[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>legally purchased music via iTunes and Amazon >load onto
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>legally purchased music via iTunes and Amazon
>load onto my Lumia because it's my music player
>Microsoft locks me out of my music "at the request of the copyright holder"

What the fucking shit it this /g/
>>
>>53410903
>>Microsoft locks me out
Microsoft aint done shit here, blame Amazon and Apple. DRM is bad, okay?
>>
>>53410903
"honest sites" sometimes rip media straight from a cracker or other sources and sell it.
I've seen it happen with a gaming platform that literally took a cracker game and reuploaded it without the author's signature
>>
>illegally obtain music
>no problem because no drm
>???
moral of the story: don't buy drm'd music
>>
>>53410933
GoG, lmao.
>>
>>53410918
iTunes doesn't have DRM for music.
>>
>>53410903
Tyrants are controlling your life.
>>
>>53410945
It obviously has some form of something, or else OP wouldn't be having this problem.
>>
>>53410934
iTunes and Amazon don't have a DRM mate. Only Amazon Prime and Apple Music do
>>
>>53410987
if it's not the media that was drm'd, then it's your player

that's really fucking dodgy if your player is doing that
>>
>>53411000
Welcome to Windows 10 Mobile with Groove Music.
>>
>>53410903
Mah keks.
That's what you get for using botnet phone.
M$ has gone ahead of gogle quite a lot lately on this ground...
>>
>>53410903
>purchase music
Never have problem with Windows phone 8-10, and Windows 10 Pc about copyright shits. And all my music is pirated.
So must the problem must be your music senpai
>>
>>53410982
>It obviously has some form of something, or else OP wouldn't be having this problem.

iTunes tracks are just AAC files with metadata. FairPlay is long gone, for most music anyway.
It's Microsoft you should be having a gripe with, they're the ones deleting the tracks from the device.
>>
>>53410903

>Windows Phone

found your problem
>>
>>53410903
Just throw that phone away. Use the one you use to take that pic senpai
>>
download lossless then convert to ogg
>>
>>53411021
>Welcome to Windows 10 Mobile with Groove Music.

Seems like Groove Music is the problem, it may be uploading the music to OneDrive, which Microsoft doesn't have the rights to stream some copyrighted music from.
>>
File: COLD STEEL.jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
COLD STEEL.jpg
26 KB, 300x300
>>53411087
Literally all phones are botnet by design. Don't kid yourself, kid.
>>
>>53410903
>Buy song from proprietary services like iTunes and Amazon
>Get mad when artist doesn't want their music to be purchased from proprietary services

Ask Amazon for your 50¢ back.
>>
>>53411166
That's fucking stupid

All I want to do is listen to some Ozzy but these fucking kikes must want me to buy it again
>>
Had this problem, it's to do with the way Groove Music works with OneDrive. Never found a way around it.
>>
>>53411191
Speaking of stupid, you seem determined to blame Microsoft and not the ones actually selling you the dodgy music. You really are thick.
>>
>>53411441
So you're telling that two of the worlds largest online music distributors is selling stolen music?
>>
>>53411479
No, I'm telling you that they're using a dodgy way of enforcing the copyright on other services, like the Microsoft onedrive. Microsoft have no choice but to comply.
>>
>>53411441
It's not amazon or iTunes. Microsoft really is on this whole dry/copyright trip. Word is they'll start doing it with games too.
>>
>>53410903
>2019 + 7 - 10
>Lumia

Come on dude. Just. Get out.
>>
>>53411659
>Word is they'll start doing it with games too
What, you mean those panic articles that misread the terms and conditions for windows 10? If you believed those you're thick. Seriously thick. You should be campaigning for fat acceptance.
>>
>>53410903
call Microsoft, say you can provide proof of purchase, if they still don't accept tell the customer service rep that your moving to ios or android. That info will go into a survey and they'll know why no one uses their phones
>>
>>53411913
I've been on the phone with them for about an hour now. They're saying that I aboslutely stole this music because their content matching system never does this unless it's for sure stolen.

