[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lads I have to go to China for fucking 5 months and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: ASUS ROG 752.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ASUS ROG 752.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
Lads I have to go to China for fucking 5 months and I'm gonna buy a gaming laptop so I don't want to kill myself while I'm there. I'm willing to spend around 3200 CAD on it and I'm currently looking at are

>ROG G752 VY-DH2 with GTX 980M Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) 32 GB Memory 1 TB HDD 256 GB SSD

or

>MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G-219 with GTX 980M Intel Core i7 6820HK (2.70 GHz) 16 GB Memory 1 TB HDD 128 GB SSD

or is there something else you guys recommend?

I'm planning to installing windows 7 over what ever its coming with so I can play obscure japenese hentai games

>inb4 gaming laptop :^)
>>
>>53422428
>go to China
>gayme
I wouldn't expect less from a degenerate gaymur fag.
/g/ is not a personal shopping service.
>>
why are the most obnoxious gamertard bloggers always canadian

>>>/wsr/
>>
>china
>gaming laptop
hello friend your fan wont last a day and will overheat in less than a week
>>
>>53422541
Least, OP can get parts there
>>
Gaming laptops overheat and are overpriced for what you get. Get a business laptop if you were going to do this. Thinkpad, precision, elitebook. You can find used ones on ebay for 30% of what they were new for just two year old models and ask to remove battery, drives, put them in yourself and get whatever you want with new consumables.

>obscure japanese hentai games
You won't use 1/10th of what the laptop has to offer for this, gaming laptops are for thinking you can play high end commercial games on the highest settings for 15 minutes and only for 4 months until the battery dies and you just forget about the whole thing anyway
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>gaming laptop :^)
>>
>>53422428
Just get something with a 768p screen and gt 940m 4gb, save the money.

You only really notice the shitty resolution is you're reading a lot of fine text, I've been fine on my hd 7670m laptop with a 720p screen. Handles gta v and battlefield 4 just fine on low, and the gt 940m will be so much faster.
>>
>>53422428
the air will kill you anyway.
>>
>not buying a laptop in China
are you fucking retarded? you can get top chinese brands there for super cheap, better quality than the garbage consumer shit you buy at stores in Canada

there are tons of garbage chinese electronics but the top end has really opened up in the last five years and you can get some good shit if you know what to look for
>>
>>53422428
>I'm going to visit a completely different culture
>I'll sit in my room playing computer games
Do yourself a favour and buy the cheapest, shittiest laptop you can. Something just barely able to store the pictures you take and google the things you need.
>>
>windows 7
>japanese eroge
enjoy reading error messages in japanese
most japanese software won't run on anything newer than XP, people still use windows 2000 over there
>>
File: speccy.jpg (57 KB, 569x460) Image search: [Google]
speccy.jpg
57 KB, 569x460
If you need the portability of a laptop and graphics processing power of a gpu but don't need both at the same time, then how about pic related?
>>
Just get this http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B015PYYDMQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1457668981&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=gaming+laptop
>>
Get an Alienware
>>
Get something in China

It's probably cheaper because everything is manufactured there.
>>
Take it from someone who lived in China don't waste your 5 months playing video games in your laptop instead go try out the small little places around here going. Where are you going to be living I can give you a bunch of tips?
>>
china is fun, maybe try not playing vidya the whole time

hell, you might even get laid
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.