[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
now with built-in ad blocker I love this browser so much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Opera.jpg (292 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Opera.jpg
292 KB, 1280x720
now with built-in ad blocker

I love this browser so much
>>
>website provides entertainment, free of charge.
>someone goes out of their way to disallow a website from making revenue from sponsors to allow the service to continue.
Why?
>>
>>53470343
>now with built-in ad blocker
You mean something it had years ago that they threw out with all the other useful features when they switched to Blink?
>>
>>53470463
no. now it's much better
>>
>>53470343
>proprietary
no thanks
>>
>>53470385
whitelist the ones I support. the ones I like won't have annoying ads
>>
>>53470385
5 rupees have been added etc etc
>>
File: what.jpg (167 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
167 KB, 800x800
>>53470385
>turn off adblocker
>overlayed ads
>"fix your pc" ads
Never again
>>
>>53470385
Same way with piracy.
One view is NOT one SALE
>>
>not using the ethical adblocker
http://tinysubversions.com/notes/ethical-ad-blocker/

degenerate scum
>>
>>53470385
>website provides entertainment, "free of charge"
>website complains that people are enjoying their entertainment, free of charge
Ayyyy
>>
File: you.png (110 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
you.png
110 KB, 480x360
>>53470343
BUT IS IT FLOSS?!

Didn't think so.
>>
File: 213443634.png (961 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
213443634.png
961 KB, 2000x2000
>>53470385
>>
>>53473141
>FLOSS
It's FOSS you giant misinformed retard.
>>
>>53470343
A completely irrelevant gimmick. Anybody with half a brain is just going to install uBlock Origin anyway, because it has a lot more features and is generally just better. Normies don't use fucking Opera, so it's not for them either.
>>
>>53474157
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/floss-and-foss.en.html
Fuck off idiot
>>
>>53474230
I'll use that article to floss my teeth and then spit in your general direction.
>>
>>53470385
1) malware
2) ads treat users like braindead morons and try to sell lies
3) performance: rendering, downloading, etc
4) eating bandwidth (costly on mobile) and taking up screen space
5) distracting
6) breaking feeling of integrity/immersion of the website's UI by visually standing out
7) inherently useless to me: I've never bought anything from an ad, and refuse to buy products I see lots of marketing for because I've experienced those to be the worst
8) fuck marketing people and ad makers for being manipulative sons of bitches that use shit like pics of smiling people to invoke a sense of happiness to win you over etc etc
9) pics of random smiling people, playing kids, etc in places where they're not relevant (which is almost everywhere) make me puke
10) the amount and intensity of ads is opposite related to the actual quality of the product because a good product doesn't need shitty marketing
>>
>>53475247
*inversely proportional or whatever the fuck the translation is
>>
>>53470343
>Opera
>Love
I love Opera Mini on mobile. I can use my free 100 MB Netzclub SIM but can browse normally having used 100 MB for 1 GB.

Opera desktop can also be helpful, if you're on 32 Kbit pages will load in 3 instead of 6 minutes. If you get used to it this will seem as highspeed for you.
>>
>browser decides to ship with a pre installed plug in
>everyone praises them
Are you really that lazy? Just install ublock and you have the same thing.
>>
>>53475247
Yeah I always found it funny how I will have an aversion to purchase of whatever and ad shows because the product then feels tainted
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.