[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ I built a PC today, and it all went smoothly until I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 1432468300687.jpg (371 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
1432468300687.jpg
371 KB, 1280x1920
Hey /g/ I built a PC today, and it all went smoothly until I was trying to install an OS, a prompt told me to reboot pc with an OS disc or something along the lines of that, so I put the disc in and turned off my PC, after turning it back on, there's now no image showing up... Did I fuck up?
>>
Or rather, how can I fix this?
>>
File: 1456360610836.jpg (36 KB, 511x509) Image search: [Google]
1456360610836.jpg
36 KB, 511x509
>>53419100
well, if you built it, and you were installing an os which failed, you have nothing to fuck up, do you?
no idea what the problem is but properly burn a fucking .iso to a flash or dvd and select your boot devices properly through the bios.
a more in-depth description would also help if you've done the above.
>>
>>53419254
I have a windows 10 disc, the only problem is that I can't see anything on my monitor
>>
>>53419340
>can't see anything on my monitor
try another input?
use cmos jumper?
>>
>>53419379
I am new at this, so excuse my stupidity and ignorance, but how do I use a cmos jumper? What is a cmos jumper?
>>
>>53419100

is this a built in disc drive you're using? Or is this one of those usb plug in cd drives?

If its a usb and you're plugging it into a usb 3.0 slot try plugging it into an available usb 2.0 slot
>>
>>53419435
Resets the bois
>>
also another reason this could be happening is your cd is not being booted, real quick go into bios and set the disc as the first boot order
>>
Install gentoo.
>>
>>53419435
that'll reset your bios. there's usually a three pin jumper somewhere near the battery on your motherboard. some mobos will have the jumper pin, some wont. you can google it really easily, about where it is & how it's labeled. i did that when i had no fucking idea what it was, found out in 5 minutes. also, in the case where you don't have the actual jumper, you can use a phillips screwdriver. you can probably google the legitimacy of that also, if you want.
>>
>>53419467
Tried resetting bios, still no image on monitor
>>
>>53419880
as i said, try another input, different cable. make sure monitor is also set to the same source if it's a newer one, i had problems getting mine working as it was set to VGA when i was connecting DVI.
>>
>>53419904
Again, excuse my srupidity, but if I plugged in through hdmi does this still apply?
>>
>>53419951
well, yeah. most monitors have input settings. try looking around for that. also, hdmi could be fucked up so try searching for an old vga cable and try that anyways.
>>
>>53419951
Are you connecting it to your gpu or your motherboard?
>>
>>53419992
I will make sure to try that, for now I'm leaving this thread. Thanks for your help!
>>
hmm Try to rienstall the whole computer. hopefully something isn't fried. or just re plug all cables
>>
>>53419100
Those hands ruined the entire image for me
>>
>>53419100
I love how his shirt outlines his bra.
>>
>>53420382
It was the no tits for me
>>
/r9k/ and /o/ here. Is this the retard tech support thread?

I waded through a lot of shit to finally come up with this for my first pc build

Do your worst /g/

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/y3Y4K8

Hard drive is already picked. Couldn't find it using site tools
>>
>>53423294

I'm sorry i forgot to be more specific. Don't know what i was expecting.

By far the most intensive thing this pc will do is play skyrim at 1080p60 with many sex mods. From there I would just push it graphically as far as possible with textures and the like.
>>
Make sure that the CDROM is set as the main boot priority in your BIOS/ UEFI
>>
File: _87845219_bill.gates.g.jpg (38 KB, 904x508) Image search: [Google]
_87845219_bill.gates.g.jpg
38 KB, 904x508
>>53419100
I don't care what gender that person is, I would have sex with them.
>>
Its hard to believe that Anzu is a turkroach.
>>
>>53420017
Tried it on a normal VGA cable, and it's working now, thank you so much!
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.