[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do Apple get away with charging $600 for an iPhone 6 when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: sarah-gadon.jpg (3 MB, 2400x1650) Image search: [Google]
sarah-gadon.jpg
3 MB, 2400x1650
How do Apple get away with charging $600 for an iPhone 6 when you can get an Android phone with the same or better specs for $200-250?
>>
>>53454460
the software and the brand, you fucking moron
>>
Because a person's frustration with a device is determined by its usability (which evidently has only a slightly correlated relationship with specs).
>>
Because it doesn't matter when you're getting an upgrade
>>
Because iPhones don't come preloaded with crapware, adware, spyware, and tons of security vulnerabilities.

Also iPhones get software support for longer than a year.

Also iPhones don't lag like fuck with mediocre battery life.

Just a handful of reasons off the top of my head.
>>
>>53454460
The only way you would coceptualize this question is if you've never paid any attention to the free market.

What I should have said is GTFO underage fag. Oh wait, I did. GTFO.
>>
>>53454535

and all that is worth the extra $400-500?
>>
>>53454609
>Just a handful of reasons off the top of my head.
>skipping the other posts giving more reasons
>thinking that this is a comprehensive list of reasons in the first place
is there any point trying to explain this to you or are you intellectually incapable of reasoning beyond exactly what we tell you?
>>
>>53454609
They are the same price as higher end android devices you fucking shill
>>
>>53454625

higher end android devices have much better specs though
>>
>>53454622
I tried to decipher whatever the fuck you meant to convey in your post but in the end you only sound like a wannabe pompous dickhead.
>>
>>53454460
Higher numbers don't mean better specs.
>>
>>53454674
That's to compensate for the OS's shitty performance.

That's how it's always been for Android. It's why OEMs rushed to make bigger and bigger phones in which they could cram bigger batteries.
>>
>>53454609
The good Android phones - the ones that get software updates that make phones more useful - cost about the same amount as iPhones. The problem is that even "flagship" phones don't necessarily get the same treatment as one another.

I bought a Google Edition Samsung Galaxy S4 a few years back. It was my daily driver for a few months, but it quickly became my Android reference device for development (that was the long term plan).

It continues to be my development device, but it is increasingly becoming irrelevant. It's not going to get stock Marshmallow, for instance. You might say that I should just load Cyanogenmod or some other ROM onto the phone, but that fundamentally misunderstands why this phone is on my desk. I did not buy it to install custom ROMs and to "make shit work". I bought it because there was some notion that this would be a Google-supported device for the foreseeable future.

So look forward about 2 years to Android Marshmallow and iOS 9 - again, both released within about 5 months of each other - and we see the following:

- the iPhone 5S (an approximate contemporary to the Google Edition SGS4) gets iOS 9, and if you expect the oldest device to drop off the list in each subsequent iOS release, then the 5S has the iPhone 4S and the 5/5C "behind it", so to speak. So I would expect iOS 10 or iOS 11 to drop the iPhone 4S and/or the 5 before it would drop the 5S. You may argue that some features are not available on the 5S, but the core functionality is there. Security updates are certainly there. Bugfixes are there.

- The Google Edition SGS4 didn't get Marshmallow at all from Google. When KitKat and Lollipop were released, the delays compared to other Google-sponsored devices were noticeable. Now it's not clear what bugfixes and security patches the GE SGS4 will get (if any) going forward.
>>
>>53454692
I'm not him, I just joined because your post was insanely stupid.
>Just a handful of reasons
This is plain English, not something coded that you need to decipher. You read this (or attempted to?) and came back with
>and all that is worth the extra $400-500?
Which suggests you don't understand what he said at all.
>>
>>53454460
Specs on paper doesn't mean shit. No one cares about them.
>>
are there any current android phones that have removable battery?
>>
>muh specs
i miss being an androne
not
>>
>>53454829

Loads. Don't know about flagship ones though
>>
>>53454460
Every company does that with their flagship phones, what type of question is that?
>>
>>53454535
I am really sorry for you..
1. Flash it = no problem, or spend couple more bucks on galaxy S5
2. So do phones on Android, buy galaxy s5 + you can flash it.
3. Again buy s4 or s5, even though s2 should be enough as it never freezed in my hands.
>>
>>53454817
I do
>>
>>53454933
This is what people said about the S4 and see >>53454758

Also, being told that you need to flash your phone once you get it should signal to you why most consumers don't buy Android phones. People hear that and they think "I have to fix the phone as soon as I start using it? What is this shit?" and they go with an iPhone, which doesn't require you to fix it out of the box.
>>
>>53454975
you're on /g/. you're an autistic android zealot.
there's a good chance you're going to shoot up a school full of little kids with a submachine gun you carry as part of your EDC

Apple gets away with charging $600 for an iPhone 6 because most people are not like you.
>>
>>53454460
MARKETING

A
R
K
E
T
I
N
G
>>
>>53454535
Because iPhones don't come preloaded with crapware, adware, spyware, and tons of security vulnerabilities.

Also iPhones don't lag like fuck with mediocre battery life.

WHO THE FUCKS IS THIS GUY???? Steve Jobs go back to hell.
>>
>>53454460
How "does" Sanjay

It's how does, now go practice your broken english you fresh off the boat poo in the loo
>>
>>53454674
They need the better specs to run the operating system. I use android but I am aware it's the windows of smartphones (not even windows is the windows of smartphones because it is such garbage)
>>
feels so good that apple is an american company run by old white dudes who don't give a fuck and they're the best at what they do.

entire teams of indian and asian engineers are just pieces of shit compared to these guys time and time again.

you can't innovate, you can't even duplicate properly that's why everything with windows/google attached to it is bargain bin garbage.
>>
>>53454460
The software, the fact that everything is designed in house, and also the brand, supply and demand, etc.
>>
>>53455008
this doesn't make sense.
Samsung alone outspends Apple on marketing 4x.
>>
>>53455132
don't reason with it.
>>
>>53454460
Retard shills?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.