[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fell for the Windows 10 meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: fuckme.png (11 KB, 802x632) Image search: [Google]
fuckme.png
11 KB, 802x632
This shit is pissing me off.

I'm currently trying to restrict how much control Microshills have over my Win10. I know a big part of that is in the Update and Security screen. Shockingly, I cannot access it. If I'm online it's just stuck, it loads nothing, if I click on the categories on the right-side of the menu nothing happens. It's a stuck static screen. Pic related.

If I'm offline (unplug the ethernet) it closes itself as soon as it opens.

What the fucking fuck. How do I fix this shit?? I read about performing a clean boot. If I do, should I be offline when I do? Do I have to manually restore Windows services or not? Any help appreciated.
>>
File: 1457102710360.jpg (16 KB, 356x356) Image search: [Google]
1457102710360.jpg
16 KB, 356x356
>>53446790
*categories on the left side
I'm so mad I can't type
>>
File: 1449636477830.gif (2 MB, 283x313) Image search: [Google]
1449636477830.gif
2 MB, 283x313
halp pls
>>
Intoo Genstall
>>
>too retarded for windows

sorry to hear, op
>>
>>53446790
go to www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop
choose the right flavour and click download

follow the instructions on http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows
reboot computer with the usb stick plugged in. Maybe you'll need to change the boot order in your bios for Ubuntu to boot.

From then on click on "install Ubuntu" when prompted. Let the installer use all the defaults. Install should take less than 20 minutes (if you have a good computer around 10-15 even)

remove usb stick, reboot

congratulations, you have now taken your first step to freedom and never have to deal with MS shit again.

(next step is to install Gentoo obv.)
>>
>>53447291
>le amazon botnet

no, thank you. i rather stick to products made by trustworthy companies.
>>
You're fucked. Backup anything worthwhile and reinstall 7.

Do not install Linux if you want anything to work. Save the headache for 2020 when Win 7 support ends.
>>
install Linux, no seriously.

>in b4 muh games more important than muh freedom
>>
>>53447291
>ubuntu
>first step to freedom
I don't think so buddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP8CNp-vksc
>>
File: something happened.jpg (42 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
something happened.jpg
42 KB, 1152x648
>>53447305
at least the Amazon SpyLens actually works.

You know, as opposed to OP's system settings

usable botnet > Windows 10
>>
BOT

N
E
T
>>
>>53446790
You have three options.
1. Go back to Windows 7 and block telemetry updates.
2. Get use to the botnet.
3. Switch GNU/Linux or something else that respects your privacy.

By the way, do you use any of the google products?
>>
>>53446790
Re-enable any services you've disabled. When this fails, Run a repair install.
>>
Your in the botnet now bruv, no way out. Sorry.
>>
>>53446790
>my Win10
Windows was never yours, buddy
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.