[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats the best ide for python and why? it also has to be free.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: cfg.jpg (22 KB, 850x505) Image search: [Google]
cfg.jpg
22 KB, 850x505
whats the best ide for python and why? it also has to be free.
>>
pycharm

because its good i dunno fuck off
>>
pycharm
>>
>>53423354
Netbeans or Eclipse
\thread
>>
>>53423372
pycharm is a commercial product. The free community version lacks a lot of features.
>>53423375
>>
>>53423381
>/threading your own shitpost
>>
>>53423354

Visual Studio
>>
emacs
>>
>>53423354
Acme
>>
vim

or spacemacs
>>
>>53423354
Visual Studio, Pycharm or Spyder
>>
Geany. Geany is the best for any language. Highly recommend it.
>>
IDEs are stupid. Most are restricted to one language, so you have to switch IDE's if you need to use another language. I have projects that are a combination of python, C, C++, and Java. What am I going to do, run pycharm, visual studio, and eclipse all at the same time? Or you can install stupid shitty plugins that don't integrate well and then click through a bunch of menus to do everything. Lame. And the best IDE's are all proprietary.
>>
>>53423543
Enjoy coding like à dumb dumb.
>>
emacs
>>
File: jgrasp-logo.jpg (19 KB, 427x211) Image search: [Google]
jgrasp-logo.jpg
19 KB, 427x211
jGRASP
>>
>>53423354

i'm just learning python, only a few lessons in on LPTHW.

I thought IDE / IDLEs are bad / lead to laziness and mistakes in the long run.
>>
I use emacs and it's great. Integrated REPL, a good editor and documentation lookup is all I really need.
Just use spacemacs with the python layer if you don't want to configure everything yourself.
>>
There is no better 'IDE' than vim.
If you argue otherwise, you're most likely the type of "programmer" you see in image memes mocking code skill.
>>
>>53425968
Vim is the best editor, but trying to cram a full environment into it is folly. That's what Emacs is for.
>>
>>53423354
Ninja-IDE
>>
>>53423354
>free
>good
Pick one.
>>
>>53423354
>python
>ide
kill yourself my man
>>
Spacemacs, bruv.
>>
>>53423354
>python
shiggy
>IDE
shiggy

real niggas are writing C in emacs
>>
>>53426804
That's a pretty VIP-quality meme, pal
>>
File: thinkpad_crash.png (46 KB, 1014x557) Image search: [Google]
thinkpad_crash.png
46 KB, 1014x557
I just use notepad++ and powershell to run and debug. Am I missing out on much?
>>
>>53423381
Both are cancer.

Pycharm(community version is more than fine) or a text editor
>>
>>53426556
What is neovim?
>>
>>53427543
This.
>>
>>53423442
This. VS15 is free, and Microsoft actually has a great IDE. Only problem is it's windows.
>>
>>53429745
it also has terrible performance. I was at a constant 20-30% CPU usage with just the plugin enabled, not even debugging anything.
>>
pycharm, free and good enough for learn the hard way

buy it if you want to use the database shit, and you will.
>>
>>53423410
>The free community version lacks a lot of features.

If by a lot you mean "web shit". PyCharm Community is way more than enough and certainly better than all others.
>>
File: saintignucius.jpg (97 KB, 709x980) Image search: [Google]
saintignucius.jpg
97 KB, 709x980
>>53423453
>>
Give me one reason to use and IDE with python
>>
>>53427563
>C
>emacs

go kill urself
>>
Microsoft word
>>
>>53423543
>use editor
>install autocomplete plugin
>it's shit. only completes words that are in the buffers
>install smart/intelligent auto completing plugin
>have to install additional plugins or third party standalone software for every language i want the feature to work
>editor + plugins + related background programs use as much memory as a Java IDE but still not as good as IDEs
i grew out of vim after using it for about 8 years. I found emacs to be much more powerful but it never felt comfortable even with evil mode, so I went to IDEs and have been happy for the last 9 months.
>>
Komodo edit
>>
>>53423543
I don't mind having different ide's, most support me using the same editor in all of them.

I mostly write in C++, VHDL and Latex.
Yes. I have an IDE for latex as well. (Or Integrated Latex Environment if you will)

I like it.
I have hotkeys that are specific for the language in all of them, I can easily find my files as the recent projects are not overshadowed by the number of files I have to edit with my editor.

The only retarded thing about IDE's is when they integrate a window manager into it so you have 10 windows tiled on the screen and you can't see any of them.
>>
Most top-tier hackers use IDEs like geany, netbeans, xcode, pycharm, emacs, or more basic editors like microemacs, actual fucking UNIX vi untouched by bram "ifdef" moolenar, gedit, acme, and notepad++. The list of famous and accomplished users of such things is hard to fit into one post - or remember at all. If someone is really good at doing something more siginificant than making web pages, they'll probably fall into this paragraph.

Vim, atom, shitty emacs preconfigs like spacemacs, and ST are mostly used by ricer and webdev tryhards who like to describe everything written in a scripting langauge as "hackable" and give shit abstract rocketship/atom logos and end names in -ly or .io (or worse, give them sciencey-sounding names like "electron") so you should avoid those and save yourself some wasted time.
>>
>>53423354
I use mspaint
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.