[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just another day in the XFCE distro. Seriously what the fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: fileName.png (49 KB, 624x493) Image search: [Google]
fileName.png
49 KB, 624x493
Just another day in the XFCE distro.

Seriously what the fuck do I do, I can't get a frontend for this stupid software for the fucking life of me.
>>
>>53406553
Holy fucking shit.
Just use the command line.
>>
check out retroarch's mupen64 core
>>
>XFCE distro
>>
>>53406847
So, tell me, as a newbert who literally just installed Xubuntu, why shouldn't I be using xfce?

I only chose it because I thought it was aesthetically pleasing.

Not OP, by the way.
>>
>>53406930
They're pointing out that XFCE isn't a distro. It's your DE.
>>
>>53406553
>the xfce distro
My sides, this is how ignorant ubuntu users are
They need a good beating, did nobody teach you to respect your elders? It's the reason we have shitposts, people don't "lurk moar"anymore
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>53406930
KDE is pretty good if you turn off some of the rice and install ksuperkey. Windows got me hooked pressing the super key to search for anything. 1 button is better than 2 buttons.
>>
>>53406553
Xubuntu is just Ubantoo + Xfce, it is not the only distro that comes with Xfce.
>>
>>53406930
Judging by the screenshot, that isn't Xubuntu, for it has a different menu icon from the stock XFCE menu icon. Don't try to cover your tracks, they're clear as day.
>>
>>53406783
wow what helpful advice! Because even though this post was specifically about me wanting a front end, you specifically give me bullshit.

Kill yourself faggot, I dont enjoy putting in 20 arguments every time I want to boot up a new game.
>>
>>53406553
Just fucking google it you baka
>>
>>53407048
no fucking shit, what do you think the results yielded?

crap. none of it is helpful, why the fuck would I come here you dumbass.
>>
>>53407031
its vanilla bone stock basic bitch XFCE
>>
>>53407037
You play games, so it's no surprise you can't manage a simple command imo
>>
What release of xubuntu are you running
>>
File: 1456193012160.png (457 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1456193012160.png
457 KB, 690x460
>linux
>>
>>53406553
m64py works perfectly fine on xfce4, desu
>>
>>53406553
Most all software depends on other software to operate, in this case, apt hasn't been able to find a required library which the frontend needs, within all the repositories your machine currently has specified in /etc/apt/sources.list

open a terminal and type the below, then post the contents of the sources.txt file you will find on your desktop.
cat /etc/apt/sources.list > ~/Desktop/sources.txt
>>
>>53406553
apt-get install libsdl2-dev
>>
>>53407765
obviously that isn't going to work...

If it was, it wouldn't cry it couldn't satisfy a dep and would have just installed it.

100% chance of the following output:
Package  is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package libsdl2-dev has no installation candidate

OP, follow this already >>53407739
>>
>>53406553
Just backtrace the IP and hack in through the back end.
>>
>>53407037
just install Windows, it's a lot better
>>
>>53407009
KDE is rubbish because it has more bugs and design oversights than your grandma's armpit. Xfce is less fancy, but it does nearly everything better; I only miss system-wide customizable hotkeys and better multi-monitor management.
>>
>>53410331
Eh, worded that wrong, meant system-wide customization for in-application hotkeys
>>
>>53406553
>the fuck
>stupid software
>fucking
>>53406930
>literally just installed
>>53407037
>you specifically give me bullshit
>Kill yourself faggot
>>53407072
>no fucking shit
>why the fuck
>dumbass

Sounds like you're too young, immature, and/or technologically incompetent to be even trying to use anything but baby's spoonfeeding ware. Just stop trying until you grow up and can function like an adult.
>>
>>53407860
I'll go write a GUI in Visual Basic
>>
File: le_trashman.jpg (42 KB, 700x479) Image search: [Google]
le_trashman.jpg
42 KB, 700x479
>>53406553
>XFCE distro
>>
the distro you are using sucks because it doesn't have sdl2/sdl1 in repos.... i asume you are using debian based shits, download SDL2 and compile it or download libsdl2-dev deb package from net, and WHY the fuck if emulator seeking sdl development libraries???
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.