[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What type of digital signal is this, also /g/enral radio thr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
What type of digital signal is this, also /g/enral radio thread.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s08wohf7xE9g
>>
>>53441318
no idea
>>
if i shitpost anime will people respond
>>
>>53441318
I can't make anything out from the audio.
Looking at the waterfall though, there seems to be a PSK31 transmission happening at 463.15MHz. Is that what you're trying to pick up?
>>
>>53442476
Yeah, it is.
>>
What's a recommended sdr kit?
>>
>>53442579
I'm using an RTL-SDR dongle, its only like 10$ on ebay and it gets the job done with a frequency range of 24 - 1766 mhz, and you can get upgrades and HF upconverters.

But I've heard of things like the HackRF that can also transmit as well as receive and are better overall. But I don't own one of those cause they cost like 300$.
>>
>>53442522
I'm having trouble working out what's going on in your screenshot. But if I'm reading it right, you're just tuned a little low. Try setting your radio so that the transmission is in the middle of the band you're listening too.
>>
>>53442476
I tried digipan to see if I could decode it but all I got was this garbage.

>>53442649
I think I'm tuned alright now, but the transmissions the same, albeit a little louder.
>>
File: Capture.png (117 KB, 620x289) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
117 KB, 620x289
>>53442765
>>53442476
forgot pic.
>>
>>53442635
Any recommended brands?
>>
>>53442780
That's not PSK31. Are you tuned to the 426.55MHz signal or the 463.15MHz signal?

Also, maybe I should get one of those RTL-SDRs.
>>
>>53442821
Well for RTL-SDR units, its basically just a bunch of no name Chinese brands who are all selling the same thing, maybe in a different color, but the same thing.

This is the one I own, http://www.ebay.ca/itm/381393084330?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

>>53442857
I'm tuned to 463.159 550 MHz on USB, and yeah go for it, they're only like 10$ and are pretty good for what they are. They also apparently can receive DVB-T and DAB TV signals, but I haven't tested that out yet.
>>
>>53441318
The signal is DRM, you can decode it using DSDPLUS. Basically its just a protocol for voice. Also check out www.sigidwiki.com has some useful information.
>>
>>53443269
I tried dsdplus, it didn't output anything from the direct input and the wav file that I put on vocaroo it didn't detect anything in.
>>
>>53441318
Might be a trunking control channel of some kind - pretty common around that band:
http://www.kb9ukd.com/digital/motorola2.wav

Search the radioreference db for trunking systems / callsigns in your area that operate on 463MHz.
>>
Where do I get started if I want to do this myself?
What gear do I need?
>yuropoor, in case of making suggestions of where to buy
>>
File: $_3.jpg (30 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
$_3.jpg
30 KB, 800x800
>>53444277
I can't find anything on the internet about the frequency, but that does sound a lot like the signal I'm getting so you light be right on what it is. I'll see about trying to decode it tomorrow.

>>53444344
Well a good place to get started would be to look at some YouTube channels like k7age, its a great way to learn about radio.

The equipment is fairly cheap, for a starter setup at least. What I'm running right now is one of these little RTL-SDR dongles. Minus the cost of the laptop its plugged into it cost me 10$, but if you want better reception or the ability to transmit you're gonna want to get something like a HackRF or a dedicated desktop radio and high gain roof mounted antenna. But for beginners an RTL-SDR is more than enough. Other than that you just need something to plug it into, and an SDR program, I personally use GQRX.

I'd recommend playing with websdr for a while to get a feel for this before investing anything though.

You can buy RTL-SDR dongles off of eBay for dirt cheap, and if you google HackRF there's several places you can buy combo kits with everything you need to set them up. As for more dedicated desktop radio and roof mounted antennas they can run hundreds of dollars so really only go for them if you're sure you're into this, but if you are and have the cash they offer unparalleled quality and features. You kinda have to search around for the components to get a setup like that though.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.