[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Microsoft pushing malware through security updates
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: glasses.jpg (48 KB, 350x345) Image search: [Google]
glasses.jpg
48 KB, 350x345
http://wccftech.com/windows-10-ad-generator-now-found-inside-security-patches/

>Windows 10 ad generator now discovered inside a security patch
>>
I see Microsoft is finally catching up to Ubuntu.
>>
>>53408375
Which one
>>
I shouldn't have "upgraded" from 8.1...

at least there's arch on my hdd *cough*
>>
>>53408488
Fuck off, tripfag cancer.
>>
W10 is literal malware at this point.
>>
>>53408375
>On non-domain joined machines this adds a blue banner when a user opens a "New Tab" saying "Microsoft recommends upgrading to Windows 10"
>I spent most of the night trying to replicate this behavior -- a blue banner on new tabs in IE11 with "Microsoft recommends upgrading to Windows 10" -- and couldn't get it to trigger.
>couldn't get it to trigger
so a company is allegedly putting ads for its own products in its own products, and the "journalist" writing fear-mongery headlines couldn't even get those ads to show up?
Great article anon-chan.
>>
>>53408375
>>53409034
also you can't say it was "discovered" when it was in the fucking patch notes
they didn't "hide" anything.
>>
>>53409009
Microsoft have fully stopped giving a fuck. Everybody sees them as an evil corporation anyway, so they might as well act like one and make as much money as possible in the process. Windows 10 is the largest data mining platform in history and will make them billions.

>>53409034
Thank you Rajesh, 10 Rupees have been deposited to your Live account!
>>
>>53409047
>Thank you Rajesh, 10 Rupees have been deposited to your Live account!
read the fucking article you cunt
>>
>>53409043
Oh, well that's okay then. Make the choice between leaving security vulnerabilities unpatched and running a vulnerable system or having Windows 10 updates shoved down your throat.

THANK YOU BASED MICROSOFT
>>
>>53409053
Rajesh, I must important remind to you that the swearing is not permitted in Windows Awareness posts. Please to discontinue this or you will be docked one day of wages.
>>
>>53409055
Wanna hear something funny? This isn't even an update for Windows 10. It updates Internet Explorer 11 to show a banner suggesting users on Windows 7 and 8/8.1 to upgrade to Windows 10. You would know this if you had read anything other than the headline of the shoddy article.
>>53409066
oh no I won't be able to afford my dedicated pooping spot
>>
>>53409077
What does that have to do with anything, you dumb cuck? What the fuck are you even talking about? Windows 7 and 8.1 users now have the choice between patching this vulnerability and seeing ads, or leaving it unpatched and running an insecure system. That is the literal fucking situation. The ad update is rolled in with the security update and can't be uninstalled seperately. Explain why this okay.
>>
>>53409009
Implying it ever wasn't
>>
>>53409115
>Explain why this okay.
because nobody uses Internet Explorer anyway.
No, but seriously: it's a blue banner that pops up _once_ when you open a new tab, and the author of the original article *hasn't even managed to get it to trigger*, so we don't even know if it's an actual thing.
>>
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
>>53409047
Like a true punjabi, he'll tell you how he's right and how he's the best all the while dropping a sloppy steamy turd in his pants and on your carpet.
>>
>>53409115
You know what? Actually, disregard >>53409133. In the end, it's Microsoft's product and they can do with their product what they want. If you don't like it, don't update or don't use it. Simple as that.
>>
>>53408375
Nice work Nadella!
Pretty good!

WP, Xone and W10 are the best
>>
>>53409047
>data mining
>Microsoft
AHAHAHAH, please, Google did it first and better.
>>
>>53409346
Is Apple our last hope?
>>
>>53408375
/W7/ master race
>>
>>53408375
that's just a banner, or whatever.

I can't wait for them to add KB3035583 to one of the cumulative security-updates.
>>
>>53409161
>If you don't like it, don't update or don't use it.
yes, but how do get rid of it for good?
>>
>>53409752
They probably will since this is just the beginning.
>>
>>53408392

except they are reversing it in 16.04 LTS
>>
>>53409864
...just uninstall it?
>>
File: 1416861424015.jpg (57 KB, 724x611) Image search: [Google]
1416861424015.jpg
57 KB, 724x611
Of you don't like what Microsoft is doing to their products , get Linux you fucking faggots. Their software, their rules. Deal with it.
>>
>>53408375
>http://wccftech.com/windows-10-ad-generator-now-found-inside-security-patches/
It is what comes of putting a wog in charge of a corporation. Satya Nadella thinks like a greasy paki, walks like a greasy paki, and talks like a greasy paki, to all intents and purposes he is simply a greasy paki, and they love malware and viruses and ripping people off. They are greedy chimpanzees and nothing more - scum of the earth
>>
>current year
>still using proprietary os
>>
>>53409951
>current year
>still no decent alternative
>>
>>53408375
You forgot to mention its inside a security patch for IE.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.