[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello there /g/ Nexus 6P or Blackberry Priv? My 2 year contract
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 1100x696) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 1100x696
Hello there /g/

Nexus 6P or Blackberry Priv?

My 2 year contract is ending soon and I'm switching to from an iPhone to Android phone (iOS 9 fucked it up). The Nexus 6P has a slightly larger display and battery, also little to no bloatware. The Priv has a slide out keyboard (plus on screen as well) and a much better camera. It also offers many security features that the Nexus does not.

Please help me decide.
>>
The priv is awesome if you want a keyboard, but keep in mind it's a slider, so after a while you'll get the typical slider wear and tear with the screen clicking against the keyboard. 6p is really good too. Monthly security updates forward years as well as updated OS
>>
>>53428997
>iOS 9 fucked it up
how?
>>
>>53429121
Ugly animations, stupid breadcrumbs feature, automatically turns on location services without asking, and will no longer sync photos over USB with a third party tool.
>>
>>53429141
isn't Android even worse in those aspects?
>>
>>53429288
diff anon here. Animations on Android are meh. I dunno about breadcrumbs, seems like a per-app kinda deal; devs should find better app workflows if users don't like breadcrumbs. Android doesn't turn on location automatically but anything that uses notifications will pester you to do so. I don't think there's a native photo sync? I dunno I use btsync
>>
If you can find a store where you try out the Priv, do it, see if you like the keyboard, and see if applications start and switch fast enough. A review of the Priv said the application loading was a little slow.

I have a 6P, it's pretty good. The only "bloat" is google play games, google play music, something else, but they can all be disabled. Finger print scanner and encryption neat features.
>>
>>53429288
You can change them.
>>
>>53429394
I don't use fingerprint sensors and any good quality device these days will offer encryption.
>>
>>53429513
Then the 6P is a high end phone like any other
>>
>>53429635
I agree. That's why I'm thinking about buying it. USB type c is also the future of charging and data transfer cables.
>>
pretty sure 6p has a better camera, it's one of the best in 2015
>>
>>53429783
Nexus has a 12 megapixel camera with no optical image stabilization. The Priv has an 18 MP camera with OIS. Don't talk about things you don't know about.
>>
Does the Priv respect that the owner actually owns the device? Will it let you do what you want with it without asking Blackberry for permission first?

Personally I could never find myself buying a phone that doesn't respect its owner if I had an alternative. That's just me, of course, but worth mentioning in case you sympathise.

Other than that, Nexus phones tend to offer better longterm satisfaction.
>>
>>53430100
It runs android. Of course, the security would be weakened if you did decide to do something like root it. You'd also void your warranty. All I know it that it works a bit like an iPhone, in that it checks the integrity of the OS every time it boots. That's something I really like. Can you customize it? Yes. Can you have complete control over every little thing? No.
>>
if you chose between an X and nexus 6p go get the X
dont get me wrong nexus phones are great except for the 6p
>>
Just get HTC 10 or LG 5
>>
nigger are you serious? Priv doesn't even compare to the 6P
>>
>>53428997
>Blackberry Privy
>Blackberry Toilet
>>
>>53432137
6p owner here, I only use this phone cause I can't afford a priv.
>>
>>53433178
6P owner here as well. Priv is almost 20% the markup because the selling point is Android with a BB backend. Unless you like mechanical keyboards, Priv isn't worth it. Battery is shit.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.