[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sonic Debian is here, brought to you by the legends at Micro
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 311x175) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 311x175
Sonic Debian is here, brought to you by the legends at Microsoft

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/03/09/microsoft_sonic_debian/

Linux BTFO
>>
nump
>>
>>53408616
>Linux BTFO
If you think Linux users are going to use something created by MICROSOFT, then you are sadly mistaken .
>>
>>53408681
KEK
Are you saying that this linux can run on a computer without windows underneath it, at all ? As in, without a boot disk, without any drivers, and without any services ?

That sounds preposterous to me.

If it were true (and I doubt it), then companies would be selling computers without a windows. This clearly is not happening, so there must be some error in your calculations. I hope you realise that windows is more than just Office ? Its a whole system that runs the computer from start to finish, and that is a very difficult thing to acheive. A lot of people dont realise this.

Microsoft just spent $9 billion and many years to create Vista, so it does not sound reasonable that some new alternative could just snap into existence overnight like that. It would take billions of dollars and a massive effort to achieve. IBM tried, and spent a huge amount of money developing OS/2 but could never keep up with Windows. Apple tried to create their own system for years, but finally gave up recently and moved to Intel and Microsoft.

Its just not possible that a freeware like the Linux could be extended to the point where it runs the entire computer from start to finish, without using some of the more critical parts of windows. Not possible.

I think you need to re-examine your assumptions.
>>
>>53408710
I just had one hell of a flashback, thanks to your ancient copypasta.

Remember the Mojave commercials?
>>
>>53408616
Microsoft acknowledging their own OS and code is shit? Kill yourself Microsoft.
>>
>>53408807
no worries mate
>>
>>53409283
See >>53408710
you're clearly the fool here
>>
>>53408616
>that it no longer likens open-source to cancer and communism, and that it now truly loves Linux.

>inb4, reporter is a fag !
>>
>>53409475
dude, Microsoft is trying to improve linux by bringing it's enterprise software to it. Like Visual Studio Code, SQL and now even it's own Linux distribution.

Why do you guys hate Microsoft so much? They're trying to lift a broken, wounded dog from the ground and breathe new life into it so that Linus Torvaldus can put food on the table
>>
>>53408807
are you ready? Have you peppered your angus?

I dont see how this will happen at all.

Vista is far more powerful than windows XP, and runs twice as fast. It is also much harder to pirate, and this point more than anything else has the Linux crowd in a panic.

It wont be long until Windows XP is no longer supported, and when that happens, what is Linux going to do ?

Linux will have to find a way to work under Vista from here on, since it wont be able to rely on XP being readily available anymore.

Linux may seem like a good alternative to Office, but all that is happening in linux is that the windows interface is cleverly hidden away. It still needs the drivers and software services in order to run, and in most cases - that happens WITHOUT a valid windows licence.

This is just plain piracy.

Vista will finally put an end to this blatant abuse of intellectual property, and linux should decline, taking the pirates with it.

Anyone that supports the continuation of Windows XP in place of Vista surely has a hidden agenda .. and you will surely be caught out.
>>
>>53408710
This pasta is very bad, and you should feel bad.
>>
>>53408616
That's pretty cool, so people will stop to try to run windows apps in their linux distro!
Just use linux in windows instead.
>>
>>53410700
that's it mate
>>
>edge logo looks like sonic
>debian fork called sonic
>>
>>53410771
it's edgy
>>
>>53408616
>linux btfo

More like NT kernel btfo, Microsoft internal groups, even with full access to the source code and full support from paid colleagues who develop the NT kernel - the Azure team chose Linux and GNU.

Even Microsoft doesn't like Windows...
>>
>>53408681
>>53409283
>>53409475
>>53409498
>>53410700
>>53410736
>>53410771

It's not a Windows Linux distribution. It's Microsoft attempt at making an operating system for high end routers and network tools. Sonic will not be the new Debian fork that everybody is crazy about running on their main. Read the article not the title. It's a networking tool OS.
>>
File: 1388748647715.gif (833 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1388748647715.gif
833 KB, 200x150
>>53410811
Lincuks is not even good enough to run as an actual desktop/server OS
>>
>microsoft talks about their OS for network switches and more
>almost all thing is microsoft made, except by the kernel who is linux
>freetards festine on that fact, bringing windows (who never has played anything here) to the conversation and confirming their silly beliefs about windows again
Every Windows thread.
>>
>>53410809
>microsoft
>don't like windows
That's not true. Microsoft still loves Windows.
The only thing that happens is that Windows hasn't mature drivers and experiencie with network switches where linux is strong. It's the logical thing to select Linux in a field where Windows hasn't tested to begin.
It's like laughing at the fact that a Basketball player was selected to play in a new, promising team instead of a pianist.
>>
>>53410844
>Team that had full access to windows source code and full support from windows team to develop a cloud based windows platform
>Even with all that support, they still chose Linux as the kernel for their network OS that handles the bulk of all transactions on Azure.

NT is BTFO as a kernel.

This doesn't mean shit for the 'linux desktop' or Windows, but it does mean that the dust has settled and Linux emerged as the better kernel, as evidenced by Microsoft's own choices.
>>
>>53410869
You're an actual idiot who didn't even read the article.

RTFA before commenting.
>>
>>53410871
>because forcing
companies to make drivers to a new and strange kernel it's easy.
>>53410883
Let me guess: Do you get you news about science from newspapers too?
>>
File: 12858.jpg (32 KB, 385x477) Image search: [Google]
12858.jpg
32 KB, 385x477
>>53408710
>>53409523
fuck, this actually made me smile for half a second

thanks guys
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.