[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I have a problem with my CPU recently I changed my GPU,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
I think I have a problem with my CPU

recently I changed my GPU, and after a shit ton of problems (due to the fact that I suck shit at computers), I had to reset the BIOS. Thing is, now, my boot up is very long (the first screen of American Megatrends takes like 2 minutes to go away), and I have CPU activity spikes during gaming sessions that make my games stutter very slightly when shit is happening.

Thing is, due to the boot up being very long, I can't access my BIOS for some reason, even though I'm pressing the right key, so I can't see if the settings are on Auto or anything

Sometimes, my core voltage goes from 0.7v to 1.2v, on CPUZ.

I have an Intel i5 3570k @ 3.40Ghz and a Gigabyte Z77-D3H, I'm running on Win7

what can I do ?
>>
A couple of thoughts: That board has a dual bios/uefi. Also a 3d power utility program. I suspect the interaction might causing problems. I would first reset the cmos. Then I would disable that 3d thing. Reset the bios again. Pick uefi if thats compatible with all your equipment. I would turn off all power savings stuff for your cpu in the bios as well. Have you done all this yet?
>>
>>53429616
I haven't, but I already resetted the CMOS when I was mounting the GPU (because I had problems), and I think it started after I did that, so maybe resetting it loaded the default options and activated those power savings things.

But I can't access the BIOS, the American Megatrends screen (that appears when I boot up) takes like two minutes to go away, and when I press delete to enter the BIOS, it just displays a black screen..
>>
>>53429636
when you turn it on, spam that delete key until the speaker starts beeping dawg
>>
>>53429692
That's what I'm doing man, but instead of displaying the BIOS, the screen just stays black, although when I don't press the key, Windows boots up fine
>>
>>53429511
wouldn't have happened if you bought amd.
>>
>>53429636
Unplug your hdd. Try it. Then try to plug it into the no. 1 or no. 0 sata port. Check your fans are working. Take out cmos battery for a bit. If you can get into the bios, switch SATA mode back to AHCI and my PCI ROM to Legacy, see if it works. Can you update your bios directly from w7? Check if there is an update. Have you tried old video card yet?
>>
>>53429758
All of this didn't happen with my old GPU, that's all I know, but yeah, I'll try all this a bit later, see if it'll work
>>
>>53429511
Install gentoo
>>
File: 1447509377243.jpg (50 KB, 700x504) Image search: [Google]
1447509377243.jpg
50 KB, 700x504
>>53429775
>>
>>53429772
Try a different monitor or tv. It's weird, but might work. Also: try a ps2 keyboard if you have one instead of usb.
>>
File: 7287_big.jpg (225 KB, 1000x751) Image search: [Google]
7287_big.jpg
225 KB, 1000x751
your mobo has onboard gfx, plug your monitor into the onboard outlet to view your bios
>>
>>53429511
When is the last time you updated your bios? Might be a fix in a update.
>>
>>53429849
I never updated my BIOS, I don't know how to do that, really, I'm still on the F14 version, it seems
>>
>>53429860
wow.
go to
http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/Utility.aspx?cg=2

Scroll down to find the GIGABYTE Firmware Update Utility, if you don't have it somewhere already. Update it.
>>
>>53429957
i should have stated @bios
>>
>>53429957
Alright, I'm going to try that
>>
>>53430028
There is also some utuility like qflash or something you should look into. I think you might have to find the current revision, download the file, extract it, move to a usb drive, boot using f12, and it should update it. I can't believe gigabyte dosn't have some form of utility software bundled in with the motherboard. Look around at your utilities software that came with it or available from giga.
>>
>>53430078
Look into your update manager software for a bios option or something
>>
Alright, new problem: I'm fucked

I tried to boot on my motherboard graphics, to access the BIOS, but the screen wouldn't display anything, so I tried resetting the BIOS by pulling the battery out for a few seconds and then putting it back in. The integrated chipset would still not display anything, so I went back to my GPU, and now Windows doesn't even want to boot, I'm just left with a black screen after the "American Megatrends" screen (that still takes like 2 minutes to go away)

I think I'll have to call someone on that one, I can't do shit
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.