[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DBAN vs Blancco vs CCleaner drive wiper???
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 1456447240668.jpg (63 KB, 515x420) Image search: [Google]
1456447240668.jpg
63 KB, 515x420
DBAN vs Blancco vs CCleaner drive wiper???
>>
Blancco 5?
>>
>>53458526
I was just watching this on Netflix
>>
>>53458526
>>53458627
I don't understand why he kills the drill instructer, what the duck is the movie even about? Is it literally just following Joker?I don't fucking get it
>>
>>53458627
My little sister can't be this cute?
>>
>>53458646
Are you implying that I am fucking your sister sir?
>>
>>53458671
What do you got to trade?
>>
>>53458526
DBAN all the way
>>
>>53458690
2 lollipops and a shoe lace
>>
>>53458526
oh shit nigger what did you do?
>>
File: image.jpg (325 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
325 KB, 1600x1200
>>
>>53459008
I got in debt and need to sell off some HDD
>>
Any of them. All you need is 1 pass. The FBI/NSA/CIA/LOL/BBQ isn't going to spend tens of thousands of dollars to scan the latent magnetism on your platters. 1 pass will take care of a drive for selling on ebay or whatever.
>>
Just use dd.
>>
>>53459189
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda0
>>
>>53459348
bs=1M
>>
>>53458526
Why not just dd?
>>
>>53458644
It's Stanley Kubrick, all his shit doesn't make sense. It's just a look at the Vietnam war.
>>
>>53459395
For sure, but now more actual bs=4M
>>
>>53458526
>piriform

>ever
>>
>>53459472
Also ;sync.
>>
>>53458646
That's not OreImo you fuck.
>>
>>53459150
>Any of them. All you need is 1 pass. The FBI/NSA/CIA/LOL/BBQ isn't going to spend tens of thousands of dollars to scan the latent magnetism on your platters. 1 pass will take care of a drive for selling on ebay or whatever.
This was only needed "back" in the days, when such software was produced. Modern platter have such high data density that there is no need for me than one pass, this already makes it unrecoverable.

>>53459472
>For sure, but now more actual bs=4M
Depends on the drive. When it's an older drive a too big bs will actually slow it down. You want to match the drive's specs.
>>
For standard hard drives you need at least 100 passes with DBAN before you can risk selling it. You're better off just doing 100 passes and then drilling/melting with acid.

If you destroy the pins and the case and throw it in the regular trash you're 99.9% safe. Don't you dare "recycle" it at Best Buy or your local city recycling drive. At best it will end up in China and your entire drive will be recovered and you'll only be extorted for a few thousand dollars. If Best Buy or another recycling program gets a hold of it and recycles in America you're pretty much guaranteed 10+ years in prison, and that's if all you've done online is download movies and post subversive content on 4chan.
>>
If you need it fast, ata enhanced security erase will do super quick, due to just destroying private key.
>>
>>53460141
>For standard hard drives you need at least 100 passes with DBAN before you can risk selling it
What exactly is the risk you're anticipating? You can't give a number of passes naive to the threat you anticipate.

If you're giving the hard drive to your mother, then 1 quick format is sufficient.
If you're going to mail it to the NSA, then 100 might not be enough.

Gauge your expected threat.
>>
>>53458526
Dban, autonuke turn 360 degrees and walk away.
>>
>>53460225
>If you're going to mail it to the NSA, then 100 might not be enough.
You have absolutely no idea about the tech involved, right...? That's not how HDDs work.
>>
>>53458526

sudo shred /dev/sdb
>>
File: hi jooooooker.....jpg (149 KB, 2880x1619) Image search: [Google]
hi jooooooker.....jpg
149 KB, 2880x1619
>>53458644
The training took a toll on him. Someone with that type of unstable mentality to be push through physical training and being drilled constantly making mistakes like bringing food in the private bunk only to get painfully haze by his peers can turn you into a wreck and he focus all his thoughts to the drill instructor and himself. Nothing else to say about that can't really feel sorry him.
>>
>>53458644
I didn't understand the first part with him shooting the instructor. But the end where the lone teenage sniper kills off like 4 men is a metaphor for the entire war.
>>
>>53458526
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT GOMER PYLE
>>
wise registry cleaner
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.