[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Even Eric Shmidt uses an iPhone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
Peddle shit, use gold. Androidfags on suicide watch

http://forums.appleinsider.com/discussion/192206
>>
>>53417863
Who
>>
>>53417863
Who?
>>
>>53417863
Plenty of people work at Google and use Apple products. They give Macbook Pros to all the employees. Good luck finding someone who uses Linux or Android at Apple if they aren't doing development for those platforms. You won't survive at Apple if you don't drink the Kool-Aid.
>>
>>53417979
what a confusing post
>>
>>53417979
>You won't survive at Apple if you don't drink the Kool-Aid.
It's called "dogfooding".
If you're not prepared to eat your own dogfood it can't be any good.
From Wikipedia :"Dogfooding can be a way for a company to demonstrate confidence in its own products, and a way to test it in real-world usage. Hence dogfooding can act as both quality control and a kind of testimonial advertising."
>>
>>53417907
>>53417971

>Doesn't know who Eric Shmidt is
>Think's thats an insult to Eric Shmidt instead of themselves

Let me guess, you're proud of being ignorant so I'm guessing you're American?
>>
>>53417863

>The CEO of Audi owns bmw's and mercedes
>The owner of walmart shops at target
>The president of United Airways flies with etihad

Literally who gives a shit, using another product doesn't mean your own is complete shit; its not black and white 0-100
>>
>>53417979
It's more about Microsoft and Google being competitors
>>
>>53420210
If I werked at microshaft in something unrelated wp and had to use that shit I would barf
>>
>>53420210
Dogfooding is for the work day you retard, it means using your own software and products to work on more software or products. It has nothing to do with what the individual employees use in their personal lives.
>>
>>53417863
It's because he doesn't have his head so far up his ass that he can't objectively look at the pros and cons of a phone

Some people think about their decisions
>>
I was at this Google event and Eric walked past me. Fucking huge guy
>>
>>53421179
MS allows for different phones for employees. You get a massive discount on MS products though
>>
>>53421274
You would make so much that it wouldn't matter how much of a discount you got.
>>
Who??
>>
>CEO of one of the largest companies on earth
>too busy making bank to give a fuck about his phone
>>
>>53417863
L O L
O
L
>>
>>53421251
He's a big guy?
>>
>>53417979
>They give Macbook Pros to all the employees.
Only because IBM/Lenovo dropped the ball on Thinkpads
>>
>>53421301
I once asked millionaire Google executive Alan Eustace whether he still looked at price tags on things he bought.

He said that yes, he still comparison shops

(but if he really wanted something right away and wasn't sure of the model, he'd get them all)
>>
>>53417863

I always find it funny how rich people use phone cases, like they could afford to replace that shit no problems.
>>
>>53422544
Well even if they had a replacement readily available and configured, the downtime would be a bother
>>
All this Americans being proud of ignorance.

>>53417979
>They give Macbook Pros to all the employees
That's given, Macbooks are objectively the best laptops and it's not like Google even has an actual work-laptop. Google employees using Apple phones on the other hand ... shows how much they think about their own products.

>53420356
The CEO of Audi might enjoy variation. The owner of walmart might been nearby one and had no time for another store. Etihad are sponsored by petrodollars either way.
Your examples suck.

>>53421274
Because MS is self aware enough that their products are a joke.

>>53422566
This and probably some weird preference for case aesthetics.
>>
http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/11/25/googles-eric-schmidt-teaches-apple-iphone-users-how-to-switch-to-android/#931b3622c98e

Bit old but yeah...
>>
>>53422544
In a world where every phone model looks the same, cases makes you stand out
>>
>>53422544
is that a selfie in an airplane bathroom ?
>>
>>53422107
Let's not forget how Windows blows chunks for developing software that's not Microsoft-centric.

Linux on business/workstation laptops are a reasonable option, except you're not going to be able to do any kind of iOS/OS X development+testing on them.
>>
>>53417979
y tho
Apart from the obvious reasons to nor use apple products, apple treat developers like crap, lets remember the webkit and javascript bull.
Someone will thought that they'll give everyone a windows 7 laptop or some shit.

I know that apple, google and miscrosoft all work with software of the competence tho.
>>
>>53417863
Who?
>>
File: dancing bear.gif (239 KB, 749x578) Image search: [Google]
dancing bear.gif
239 KB, 749x578
>>53417863
Let's remember that we are all casual scum at 90% of things.
We don't buy clothes that /fa/ will recommend.
We don't eat what /ck/ will recommend.
We don't listen what /mu/ will recommend.
People don't consume what a certain portion of people will recommend.

Yes, the information of everything everywhere is available at our hands, but we just don't bother in doing research in everything we buy and consume.
>>
>>53424533
see
>>53424451

when it comes to software development OS X is like Linux except it allows development on more platforms and natively supports the big commercial software packages in addition to a number of excellent mac-only indieware programs

developing anything but Windows software on Windows is like pulling teeth
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.