[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You can now install loonix on a PS4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
http://linux.softpedia.com/blog/it-s-official-you-can-now-boot-linux-on-your-playstation-4-gaming-console-501474.shtml
http://www.mobipicker.com/playstation-4-can-now-boot-linux-thanks-to-hacking-group/

And yes, you can install Gentoo.
>>
>>53404858
sony is just going to block this shit all over again like they did with the ps3
>>
Why wouldn't you be able to install Linux on an overpriced, underpowered PC?
>>
>>53404874
Because Sony locks the shit out of it
>>
>>53404874
http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/171158-can-you-build-a-gaming-pc-better-than-the-ps4-for-400
I mean you can probably get a used/refurb PS4 for half that now. Don't see anything beating it in the same form factor at least.
>>
>>53404864
at least this time it wasn't an advertised feature and they somehow got away with pulling it
>>
>>53405007
>implying the form factor is good
most mini-itx cases have less volume and are spaced more efficiently.
>>
>>53405081
Ill ship you a nickel if you can fit a similarly specced m-itx build in the ps4 chassis
>>
sweet, they released the exploits and loader
>>
>>53404858

But why bother...
>>
>>53405494
Why bother with anything? What's the point in life? May as well off yourself now, you don't know your purpose anyway.
>>
This is old news.

I started a few threads on this months back and they just died.
>>
well finally Linux will get some vidyagames.. ohh no, wait... its for PS4 LOL nevermind.
>>
>>53405606
it wasn't completely possible yet. it's only just happened for real.
>>
>>53405646
They did this a while ago.

But whatever, imagine SteamOS running on the PS4.
>>
>>53404858
>Requires firmware 1.76.
>Implying you can downgrade.
>>
>>53405606
yeah they did it earlier but they just now released their exploits
>>
>>53405721
Yup
>>
>>53405705
>implying I've upgraded
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.