[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Penetration testing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 250x202) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 250x202
cyber security and general hacking thread and story time :)

hey guys, i was browsing the internet a couple months ago and came across penetration testing, really interesting stuff, so i was like, " lets get a kali linux copy to hack the school!", so i get the copy and use it in school, so fckn interesting, so much stuff, i was overwhelmed by the amount of stuff, i started with metasploit, tried to exploit BASICALY USING NO FUCKING LHOST OR RHOST OR EVEN A NETWORK ANTENNA FOR PACKET SNIFFING, i just went directly to exploit, of course by now i was like fuck, i knew it wasnt this easy lol, so i read more about it and found out its reeeeeeeeeealy hard, so now i got really into it, bought a few books on pentesting, metasploit and the infamous PHB2 plus a rasberry pi to make a pentest machine, im starting tomorrow with everything, btw to all that think im doing this to hack some stupid facebook or gmail to get nudes or fuck with people in school, your wrong(even tho my intentions in the begining were very clearly stated i changed just by knowing that its not a crime, its a graceful but brute art), i am passionate about it because it looks like a promising area in security exploitation, well any thoughts on the matter, post your initial experiences with code and hacking, i would love to hear it!, and another note: if your gonna talk about booters, DDOS, password cracking tools, please dont even take your worthless time to comment
>>
>>53419940
You talk so much about programming, but you cant talk about hacking because you cant actually do anything. I run a hacked network of computers that I programmed to click on googles ads in my secret website. I even write my own viruses to make people get hacked into my network. I work at home and have a bunch of screens showing me what people on my network are doing on their screens. I can even set it so that i can see the code of their computers. can you guys do any of that? I dont think so. I bet you dont know where all the websites real hackers hang out are either? if you name them, I just might tell them that marshviperX sent you.
>>
>>53419982
Copypasta you cuck.
>>
>>53419982
uh. ok?, first of all i never said i could hack, having ambition to become a pentester is not kowing anything, i asked for help and opinion, im not trying to show off like you are doing, i want to invest ina good thing, if this is the way the community greets me, i dont believe this is for me then
>>
>>53420009
lol, well thanks for pointing that out anon-kun
>>
>>53420070
Welcome, desu-senpai.
>>
well if anyone here has any stories of their initial reactions to give me sweet confort into learning i will be glad
>>
first of all OP you need to know what programming is. Such a simple things like overflows etc and other points that attacker would use as a code execution point is very very important. You are also supposed to code code and code. Then you migh start reverse engineering (you have to know at least basics of ASM), do CTF's, crackmes etc. etc.
>>
>>53420150
interesting, i will look into to that, im still fuzzy on a starting point, since i cant code and learning code is not my strong point, i was thinking starting off with sql injection spoofing and relay server info.
>>
Babbys first venture into skiddieland, lizard squad will be seeing you shortly :^)
>>
>>53419982
hey mr cool hacker how much you make off google ads xD
>>
How can I take you seriously ?

Do you know anything about a networki g?

Let's make a test

Answer this simple question

Do you know why sometimes when you are conected to your network and have an assigned ip, there is no internet access?

If you cant answer that just go somewhere else like

> this link for winners yahoo.answers.com
>>
lol guise i run kali linux bcuz like nuff said right xD xDDDD
>>
>>53419982
Please sweet Jesus may you be a troll. If I knew people like me actually acted like this I think i would die...
>>
>>53419940
You seem like a total newbie but your head's in the right space.

Definitely learn to code, shell scripting is going to eventually be important, but you should have a high level language under your belt as well.

Learning SQL injection is kinda pointless unless you know both PHP and SQL, and that's mostly for going after shitty websites that don't sanitize. I know it's the first thing hackthissite teaches you, but that's because they're focused on breaking into websites and it's probably not the ideal thing to learn right now.

There's a reason you're told to look at things like OWASP -- an up-to-date and well-configured box is going to be basically secure, but most sysadmins aren't that competent to keep everything in that state. Look at the security exploits that are published, implement them with your programming knowledge, and pray that your target hasn't installed the latest patch which fixes the problem. When you get really, really good at operating systems and reverse engineering, then you can start to develop your own exploits. These are the famous "zero-days", and if you're good at it you can make some pretty nice $$ even as a white-hat.

Don't do it because it's cool, do it because you like to tinker with programs and see what havoc you can cause by telling them to do things they were never intended to do.

Godspeed.
>>
>>53420009
Don't ever fucking reply to me again unless you are contributing to the thread.
>>
>>53420009
>>53420047
>>53420256
>>53420299
>>53420413
Don't ever fucking reply to me again unless you are contributing to the thread.
>>
>>53420503
Marshviperx, is a well-known hacker. He is best known for creating a huge list of accounts (around 500,000 players) that he supposedly was going to hack on New Year's Eve of 2009. Many people called this list, the " hacker list." No one was ever hacked and this was only a hoax.
>>
>>53420528
http://springfieldpc.dyndns.org/gcopypasta/108-general/536-marshviperx-sent-you
>>
>>53420528
>>53420256
>>53420047
Neo-/g/ doesn't know marshviper..
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.