TL;DR
Microsoft is a bunch of lying fucks who steal your data for $$$
>>
>>53410903
>lumia

You should know better, loser. Well deserved.
>>
>>53412058
Email their support with the receipt and the file hashes, then tell them you're never using their terrible mobile devices ever again.
>>
>>53410903
Welcome to The Botnet OP. We tried to warn you but you didn't listen.
>>
Delete the music from your phone, put your phone into airplane mode. Add the music to your phone again. If the music is still blocked, the tracks have DRM stored locally or some shit. If they play, the Microsoft botnet scanned your music, in which case you could probably circumvent that. Good luck, nigga
>>
>>53412058
just say you can show proof of purchase and threaten to return or sell your phone to replace it with iPhone or galaxy
>>
why not just pirate everything you huge faggot
>>
>>53412535
It's playing now that I readded it in airplane

Thanks g
>>
>>53410903
DRM is fucking cancer, Anon.
If you want legally buy music, buy it form the artist/label website or buy the CDs and rip them.
But never, never, never go DRM.
>>
>>53410903

>using iTunes
If you're going to buy music, dont do it on a platform that has DRM out the ass.
>>
How do the Microshit phone dedect a copyrighted song? Does it analysis the file? Or mp3 from iJew/Amajew have song ID in tag?
Try remove the tags OPs
>>
>>53413051
iTunes doesn't distribute DRMed music, moron.
>>
>>53410903
if you're going to "legally purchase music" just get records and rip them yourself

it's more expensive but at least you aren't a dirty copyright serf, and the artist ends up getting more
>>
>>53413077

You don't get that major digital-distro storefronts no longer use DRM on purchased tracks, do you?

That said, I buy vinyls with bundled DD vouchers whenever possible, just because you get more for your money.
>>
>Never pay for music
>Android plays it without a complaint because free software.
>Plenty of music player alternatives if one of them all of a sudden stops playing pirated music

Android, really, is the only acceptable mobile operating system.
>>
>>53410903
Christ Microsoft what are you doing even something as simple as playing music on your mobile os
>>
>>53410903
Well I mean, if you're going to download DRM music, you should at least enjoy the cage you're given.
>>
File: a.gif (86 KB, 580x580) Image search: [Google]
a.gif
86 KB, 580x580
>>53410903
>>
>>53413219

this is so goddamn old

holy fuck i am old
>>
>>53410903
holy shit i though this is troll thread...wtf anymore /g/entooman with microsoft lumia phone?
>>
>>53411184
Now it actually annoys you
>>
>>53410903
This is actaully one of the reasons i pirate music.
>>
>>53412058
Get them to give a refund, this is like how BlackBerry wouldn't give me a repair/replacement on their tablet that spontaneously broke when just a tiny bit of coffee got on it.

Like BlackBerry, Microsoft cannot heckle their few customers because they are in a precarious position for the particular market. It is hilarious they would alienate their few loyal customers.
>>
>>53410933
>cracker game
das rayciss, mane
shakin'n muh head
>>
>>53413077
You can sell the discs so it's actually not bad
>>
>>53413404
Like BlackBerry, Microsoft doesn't give a single shit about non-enterprise customers.
>>
>>53410903
If you're going to buy music legally, don't do it from digital stores that are known to bundle with DRM, idiot.
>>
File: division_lines.0.jpg (235 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
division_lines.0.jpg
235 KB, 1920x1200
>>53413428
>staying quietly in ordered line
>>
>>53413516
i don't get why people are bitching about this
is someone forcing you to play that game?
>>
>>53413587
i'm not bitching, i just find the thing mildly amusing.
People are bitching mostly because it's one of those high budget games that got shilled into oblivion
>>
>>53413636
It's a pretty fun game, and when you play on Hard mode it's actually decently challenging. Do not regret purchase.
>>
>>53413236
You're not
>>
File: 1320487396474s.jpg (7 KB, 251x211) Image search: [Google]
1320487396474s.jpg
7 KB, 251x211
>>53413219
Do you happen to have the anime version of this?
Haven't seen that one in literal years.
>>
>>53410903
in microsofts vision of the future they KNOW what you are using your device for, and DRM-free media means nothing to them because they can tell what you're listening too and unless you purchased that shit from the Xbox store or other Microsoft approved media vendor you had better believe they will lock you out of your shit
>>
>>53410982
it's not on the media retard. MS is using something like shazam (or skimming meta data, or matching hashes etc) to identify the music OP is listening to. either way it's fucking scummy
>>
>>53413587
>i don't know why people who spent $60 and must wait on a virtual line to actually be able toplay their (multiplayer only) videogame are upset, no one's forcing them to play it
Yeah, call them stupid for buying this trash but you have to be the densest motherfucker on Earth to not know how they could be angry.
>>
>>53413516
why are they in a line?
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.