[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been working with SAP for the last 3 months after learning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 200px-SAP_2011_logo.svg[1].png (6 KB, 200x102) Image search: [Google]
200px-SAP_2011_logo.svg[1].png
6 KB, 200x102
I've been working with SAP for the last 3 months after learning from a start-up firm ABAP programming.
Does anybody here also work with SAP and knows how much the salary for a programmer should be?
Since i have no idea where to ask i'm asking here.
>>
>>53468986
SAP pays good money only if you are employed as "software engineer" and work in a running product like HANA.
My friend works there and says his salary is pretty good.
You should get more than 50k unless you are Poo man from India who get not more than 11k for freshers.
>>
Shameful bump
>>
>>53468986
SAP was pretty much indian in 2005
Not sure what the situation is now
>>
SAP related jobs pays good even in entry level.
>>
>>53469048
>HANA
The most unreliable piece of shit ever made.
Enjoy your data corruption after power failure.
>>
File: 1457885193282.png (230 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1457885193282.png
230 KB, 640x360
>>53468986
>Using SAP
>EVER
>>
>>53468986
I'm working in Italy and i'm making 600€ per month but i'm having all traveling expenses payed by my company.
I'm being promised i'll be paid more when all things settle out since this is a start-up company.
What do you guys think?
90% of my work is programming.
>>
>>53468986
tell your PSL buds that I was one of their guinea pigs and they fucked us over hard various times
you can work with now though... well most of the time by now
>>
>>53469262
Indian?
>>
>>53469395
Italian
>>
>>53469163
>not using sql anywhere
>>
>>53469073
Full India I can confirm.
I work here. Basically bug fixes, minor modification which comes in documents from architects. And rest of the time I chat with my gf who sit just opposite to me in other row.
>>
this is now a designated shitposting thread
>>
>>53469262
>>53469437
600€ is poo in loo tier
Sounds like they make a quick buck from your work and dump you the moment you make a fuss/ask for a raise
>>
Holy fuck i hate SAP so goddamn much

I'm convinced that the entire IT department at work keeps their jobs only because they managed to string together enough code to run this shit, but is obviously broken up into spaghetti code which is evident by the way it's structured for the users. One of the things I use is literally called "BOM_WORKING2" because fucking "BOM" is broken and so is "BOM_WORKING1".

fuck
>>
>>53469541
>>53469558
This is my first programming job and i'm amused by how much of that is true.
Everything in this project is seriously fucked up and in need of very heavy refactoring.
>>
>>53469262
that's worse than working at a supermarket or mcdonalds in the netherlands m8, unless you work like 15h/ week
>>
>>53468986
depends on your academic degree, with a master in cs or maths you can get about 50k without work experience, with about 10-15 years of work experience you can get up to 100k or more
>>
>>53469048
>>53469664
usually coding monkeys don't earn more than 80k, as far as i know
>>
SAP pays well only if you are a software engineer at a core project.
>>
>>53469664
>>53469048

Your 50k doesn't translate in Italian euro wages. I'm guessing the equivalent would be 30k € post-taxes.
>>
>>53469727
you can get the same amount of money in europe too, one of my friend works in the headquarters in walldorf and earns 80k € with 9 years of work experience with ABAP
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.