[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone ever upgrade an iPod with one of these SSD / SD card
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 8e7184a9_iPod256GBmSATA4.jpg (942 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
8e7184a9_iPod256GBmSATA4.jpg
942 KB, 2448x3264
anyone ever upgrade an iPod with one of these SSD / SD card kits? seems like a good way to get a 256GB iPod but not sure how hard it is to install.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272168998147
>>
>>53471809
iFixit iPod repair/replace guides, YouTube videos
>>
Upgraded mine to 128GB to listen to ALAC rips. Works great.
>>
Or use a little flash based player that natively takes SD cards, is smaller, lighter and gets better battery life.
>>
>>53471809
You'll ruin it pulling it apart, the case bends and never seals the same after. It's nowhere near as easy as any internet guide makes it out to be. You'd need to ruin maybe 5 of them before you got remotely good at it. Forget it.
>>
File: greenlexluthorlaughingelfnman.jpg (11 KB, 256x352) Image search: [Google]
greenlexluthorlaughingelfnman.jpg
11 KB, 256x352
>>53472506
this is total BS. i've taken apart dozens of these. it's super easy and goes back together like new. as usual /g/ doesn't know what they're talking about.
>>
>>53472762
He probably bought a crappy spudger or just used a small screwdriver, and wrecked his iPod.
>>
>>53472040
Is there any player that takes a card larger than 128GB? I know there's that Fiio player that can take two of the 128 ones, but something smaller would be great.
>>
>>53473046
I *think* a Clip+ will work with the biggest MicroSDs available, at least when Rockbox is installed. I have a 128 GB one since anything above that is still retardedly expensive.
>>
Lumia 640 = $30
200GB Micro SD = $80

There, a much better option than iPod.
>>
>>53473046
you can upgrade the ipod to 512gb i believe
>>
>>53473118
Huh. One forum I found online shows a guy saying he got a 256GB microsd card working with the Clip+ which, if that's the case, that's perfect.

>>53473205
Isn't it only certain generations of iPod that can do that? I have a Classic 160GB model and looked into upgrading the size, and lots of places said it only works on models of the previous generation.

Though, I guess I could just buy a model of the previous gen that's already been modded.
>>
>>53473311
The one gotcha is you MUST reformat it to FAT32. The cards ship formated as exFAT, which Rockbox can't read. This leads to some people posting that large cards don't work.
>>
>>53473172
>implying the lumia has an equally good DAC
>>
>>53473311
apparently you can even get it up to 1TB

https://www.iflash.xyz/teaser-the-1tb-ipod/
>>
>>53473355
The forum post I found did explicitly say it was formatted to fat32. Think I just found my solution.
>>
this is cool and all, still love my classic, but i havent used that shit in years. Why carry around another device you can lose or have to worry about charging when you have a phone.
>>
>>53473441
i use mine in the car. integrates really well with the car stereo interface.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.