[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can the FBI Acess the Microphone and Camera on Your Phone if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 3000.jpg (78 KB, 1240x744) Image search: [Google]
3000.jpg
78 KB, 1240x744
Thread title. given that apple has said the FBI are going to start spying on people 1984 style here, http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/mar/10/apple-fbi-could-force-us-to-turn-on-iphone-cameras-microphones

Theres literally nothing they can do assuming your phone is off correct? Can they remotely turn it on somehow?
>>
Take the battery out
Oh wait its apple
>>
>>53434570
I'm pretty damn sure they can do anything they want at this point.
>>
>>53434587
yeah people have been doing this since the 90's, when did everyone seem to forget the spies have always been tapping landline and cell phones constantly
>>
>>53434645
im asking if it will still work if you turn the phone off. Like will shutting it off completely stop all of its functions?
>>
I ask people to put phones in the fridge while we have NDA meetings.

It's like a huge sound insulated faraday cage. No signal leaking in and out, and even if it somehow does, no video/sound is recorded because they are deaf and blind inside.
>>
>>53434570
This doesn't seem possible considering how much battery it would use but everyone on /g/ says they do so I don't know
>>
>>53434664
no even windows computers and tablets with intel sync to the net while fully powered off now as long as there is a source of electricity
http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/intel-ready-mode-technology-brief.pdf
>>
>>53434570
Phones only pretend to be off when they're "off"
There are still emergency systems running that use ridiculously little power that can be used to remotely dump storage, enable peripherals, or turn the phone fully on. These functions are usually built in to the modem chip.
>>
File: Jew Barely Visible.jpg (632 B, 106x126) Image search: [Google]
Jew Barely Visible.jpg
632 B, 106x126
>>53434570
I wonder why this thread isn't getting many replies
>>
>>53435082
people are not interested in talking about technology on /g/, just marketing and social programming with occasional desktop threads
>>
>>53435082
me too. i dont browse /g/ ever but i had this question after reading about it on reddit and figured this would be a good place to ask. I guess /g/ is just as bad as /v/ and /pol/ and i might as well ask reddit
>>
>>53435174
why ask anything

lurking is underrated
>>
>>53435082

Because /g/ still obsessed with guts, wallpaper, battlestations and smartphones threads
>>
i'll just put a piece of tape over my cameras or a sticker
no one calls me anyway outside of work related bullshit
>>
File: trustme_creepy salesman.jpg (6 KB, 208x173) Image search: [Google]
trustme_creepy salesman.jpg
6 KB, 208x173
>>53435143
So /g/oys, ready to buy a Sansa Clip, invest in a MacBook and buy those Xaoimi Pistons yet? Everyone is doing it! Don't forget to view all the latest Samsung threads.
>>
File: wordfilter.jpg (25 KB, 383x199) Image search: [Google]
wordfilter.jpg
25 KB, 383x199
>>53435143

You need this filter
>>
>>53435332

whats that?
>>
>>53435207
>tfw you lurked from your freshman year of high school to your sophomore year of college
>tfw the second post you made got quads
Felt pretty baller man
>>
>>53435392
It's a passive-aggressive WindowsCuck or MacFag filtering Linux threads.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.