[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/. I'm trying to upgrade my computers RAM but it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Hey /g/.

I'm trying to upgrade my computers RAM but it keeps beeping when I try to turn it on and it stays at a black screen. I just bought these new RAM slots so I'm not sure what the issue is. Any idea?
>>
Might not be optimized for your system
>>
call geeksquad
>>
>>53440988
That's what I'm starting to think. The mother fucker at Fry's that sold me it must not have had a fucking clue what the right RAM was.
>>
OP here. I double checked and they appear to be right for my system. Could I be putting them in wrong?
>>
>>53441102
http://www.4allmemory.com
>>
>>53440968
Macs are very particular about the RAM they take.

Dont be surprised if you have to try a few different sticks to get it right.
>>
RAM itself might be incorrect. Apple RAM isn't the same as PC RAM (although it will work in most cases in either system).

Either that, or the RAM itself is just shitty. I've gotten new RAM before and it worked for all of five minutes and started causing bluescreens. Doing a test confirmed it was shit.

Try using a different stick. If it keeps doing it, then just get a different type.
>>
>>53440968
Put the old RAM in and go to About This Mac under the Apple menu.
There's a tab marked Memory.
On that tab is a link to Memory Upgrade Instructions.
Probably would have saved you posting your ignorance on /g/.
>>
>>53441316
Looks like the MHz is the problem. My mac takes 1600MHz and the idiot sold me 1066MHz.

Not my ignorance. The minimum wage buffoon at Fry's ignorance. I'm never taking the people that work at those places seriously ever again.
>>
>>53441639
>1066MHz
holy shit
not even the cheapest acer shitbooks use that, every one of them runs 1600 nowadays

did you literally go to the counter and said
>uhh i need some RAM or something
because you had no idea what to get and didn't do any research?
>>
>>53441008
> The mother fucker at Fry's that sold me it must not have had a fucking clue
That makes two of you then. Fuck off to /wsr/ this isn't tech support.
>>
File: oh you.jpg (30 KB, 576x452) Image search: [Google]
oh you.jpg
30 KB, 576x452
>>53441280
>>
>>53440968
I tried this 2 days ago with my sister's Macbook. When my old laptops RAM didn't work, I put the original RAM back in and it also wouldn't boot. It ended up being because I put them in in a different order than they were before, despite being ostensibly the same stick. When you're working with Apple garbage, lower your expectations to below zero and you might be okay.
>>
>>53440968
yup, see your problem? you need a black ram, must match pcp color of motherboard fucker
>>
>>53440968
what's the cpu/chipset, what's the ram-module?
>>
File: 1453306132098.jpg (160 KB, 760x430) Image search: [Google]
1453306132098.jpg
160 KB, 760x430
>>53440968
>Actually buying Apple
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.