[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How i can start learning hacking ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: hacking.jpg (64 KB, 500x327) Image search: [Google]
hacking.jpg
64 KB, 500x327
I want to start learning hacking. Pls share some study materials and advice
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>53441758
Just install gentoo ?
>>
>>53441740
https://www.hackthissite.org/
You still have to learn things tho.
Also don't donate its run by the FBI
>>
File: 550639.png (159 KB, 400x371) Image search: [Google]
550639.png
159 KB, 400x371
>>53441740
>start learning hacking
you can start by learning English.

on another note : why are CAPTCHAs difficulty suddenly on Hard/Impossible Mode ?
failed_captchas_so_far = 12
>>
The first step is to stop thinking of it as "hacking" and start thinking of it as engineering. Unless you want to be a skid who doesn't know shit. Read the manuals, build tools, study protocols. Skids think they can "hack wifi", engineers know ARP, and by extension how to poison your ARP cache and redirect your traffic. Also realize this takes years to learn and master.
>>
>>53441910
Keep going master enlighten me
>>
>>53441740
>not knowing about kali linux
>>
>>53441939
I'm not a master, but if you really want to become some sort of hacker wizard, you'll need to start by learning how computers work at a fundamental level.

Google "nand to Tetris" and check out "The Elements of Computing Systems" it's a brilliant book that takes you from boolean logic to compilers.
>>
After installing gentoo, what would be the first thing i shoud learn
>>
>>53442023
To uninstall it and install kali
>>
>>53441910
Not OP, but I just did some light reading on ARP poising and Ettercap. Isn't this incredibly easy to do on most wireless home networks? Like, drive around in your car with a laptop and spoof everyones DNS to get their email/bank passwords easy?
>>
>>53442503
In theory, yes, but with the advent of SSL FUCKING EVERYTHING it's less easy
Unless, of course, people are dumb enough to accept the wrong certificate. Which is more likely than you'd think
>>
>>53442503

Thanks

Will you guide me some more ? I have no prior experience in ARP Poisoning and Ettercap. I tried to search online to find some good tutorials on the topic. But What they say goes to top of my head.
>>
>>53441740
G0 download or checkout some CISSP course-ware and start going at it.

If you just want to drop right in : Overthewire.org
>>
File: 2621doi.jpg (132 KB, 766x758) Image search: [Google]
2621doi.jpg
132 KB, 766x758
>>53441758
>>
>>53441740
Get off Jason.
>>
>>53442702
What is this Overthewire.org
>>
literally fuck off
>>
>>53441740
kali linux is a good start
>>
Get the Shellcoder's Handbook and have a crack at io.smashthestack.org. Helped me get my footing.
>>
>>53442789
be friendly pal.
>>
>>53441871
You're just retarded

>click images with grass
>clicks images with grass
>>
just learn to code well, learn about vulnerabilities in code, then start auditing - you'll find an vuln and you'll know how to exploit it, you'll probably write exploit code too, then bam, you're a hacker. start off with webapps, CMS plugins for example, alot of them are plagued with vulnerabiltiies. 0day is what matters to a hacker. oh yeah make sure you jump on linux first, get good at the shell, understand how services work/linux sys admin stuff, log files, etc.

or you can go down the skidroute and download kali linux and learn the tools and act like a badass, if you're a network admin this is a reasonable path to go down, but if you're looking to be a hacker, really, kali linux & pentest tools shouldn't be the first choice.
>>
>>53441740
Cybrary.it free IT security training.
>>
>>53441740
You don't start by learning "how to hack".
If you want to be decent and not just a script monkey using pentest distros you have to learn proper computer security.

Learn about encryption, hashing, signing (maybe even try implementing AES, RSA, MDx, SHA-x in a programming language of your choice).

Then go ahead and learn about communication protocols (HTTP, email-related protocols, FTP, SSH) and maybe configure your own local server and try hacking, then patching security holes.

Last but not least, read some on ethics.

This should help you get started.
There is no easy way with quick results.
>>
>>53443732
thanks
>>
>>53444161
Enjoy
>>
>>53441866
>Also don't donate its run by the FBI
[citation needed]
>>
>>53441866
That website is skiddie level
>>
>>
>>53441740
get a Phd in computer science. Good start for you. Then get 6 years worth of industry experience and build up a vast knowledge of how systems get implemented.

Then start doing pentesting
Then become a hacker
Then get arrested
>>
kek phd thats funny

nah you dont need anything outside of your local library. start with tcp/ip and learn how computers talk to each other.

then get into specific services, test them. the feeling of trying to dance in a body cast at that point will lead you to linux.

the desire to code will come naturally and youll seek it out once you have an idea you want to test but cant find something prewritten for it. or you may steal another piece of code and modify it as your own, learning in the process.

things were different was i was into it. dangerous now-a-days. every fucking thing is an act of terrorism because some 14 year old kid in his basement is screwing around on his computer.
>>
>>53441740
>Post a picture of the best introductory hacking textbook.
>Bruh, how do I hack?
The first few pages of the Jon Erickson book really expose the hacker mindset. It's about putting discovery and knowledge above all else.

opensecuritytraining.info is a great place for free courses, especially in malware analysis and x86 assembly. It will of course also help to have an understanding of computer architecture and organization. Look at the nand to tetris course to acquire this knowledge. Also, start learning how to do stuff on linux systems. I mean really do stuff, not just watching a youtube video on how to install arch.
>>
>>53444729
>dangerous
It's only dangerous if you do malicious stuff on purpose, then you have to be man enough to face consequences for your act.
Age doesn't matter if they are doing something malicious they know damn well what they are doing.
>>
>>53444732
I have programmed in many high level languages, but don't have much knowledge about computer architecture and organization. pls share some resources to learn these.
>>
>>53441871
You failed the turing test. Kek
>>
>>53444635
So essentially a good hacker must be able to do everything.
>>
>>53441740
Start here:
http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Computer_Science_and_Engineering#Reverse_Engineering_and_Malware_Analysis
>>
File: face.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
face.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>53442292
>>
while i was at college, it had a free wifi that students could use. If you're trying to ruin some strangers life or something, get a laptop, install Cain and Abel and just sniff the network for people logging in and shit. I managed to get into a chicks facebook, email and imstagram. Found nudes on her sentbox in her email. They were decent but nothing special. Being the nice guy i was i just sent her an email off of emkei.cz and made it look like it came from someone else and get rid of her fucking pictures in her sentbox and change all her passwords
>>
File: 14560986858880.jpg (109 KB, 1000x1414) Image search: [Google]
14560986858880.jpg
109 KB, 1000x1414
>>53441871
not using legacy captcha
>>
On a serious note, I've been using this Social Engineering toolkit included with GTrack and the phishing websites are from like 2010, aint nobody's gonna login to that shit. Anyone know of any more updated ones?

I'm not some douchey cracker faggot, I just want to land a job in pentesting someday.
>>
File: hack2.jpg (156 KB, 798x601) Image search: [Google]
hack2.jpg
156 KB, 798x601
Learn these in order:
>x86 cpu architecture
>Bitwise operations
>x86 assembly
>Encodings
>Networking, protocols
>Metasploits

The first goal is to be able to disassembly a lot of shit and understand what's happening on the lowest level.
If you can do that, things from there should be cakewalk.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.