[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to install Gentoo on my ThinkPad T510 and the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160311_180708601.jpg (3 MB, 5344x3006) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160311_180708601.jpg
3 MB, 5344x3006
I'm trying to install Gentoo on my ThinkPad T510 and the damn installer just freezes on a black screen with a blinking cursor after I select the key map. It's been how many years, and you neckbeards still can't make an installer that works?! GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!
>>
>>53437375
How can I install Gentoo, if the installer won't even boot?
>>
>>>/wsr/

Also if you can't figure this out on your own you're too dumb for gentoo so go back to /v/
>>
>>53437375
gentoo is a meme distro, not even it's creator uses it.

Get Ubuntu MATE or GNOME.
>>
>>53437804
Or if you want something arch based, try antergos or manjaro. I recommend antergos.
>>
>>53437375
>>>/r/gentoo
>>
check if you got the amd64 installer
>>
>>53437375
Your too low IQ for gentoo. Hell you are too low to even read simple instructions on a bloody wiki. Comitt sudoku
>>
>>53437375
Disconnect every thing except your Gentoo boot.
>>
OP BTFO
>>
>>53437818

why antergos over manjaro?
>>
>installer
epic
>>
>>53439525
Because it is not manjaro
>>
>>53437375
Why are you attempting to install gentoo if you are this stupid
>choose to install something known for it's lack of user friendliness
>come crying to 4chan when encountering the first problem
>>
>>53437818
Neither of those are very good, especially considering the nature of the devs (they're a serious mess), better to stick with vanilla Arch or just use an install script, there are some good nonoffical ones out there.
>>
>>53439798
He's trolling, there is no gentoo installer. You chroot and extract the tarball.
>>
>>53437375
Why are you lying?
>>
>>53439765

ok cool that answers nothing
>>
>>53439882
>I missed the point
>>
File: djR5D.jpg (303 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
djR5D.jpg
303 KB, 1600x1200
>>53437818
>>53439810
>Arch
>install script
>good nonofficial install script
>Arch
>ARCH
>>
>>53439938
I meant what I said. As far as I know Manjaro and Antergos are unsupported configurations and if you run into a problem that requires forum help (and can't fix using the wiki), you would have to go to those respective forums, which are a mess. They are also a mess on their own respective ways.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.