stuff. Either lurk moar or fuck off back to >>>/v/.
>>
>>53480118

I saw the list that the ISP gave us. It was all shit that he downloaded.
>>
torrenting everything since 2006
most of the time from one IP address
never ever received single complain from my ISPs
>>
>>53477655
Move somewhere not america and you should be golden. That or alaska.
>>
hpw can i proxy w/o paying when using torrents?!
>>
>>53477655
Sure it's possible. If it's not encrypted then they can see what is going over their network and can block it. If you encrypt your traffic, then it is really hard work to identify (as fas as I know) your traffic as torrent-traffic.
>>
>>53477655
>Feels good to live in a country who does not care about piracy
Man the world is a beautiful place
>>
>>53480224
>not america
>alaska
lolwut
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.