[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you were given a choice to buy a new rig what would you decide.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Gamer pc.jpg (52 KB, 550x455) Image search: [Google]
Gamer pc.jpg
52 KB, 550x455
If you were given a choice to buy a new rig what would you decide.
>Buy from a local store with some branded and some never heard names or...
>somewhere 100 miles away where it is a popular parts store and all parts are branded and well known.
No online shops like amazon and newegg.
>>
I wouldn't.
>>
>>53446227
>buy a new rig
>buy
What causal do you take me for
>>
Not be retarded and buy online.

First option you're pc won't be exactly what you wanted it to be and might regret your decision

Second driving 200 miles for some pc parts is bad use of my time and priorities. Still limited selection and might regret build
>>
>>53446227
>rig
>>>/v/
>>
Probably buy away. I don't mind hauling stuff across town if it means I'll get less hardware failures in the future.
>>
>>53446227
Okay youre basically asking for a machine. Lets go trough the protocol then.

Answer the following questions and we'll help you:

>Budget
>Purpose / Application
>Size / Form Factor
>Existing Parts
>Only Prebuilt?

Also whats wrong with Amazon and Newegg?
>>
>>53446227
>100 miles away
This is only a factor if you're a child or a dirty fucking virgin neckbeard loser without a car.
So yeah, obviously the second option
>>
>>Budget
>about 700
>>Purpose / Application
>gaming, autocad, video editing
>>Size / Form Factor
>Atx,mAtx
>>Existing Parts
>Start from scratch
>>Only Prebuilt?
>no
>Also whats wrong with Amazon and Newegg?
>not available in my country (gook-lippines)
>>
>>53446350
700 USD?
That is going to be very tight for a scratch 'gaming' build. Do you have a monitor and peripherals already? If not i suggest you to save up.
>>
>>53446379
Actually in my currency I managed to sum up $1140 as I will be paying in credit card. I contacted both stores and have agreed on these parts.
Local:
i5 4590
Kingston 8gb 1866
Asus h81m-a
Seasonic s12ii
R9 380(msi)
1tb hdd
Coolermaster n200
Benq dl2215

Faraway:
i5 6500
Asrock h110m
Gskill 8gb
Same psu
Same gpu, only its sapphire
Same storage
Nzxt s340
Asus vc239

Thoughts?
>>
>>53446494
Also add up that local store sums at $950 while faraway at $1140
>>
>>53446297
I actually have a current situation I'm in.
volunteer to make a safety video for my workplace
I've done a bit of basic editing using Lightworks
record all my footage and take it home
1080 is too much for my shitty Viao to handle and the audio lags behind the video about 1/2 second. As I am using audio over video (similar to a music video lip sinc) I have to see the audio and video with no lag in the editor.

>Already have a case and some dated hardware from about 2007-2010.
>Trying to spend around $600.
>Still have a RAT 7 mouse and a basic keyboard.
>Have a small 20"? Monitor VGA-D
>Due by Friday the 18th
>What do?
I have built computers before, and have no issues using my old case. If you want more info on what I have in the old case let me know. Also, I applied for a leadership position so failure is not an option.
>>
>>53446494
>>53446517
For only $90 more I'd go with the second.
>>
>>53446577
True anyone would but I have a weird belief that all things break and that it would be more of a hassle in warranty since i dont own any vehicle. How would that fare?
>>
>>53446227
BUY A RIG? You surely mean BUILD? Dude? Tell me you typod?
>>
>>53446227
Want to build something good?
Dual socket quad cores
16GB DDR4 on each CPU
Quad-way SLI/Cross
RAID0 SSD's
Liquid cooling

Options on the models are up to you, just don't cheap out.
>>
>>53446676
Yes everything wears down eventually, in that case why buy anything? Chances are you'll want to replace a component before it breaks, hell chances are anything you buy for your rig will die after the warrenty has expired.

>Don't own a vehicle
Might want to get your priorities straight and invest in a car before building a pc
>>
>>53446266
this
>2016
>not soldering your own cpus

git gud, here's tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhhVIRXwnQE
>>
>>53449946
Didn't know Ahmed was on utube
>>
>>53446227
the parts themselves are what's important. If you get, say, an MSI motherboard, it's the same thing no matter whether you buy it from a local place, a big-box place, or online. So you should pick the parts you want and then shop on price.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.