[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worst computer you've ever bought and why. GO!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 1325288886205[1].gif (20 KB, 455x364) Image search: [Google]
1325288886205[1].gif
20 KB, 455x364
Worst computer you've ever bought and why. GO!
>>
>>53422311
Intel d2500 micro atx ecs board.

I wanted an energy efficient alternative to shitpost from since my gaming pc guzzled more power than op does cum and it was only $15 roodollars
>>
Toshiba satellite radius. Hinge and magnet problems. Don't even get me started with the driver problems. I almost killed myself
>>
>>53422311
Dell Inspiron 15

The right hinge broke within 6 months. The same thing happened with a previous Inspiron model I have, but it lasted a lot longer. Dell's consumer line is a fucking joke.
>>
>>53422473
that's strange. I've had two inspirons. One went out a long time ago. Maybe a driver issue, but the other is still chugging along. Atom processors are awful at doing anything useful.
>>
>>53422515
Which model is the one that still works? I meant to say that NOWADAYS the consumer is a joke, in my experience. Because I also have an Inspiron that I got a while ago that came with Vista, and it still runs. A fresh install of Windows or, even better, a light weight Linux distro, would probably make it like new.
The hinges are wobbly as fuck, but other than that it's a tank.
>>
>>53422636
I had an inspiron that was from 2005 or so and the other one that's still working is a inspiron mini 1012 that used to run windows 7 starter but now is running windows 10 because fuck it
>>
>>53422636
the other one ran windows xp. that was one hell of a workhorse.
>>
>>53422311
Hp laptop with the Radeon 2000 series. Cost me $1200 and it took all my then 14 year old self to afford it.

Killed itself with heat 2 days after warranty expired and I swore to never buy Hp or amd products again.
>>
>>53422705
jesus fuck. Man I'm sorry.
>>
Thinkpad T420. It wasn't terrible, but it would get up to 98 degrees Celsius when compiling stuff. It also had a difficult to clean surface. This was my first and only computer that I bought and didn't piece together. I gave it to a family friend who needed a computer. I will never buy a laptop again.
>>
>>53422776
Holy shit, did you try opening it up to see if it needed cleaning or if the CPU needed repasting?
>>
Probably my arduino. Still haven't made anything with that shit
>>
>>53422311
i've never bought any computer ever.
every computer i've ever had was given to me by friends that were about to throw them out for being shitty.
but this dell inspiron 1410 sucks ass
>>
>>53422776
>98 degrees
yeah, you are the problem here
clean your laptop out for once you fucking disgusting pig
>>
hp pavilion prebuilt from 2006 because amd
>>
>>53422869
I did open it up to see if it was clogged with dust, but I didn't see very much. It was still under warranty and I didn't want to mess up the heat pipes trying to remove the heat sink. It spent most of its days on my desktop connected to an external monitor and keyboard so I had no issues giving it to a family friend who needed a faster computer for their kid. This was my first and only foray into laptops and I can't even imagine owning a miniITX machine. Computers produce loads of heat and need ample space to breathe. If I need more computational power than my phone can provide, I will simply ssh into my desktop.
>>
>>53422311
Dell Poweredge 1950. Loud as hell and weird Linux support. Also guzzles power.
>>
>>53423210
No, Apple had this issue with SandyBridge CPUs as well. I'm sure some 12 year old slave labor child in guangdong thought more thermal paste equals better and globed it on. This is the problem with prebuilts. That's why I will never again buy them.
>>
>>53422311
I bought an Ideapad because I just wanted it to browse or IRC shit
Oh boy
>It comes with windows 10!!
>Boot it
>OS chocking on its own existence
>"No problem, I'll just install a light weight gnu/linux distro"
>Discover why idepads are infamous when it comes to linux
>90% of OSs will fail to install, and if it does, for sure it will be a broken mess
>>
Just bought,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2666990&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

How bad did I fuck up?
>>
>>53423448
not bad, anon. i'm just a new fag, but it should run most games 30 frames I think
>>
>>53422311
Anything by HP
>>
HP Pavilion H9 or something. Had lots of problems upgrading it once I became more interested in computers
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.