[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your opinion of newer Apple mice?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: Apple_Mice_Comparison.jpg (3 MB, 4752x3168) Image search: [Google]
Apple_Mice_Comparison.jpg
3 MB, 4752x3168
Your opinion of newer Apple mice?
>>
Actually, it's "mouses", unless you're talking about the animal.
>>
>>53451860
its worth every penny
>>
I haven't used anything newer than the Mighty Mouse but I prefer the Magic Trackpad to mice
>>
Uncomfortable as fuck
>>
I use one at work. It's quite nice.

Instead of a scrollwheel you just move your finger around and it scrolls based on your finger's movement.

Though it can be kind of annoying sometimes because you'll go to click on something on a web page, and if your finger slides while clicking it registers that as a scroll movement, and it moves the thing you were trying to click on out of the way.

I also miss having a clickable scrollwheel though because that's usually how I open links in new tabs on non-macfag machines.
>>
>>53451860
Optimized for anal pleasure.
>>
pretty awesome if not for the awkward recharging

then again you can just plug it in for the night or something
>>
>>53452471
Isn't it like a two minute charge? Shit you could take a piss and it'd be done by the time you got back
>>
>>53452471
>awkward recharging
Jus use rechargeable batteries and change them when they run out, then recharge the spares..
>>
>>53452492
that is also a possibility

>>53452498
it has a builtin accumulator, the 2 that is
>>
>>53451860
As what you'd call an Apple Fanboy I hate it
Using a mouse to navigate computers is outdated anyways, but they are the only option for gaming and windows works like ass without them so they won't go away any time soon. Anyways if you want a traditional mouse for your mac, get a normal mouse, they are cheaper and better. The only nice thing about the Magic Mouse 2 is the lightning connector, but I'm sure you can find a normal mouse with a micro usb charger or something for the same price or maybe even less.

I don't understand why they made the Magic Mouse 2, the Magic Trackpad beats it in design, innovation and usability, they should have remade it with proper buttons and ergonomics instead.
>>
>>53451860
A lot better than their Mighty Mouse. But that's not saying a lot.
Also, with that shape, enjoy your carpal tunnel in a few years.
>>
>>53451860
uncomfortable as fuck. have them at uni, i take my mx master because they're so terrible.
>>
Apple user here and I hate them. If I'm not using my macbook's trackpad I want a real fucking mouse. Not whatever this bullshit is.
>>
Not comfortable, not good for games.

However I will say this, their trackpads are easily the best thing they designed. No one is superior to Apple in that aspect, and I would say it's almost worth it to spend 60 bucks on one of those things for your computer.
>>
Just recently bought a mouse and made an extensive research. In conclusion, and for my needs (content creation) the MX Master is the best mouse available and the Magic Mouse is shit.

It might be just fine for a Facebook machine though.
>>
Completely unergonomic. Enjoy your hand pain.
>>
>>53453061
> logikek
>>
>>53453083
...make the best mice.
>>
>>53452587
>Apple user here
Nope.
Just another troll.
>>
Form over function
>>
>>53451860
god awful unless you only want to left click
if you turn on the right click thing its annoy as fuck to get it work properly
>>
Apple has never been very good at making mice, and the newest magic mouse is a big step up for them. Probably not the best wireless mouse, but one of the best. Not good for gaming or support though.
>>
>>53452339
But it is referring to the actual animal
>>
>>53453165
Apple user here. I use a steelseries rival and use some software to disable mouse accel because steelseries engine doesn't do dick.

I dislike the magic mouse thing. I want something comfortable to hold with side buttons. I'm used to normal mice.
>>
>>53453075

This. I actually like Apple products, especially their Laptops, but the Magic Mouse is uncomfortable as fuck to use. The Mighty Mouse really was god-tier.
>>
The last couple generations of magic mice are fine or even great if you're not the type that sits at your desk for countless hours every day.

