[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>fanless, light and thin high-end gaming laptop that doesnt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: dujjrf.jpg (182 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dujjrf.jpg
182 KB, 1920x1080
>fanless, light and thin high-end gaming laptop that doesnt become hot and doesnt throttle
>for under $1000
when will such a thing exist?
>>
In 20 years

Fuck off Redditegumin
>>
>>53411238
>gaming laptop who functions as a desktop
Do you want to rape thermodynamics anon?
>>
Never, because it doesn't align with physics

High transistor counts are necessary for processing anything

Transistors cause heat

Heat needs to be dissipated with heatsinks (heavy) and/or fans (loud)

Batteries are also heavy

What you're asking for won't exist until a monumental breakthrough with multiple technologies happen
>>
>>53411238
>fanless
>>>/leepicredditXD/
>>
>>53411238
Why is Megumin such a slut?
>>
>>53411238
> fanless
> gaming
> doesn't throttle
wew lad
>>
>>53411238
>gaming
>laptop
JUST
>>
>>53411238
>water
>not wet
when will such a thing exist?
>>
>>53411272
yea they said the same thing about computers 30 years ago lol

they said "you'll never be able to carry around this thing"

posting from my s7
>>
>>53411274
If you post an anime girl that isn't Maki you should be castrated and thrown from /g/
>>
>>53411261

>Redditegumin

You get fucking cancer you god damn son of a bitch. Megumin is a miracle of the universe and the single best thing to happen to anime in 25 years.

And here you are just jamming "Reddit" in front of her, and I assume anyone's name who you feel becomes a little too popular, like a fucking bitch.

To summarize this post, I hate you.
>>
>>53411238
dumb animeNEET
>>
>>53411295
sure; in another 20 years when we move off of silicon OP's request might be possible
>>
>>53411329
Nice pasta. I'll post it to Reddit for maximum karma.
>>
>>53411238
>fanless
>thin
>light
>gaming
>doesn't get hot
>doesn't throttle
these pretty much all oppose each other, so good luck with that

the only way that'll work is if the workload is significantly lower than what the hardware can do, such as playing much older games
>>
"High end" will always be high heat and need fans, because the company that clocks their shit high enough to need cooling will be faster than those that don't. The high end can always be higher with fans
>>
Never, because laptops with fans will always be more powerfull than fanless thus the dream of high end gaming fanless laptop will never be true.
>>
>what is a modern cellphone
>what is a ps vita
jesus, it's like /g/ is all reatrds still stuck in the 90's carrying around their 10 lb 50 db thinkpads

what op is saying already exists, albeit it's not fully fleshed out. fanless notebooks with i7 skylake processors already exist as well, and they even have very good integrated intel graphic chips.

/thread
>>
>>53411481

Ask yourself are those in anyway high end gaming laptops?

Retard
>>
>>53411500
>albeit it's not fully fleshed out.
you didnt even read my post, did you?
lol

just give it maybe 3-4 years and then we will have them. you can quote me on that
>>
>>53411524

Its not even partially fleshed out dumbfuck. 2 of those things you mentioned arent even laptops and the other is nowhere near a high end gaming laptop.
>>
>>53411481
>>53411524
Except when that happens a company will make a more powerful laptop by using fans so that can clock higher.
>>
>>53411238
Maybe once quantum computing, or biocomputing, or a symbiological mix of the two revolutionizes the industry

>The first step is quantum
>The next is biological
>Next is the bioquantum
>And last is your condensed laptop using this tech with no fan
>>
>>53411238
It will probably have to be something with an external graphics card dock. Maybe the razer blade without a dedicated graphics card for $1000 is what you are looking for.
>>
>>53411238

>gaming
>laptop

I remember when this meme had yet to become reality.
>>
>gaming laptop

Grow up.
>>
Pascal.

Or you could buy that laptop under $600
that comes with a GTX 950.
>>
Yes, one day. It all depends on your definition of 'gaming'. There will probably not any time soon be a gaming laptop that can run games released around the same time.

However, you can play games from 10 years ago with a 12" MacBook, so yes they can exist.
>>
>>53413172

Remember when all you had to worry about were memes being stupid or unfunny? Now they are all turning into reality one way or another.
>>
>>53413205
So the concept of putting a graphics card into a laptop is for children? Fascinating.
>>
>>53411272
>What you're asking for won't exist until a monumental breakthrough with multiple technologies happen

Actually, the thing that's stopping it is games getting more and more demanding.
If desktops were killed (by intel monopoly or something else) then the progressing would be halted and gaming laptops would soon be "viable"
>>
>>53411238
>fanless, light and thin high-end gaming laptop that doesnt become hot and doesnt throttle
>when will such a thing exist?
Never, because it's literally a contradiction. Adding a fan means you can put in a significantly more powerful chip. And if there exist other, significantly more powerful gaming laptops, then your imaginary fanless laptop isn't "high-end".
>>
File: feminismvsmen2016.jpg (19 KB, 320x245) Image search: [Google]
feminismvsmen2016.jpg
19 KB, 320x245
>>53411293
ICE
C
E

DRY STEAM
R
Y

S
T
E
A
M
>>
>>53413284

Why would you need such a laptop for other purposes? If you say work I will slap your shit, why would you want such an unreliable setup to work with graphics? Besides, OP clearly stated "gaming laptop"

Stop being a children and get a proper workstation.
>>
>Buying a 1k gaymen laptop with bad battery life and average performance instead of a $300 laptop with good battery life and a $700 desktop with good performance.

I fell for the gaymen laptop meme 6 years ago. I've since realized my mistake.
>>
>current year
>gaymen laptop

l m a o
m
a
o
>>
>>53413390
I love how my brain works, I just thought of a way to prove you wrong.

Does anyone know a laptop and chip manufacturer that is interested in trying half thought out ideas to dominate the market. (trust me, my half thought out ideas are better then most professional fully developed ones)

Also would the market mind if the weight of a laptop interested by about a pound if they got everything OP listed?
>>
>>53413614
increased by about a pound
Cause you auto correct!
>>
>>53413633
>Cause you auto correct!

Auto correct cuck lmao
>>
>>53411238
>doesn't become hot
kek not until we stop using silicon-based semiconductors
in the meantime there's this right now
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B015XBKY6U
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B015PYYDMQ
>>
File: hue.jpg (79 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
hue.jpg
79 KB, 500x461
>>53411329
>ranting about a picture on a Korean carpet weaving forum.
>>
iPad has some great games OP

They're tailored perfectly to your underage ass.
>>
>>53411238
desktops are already relatively obsolete for day-to-day computer usage

Laptops will reach the same cost-effectiveness as desktops when demands for specs peak as well, then eventually people will only need desktops as workstations.

that's not happening anytime soon especially with VR though. Maybe in several decades when people can also have augmented reality PC through their glasses or something,
>>
>>53411238
not without HBM
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.