[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Leave laptop running for the night in windows >wake up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
>Leave laptop running for the night in windows
>wake up in the morning to see it rebooted to linux
>it happens sometimes so i just rebooted to windows
>it starts upgrading to windows 10
>i was already running windows 10 all along
>update service was disabled
>mfw

Windows 10 is a fucking virus i swear
>>
File: IMG_20160313_142039.jpg (3 MB, 4192x3104) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160313_142039.jpg
3 MB, 4192x3104
For what reason even run the upgrade!?
>>
>>53464766
to delete your linux partition and prevent you ever install something other than win10
>>
>>53464789
this. OP should be glad the malware at least stayed on its own partition. We need linux gaymen because we're at a point windows can't even be trusted enough to be run outside a VM anymore without fucking your shit up.
>>
File: 1448059609256.jpg (26 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1448059609256.jpg
26 KB, 600x450
>>53464514
>"Windows just werks"
>>
>>53464514
Welcome to the botnet
>>
>>53465907
Botnet works as expected.
>>
>>53464514
>turn off automatic updates
>tell it to allow me to choose what updates I install and when
>turn off every single possible auto shutdown or sleep service or setting
>turn on a torrent
>go to sleep
>wake up
>computer has rebooted and is sitting in a TTY instance on my linux install, it's set auto on my bootloader
>reboot back into windows
>"Please do not turn off your computer"

I swear to fucking god OP it's killing me
>
>>
>>53466180
The autoupdater installed before you turned that shit off. It has been lying dormant on some PCs for months. Just like malware. :^)
>>
>>53464514
If windows is a virus what are you gonna call anime and pedophilia
>>
>>53466298
You killing yourself.
>>
>>53464514
you are really slow, aren't you ? everyone already knows that windows is a fucking malware. we've known for years. but better you learn that late than never
>>
>>53466298
good taste
>>
>>53466354
Pretty rude for a kiddie fiddler
>>
>>53466298
>what are you gonna call anime
anime respects your freedoms
>>
bait/10
>>
>>53467444
Do the animators use free software?
>>
>>53468307
Pencil and paper. The way it was meant to be.
>>
>>53468429
Redline
That is all I need to say on that matter.

>>53468307
I don't know but I would assume so. Animating budgets are insanely cut throat, some cases even outsourcing different frame section to other countries just to drop a thousandth of a cent per frame and have got tied up in questionable labor practices. The very idea that these studios would pay for software is hilarious.
>>
>>53468307
It doesn't matter to your freedoms if the animators use free software. What matters is the license to the anime you have. Most aren't licensed to you, so they default to nonfree.
>>
install gentoo
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.