[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tech stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
>Step dad gets an "smart" LG TV
>Oh boy LG, what hell has thy bestowed upon thee now?
>Something like $4k (i dunno)
>Asks me to help hook it up
>TV works
>Asks me to pair this "Magic remote" to the TV
>Can't pair it
>googles issue
>dumb videos
>Calls LG
>Tell her what I need to do
>asks me for everything to do
>Asks her why I can't pair the remote
>"In order to do so sir, you need the Bluetooth dongle to do it"
>didn't come with 1
>explains it's sold separately
>Asks why
>Literally told me"It's part of LG's marketing strategy" have feeling should not of told me that.
>Asks her about a Tenda USB Wifi card
>Tells me it has to be an LG brand and will only work
>Asks why Tenda doesn't
>Again, LG only
>Facepalms
>Too mad to cont because we need parts the TV didn't come with
WHY THE LITERAL FUCK DID THEY DO THAT? THAT'S LIKE ASKING WHY THE PHONE DIDN'T COME WITH WIFI SETTINGS AND YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THEM SEPARATELY FROM GOOGLE PLAY!

I can understand a a "Marketing strategy" for this. But at the same time, I ask this because, WHY JUST LG?

I hate LG more now. I thought I hated them pretty bad, but I think at this point I like the Windows phone more.
>>
Well, I will remember this post when I buy my next TV for sure.
>>
File: jew.gif (11 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
jew.gif
11 KB, 501x585
>>53455178
>marketing strategy
>>
OP is LITERALLY his stepdad's wife's son
>>
>>53455178
>not returning the TV
OP status: cuck

also, the magic remote works pretty well.
unfortunately, all smart TV OSes are total shit.

wish I could use it as a mouse for XBMC or something.
>>
>>53456037
"they just want to find a way to jew you out of more money" I told my mother
>>53456059
OH FUCK THEY KNOW

>>53456115
Not my money, or I would. Also, I don't LG. I have 2 phones from them thinking"Oh well, I'll get 1 more phone from them and see what happens" FUCK LG. All their devices have been nothing but shit to me. Thank god they don't build cars.
>>
>>53456115
ubuntu tv
>>
>>53456197
or get this, hook your laptop up to your TV with HDMI. SO Much easier.
>>
In the end, all smart TVs are shit.

Much better off getting a dedicated htpc, and hooking that up, like always.
Bit more expensive, but old laptops, like old thinkpads, that are still perfectly good for playing back media, are quite cheap.
>>
>>53456271
def, this is what I was thinking of doing with my old PC behind me. Its prolly close to 10 or more and I have a 120GB on it, like 2 gbs of ram :/ So what I could MAYBE work with mint or less?
>>
>>53456352
Mint will work just fine.

If it's a core2duo/athlonx2, it oughta be fine with cinnamon + mpv, if it's older, or gpu doesn't support cinnaon, go with mate + mpv.
>>
File: NOT MONOPOLY.png (105 KB, 290x256) Image search: [Google]
NOT MONOPOLY.png
105 KB, 290x256
>>53456385
or go even deeper and get #! LOL
>>
too bad if the tv came with the remote it would work without needing a fucking dongle.

you could prove me wrong by posting the model number, but you wont
>>
>>53456447
LG "magic" remote.
Model: AN-MR600
>>
>>53456487
no you dumb shit, give me the model of the tv.

if the tv came with the remote, it does not need anything extra. and if you buy the remote separately it usually comes with and adapter
>>
>>53456525
No dude, the TV and the Remote are one. It didn't need any pairing like those other remotes. I don't know what to say, but I explained everything to the woman as such and she specifically told me that you need the adapters. I don't know why.

Also, I thought we were talking about the remote still, ok.
>>
http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-65UF8500-4k-uhd-led-tv

I believe it's this one. He's paying monthly on it.
>>
File: 1448721518333.jpg (11 KB, 552x310) Image search: [Google]
1448721518333.jpg
11 KB, 552x310
>>53456552
>buys cheap, bottom of the barrel, no-WiFi, no-bluetooth tv
>expects upgrade Bluetooth remote to work
>>
>>53456605
I've never used one of them before now, I never cared to buy one.
1. too expensive
2. stupid gimmic
3. whats the point when I can do everything on my PC?
>>
>>53456579
This whole thread is bullshit. The TV came with the remote. It works or the TV is defective. Simple as that
>>
>>53456579
>meme resolution with no native content
>proprietary bullshit just to use the fucking remote
Try pairing it with your phone or something. Or maybe get a regular old school remote.
>>
>>53456683
I'm not bullshitting. Sorry anon.
It's possible. But that's what the woman at LG told me.

>>53456727
Pairing the Remote to my phone or my phone to the TV?
Cause if Remote to phone, that doesn't work like that. It's nothing like that
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.