[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is LTSB N still the definitive version of W10? I'm upgrading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Windows-10-Enterprise-2015-LTSB.png (129 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Windows-10-Enterprise-2015-LTSB.png
129 KB, 1600x900
Is LTSB N still the definitive version of W10?

I'm upgrading to a 390 and want to use DX12 with minimal bloat, will dualboot Mint or Elementary OS as my main non gaymen OS.
>>
LTSB version of Enterprise is unnecessary since you can turn off automatic updates on Enterprise..
>>
>>53456335
To answer your question, yes it's the best you can get.
>>
>>53456493
Does Enterprise still have Cortana and the shit app store?
>>
>>53456679
Pretty sure the N versions don't have either of them.

I know when you first install any version of Windows that you can turn off Cortana.
>>
>>53456335
>Windows 10, any version at all
Still logs and uploads all the text you type to M$ servers. Still takes periodic screenshots of your screen and sends then to M$.

Install Windows 8.0 (the last non-botnet version of Windows) and disable updates.
>>
>>53456679
Yes. You can disable them. The N version has them disabled by default but Cortana now = windows search so Cortana.exe is running even on the N version
>>
>>53457901
>Still logs and uploads all the text you type to M$ servers. Still takes periodic screenshots of your screen and sends then to M$.
It's really odd how no one has ever been able to prove this. You'd think someone would by now (given that hundreds of companies have access to Windows source code - someone would have leaked it).

I don't like what Microsoft is doing AT ALL with Windows, and I wouldn't recommend Windows 10 for a lot of reasons, but the whole "they're uploading everything you do no matter what" has been shown to pretty much be BS
>>
>>53458081
>People here actually believe this.
Enjoy Microsoft's dick up your ass.
>>
>>53456335
LTSB Win10 is still stuck on 10240, you don't get updated to 10586.164 nor do you get the new features and future DX updates till they do another LTSB
>>
>>53458081
Windows 10 is free. Why wouldn't they be uploading everything you do?
>>
>>53458301
> Windows 10 is free

No, it's not. Windows 10 costs money for the license you use and its around $90 for 1 license.
>>
>>53458301
Oh, there's no reason they wouldn't. But like I said, no one has proved that they're doing anything of the sort, and so far everyone credible who has looked into it hasn't come up with anything
>>
File: windows 10 botnet.webm (3 MB, 420x236) Image search: [Google]
windows 10 botnet.webm
3 MB, 420x236
>>53458732
>>
>>53456335
You can't effectively use the Xbox One controller on any Enterprise version.
I couldn't really pinpoint the issue - it had to with how Microsoft split the triggers axis.

Cause I'm on my phone I won't go into detail but whatever driver you use a new issue with controller arise.

Switched to Pro and it worked flawlessly.
>>
>>53460989
I really can't see what's going on here.
>>
>>53458723
If you pay that much for Windows you're retarded
>>
>>53461108
Can you still upgrade to Windows 10 for free by getting something like Windows 8.1 Pro?
>>
>>53461073
My Xbox One controller works fine with Enterprise N.
>>
>>53456335
>Is LTSB N still the definitive version of W10?

Debatable at this point. It's actually LACKING some of the new options that Microsoft added to mainline Enterprise that help cut down on the botnet. They inserted a few more group policies in build 10586 that are helpful, as well as tweaking things in other areas. One thing that's also now made clear is that you CANNOT completely disable telemetry, even on Enterprise. The '0' option is now called 'Security' and notes that it still sends some basic telemetry.

LTSB also has some bugs that will never be fixed, such as Explorer Windows refusing to stay where you put them and moving further and futher down the screen each time you open a new one. This was fixed at some point in regular Enterprise.

>>53458061
The full Cortana isn't present in LTSB. Only SearchUI.exe, which presents itself as Windows Search in the task manager, rather than Cortana. Whether the underlying code is the same or not, who knows.

>>53458297
The next LTSB build is coming later this year. There won't be another one for several years after that though.

>>53461073
False. I used mine on LTSB and use it currently on Enterprise with the November update and it works perfectly.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.