That's not me, because my line of work is computers and all of my hobbies are computer-related. Because of this, the magic mouse causes mild wrist strain for me. I use a trackball instead whenever possible.

It's a nice device otherwise, though.
>>
>>53453297
> The Mighty Mouse really was god-tier.
If you don't count the right click that didn't work unless you removed your finger from the left button, the shitty sensor, the uncomfortable squeeze button and the scroll ball that would gunk up in a week and was impossible to clean.
>>
>>53453113
You forgot Microsoft as the second best mice maker.
>>
>>53453320
>it makes your hand fall off and your dick turn inside out but it's a good device. People don't need hands anyway.
>>
File: 9HCpxF8.gif (2 MB, 379x287) Image search: [Google]
9HCpxF8.gif
2 MB, 379x287
[GO]
>>
File: 1444819334675.jpg (163 KB, 610x457) Image search: [Google]
1444819334675.jpg
163 KB, 610x457
>>53451860
>>
>>53453928
How lewd
>>
>>53453165
apple user here, logitech or death
>>
>>53453928
I fail to understand what they did.

I fear for their future in terms of software. If Fuji is going to have a new file system, for fucks sake I hope to god that it's better than HFS+ because I cannot think of anything worse than that. But I still want their system. It one of the two things I want from apple. OSX and trackpads.
>>
>>53451860
Apple invented the mouse you should thank them.
>>
>>53454126
>apple
>not Xerox
>>
>>53454146
xerox didn't know what it was
>>
>>53454194
>>53454146
Douglas Engelbart made the first thing that we would recognize as a mouse in 1968. He was at Stanford University (or perhaps arguably SRI International, which was a nonprofit founded by Stanford trustees) at the time.

The argument that Xerox invented it would have to stem from some sort of argument that they "commercialized" it, but if you're going to go down that route then you have to agree that Apple wins that argument not just with the mouse, but with most products.

Apple doesn't invent cutting edge technologies. Virtually no company does. If you really want to get to the bone marrow, or DNA, of futuristic shit, you need to look to academia. If you're interested in the contributions companies make, then you should be looking at the companies that manage to take impractical research-guided designs (like Engelbart's "Mother of All Demos") and turn them into real things that more than 50 people might ever get to touch and use. In that framing, Apple is definitely more significant than anti-apple zealots want to admit.
>>
>>53451860

>Wireless
>Good

My sides have just imploded.
>>
>>53454332
Why? Are you playing Quake3 Arena or something?
>>
>>53454098
I have used Mac OS X for numerous years in the early '00s and don't get what the issue is with HFS+.
>>
>>53454488
Someone's going to parrot Linus Torvalds's Google+ post, so i'll just encourage you to look for that, but the gist is that it's not well-engineered, and that matters a lot in some context that has yet to materialize for a substantial number of users in something like 20+ years.
>>
>>53451860
They're the exact opposite of ergonomic, and relatively uncomfortable to use.
>>
>>53452563
>outdated
>won't go away anytime soon
pick one
>>
>>53454320
Yeah I'm aware of the history (DATAR) it seems all CompSci is related to wwii if you dig deep
>>
>>53454320
shut the fuck up
>>
>>53454955
All technology is related to the military if you dig deep. I'm not upset or acrimonious about that (I mean at some very low level maybe I am, but it's like the same baseline as the level of microwave background radiation in the universe. It's just whatever.

My point was to acknowledge that academia invents things (often with the military or government as its patron) because the kind of really risky research endeavors - the kinds that more often fail than succeed (and by a WIDE margin) - have to be supported by organizations that don't need to turn a profit. Companies need to turn profits, so they'll keep their eye on academic research, but they're not making the mouse out of thin air - they're seeing the glimmers of ideas in research publications and shit, deciding that this approach is worth pursuing, and doing it.

And I was aware that I would get some pushback from zealots who can't handle a slightly more measured consideration of this shit, but I was expecting something more fully formed than >>53454965
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.