[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he uses Windows or Linux Why aren't you using OS X
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: LMFAO.png (475 KB, 848x619) Image search: [Google]
LMFAO.png
475 KB, 848x619
>he uses Windows or Linux

Why aren't you using OS X El Capitán?
>>
>>53429404
Because I'm straight
>>
>>53429404
ugly culture demon needs his throat slit. this is ur final warning before i put a binding on you. post this disgusting piece of shit again and i'll adjust your fate, bigtime.
>>
>>53429412
What do you mean by this?
>>
Because Apple makes me pay for a developer license just to install packages that aren't in the app store.

No other operating system in the world does this. Red Star OS doesn't do this.

OS X is literally less free than North Korea's OS.
>>
>>53429435
>Because Apple makes me pay for a developer license just to install packages that aren't in the app store.

Stop lying, you can install whatever you want in your OS X machine without a developer account.
>>
>>53429454
No you can't. You can run install.sh and whatever, but you can't install an actual package without a developer account. Try it out for yourself.
>>
>>53429420
that he doesn't like sucking cock.
>>
>>53429471
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>53429477
That he is straight
>>
>>53429418
I can't stand that satanic piece of shit either, but the ferocity with which you attack the shitposting OP is disproportionate to his crime. But who am I to judge? Keep on fighting the good fight.

Sage for off topic post in a shit thread.
>>
I am and honestly, I'm not too happy with the performance.

Tell me, does manually trying to change how the system detects my GPU to show the right model (pic related, shows 7xxx, it's a 280x) do anything other than just show a different name?
>>
>>53429542
Probably not. What else would it change? The driver can tell what your GPU model is, and that's really what matters.

Hackintosh, right?
>>
>>53429560
Yep

The issue is that even some UI elements are kind of slow. I'm not sure why. However when it comes to watching any videos it seems fine with any possible preset on mpv. I'm also using an hDPI resolution and it's making no real difference. The issue comes with games which are native to it, where even shit that I used to play years ago on a much shittier hardware on linux is really, really slow. Chrome scrolling slows the fuck down like it has a hard time loading thumbnails or something.

I mean I love this system, it's just I kinda wish it ran smooth.
>>
File: Program Manager.png (34 KB, 490x428) Image search: [Google]
Program Manager.png
34 KB, 490x428
>>53429404

Femanon here. Using the master race OS. Refrain from speaking with me if you're using some gay os like the one in OP.
>>
>>53429601
So basically UI stuff that probably uses some OS X graphical library is slow, and stuff that use lower-level/OS-agnostic graphical libraries is slower. I still doubt OS X messing up your GPU identification would do that.

>>53429617
>female
>baby duck syndrome, fear of change
Surprise.
>>
>>53429617
Come back when you are using GNU Linux faggot.
>>
>>53429639
Yeah I guess I just wanted to try something to improve the situation. I guess my hardware doesn't cut it.
>>
>>53429488
wanna know what's not straight?

iphone
>>
File: 1442692659567.jpg (77 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1442692659567.jpg
77 KB, 500x500
>>53429639
>fear of change
>>
>>53429617
No-one cares. Install CD in pooper.
>>
>>53429404
but I am
>>
>>53429469
this is simply false :)
>>
>>53429404
Because it's slow. Even win10 is faster than this shit.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.