[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are good IRC channels to join? Do none exist? Let's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_ntj9q85yLS1uxjl21o1_500.jpg (121 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntj9q85yLS1uxjl21o1_500.jpg
121 KB, 500x750
What are good IRC channels to join?
Do none exist? Let's get some shit started here.
>>
irc is dead
>>
>>53404548
s'abit of an open-ended question, OP

IRCs generally serve a particular group...

what specifically are you interested in?
>>
>>53405621

Freenode is alive and well.
>>
>>53405643
>join freenode channel
>200 people
>nobody speaks
>a million join/leave messages
>alive and well
>>
>>53404548
rizon #ghetty
>>
#nethack on freenode
do you even ascend bro
>>
>>53405663
you can't expect non stop conversation 24/7. Even in channels with thousands of people there won't be active conversation 24/7.
>>
#linuxwarez on efnet
If you see TimeCop in there, slap him with a trout or something.
>>
>>53405980
>linuxwarez
linux has no commecial software though
>>
Snoonet
>>
>>53406003
It did in the mid 90's, when that channel was up (haven't been there in a long time, so dunno).
There was stuff like Mathematica, Applixware, WordPerfect, and other boring shit like that. Also some stupid games, nothing much interesting except maybe Civilization.
Anyway it's more for a joke that the channel existed. There were file bots, but that wasn't the main reason for the channel. I still remember TimeCop going on forever about how great his dual Ensoniq AudioPCI card setup was. So I bought one of those cards, but it didn't have OPL chip and didn't play music in Doom. Man, I was pissed. Brought that shit back to the store and got my money back. Got an old SB16 from a friend instead. Well that's back when Doom was actually cool, before all these stupid ass mods and engines and shit. Had just the LinuxDoom binaries (I used the svgalib one, since it could do full screen) and that musserver hack. Good times, but now it's not the same anymore.
>>
>>53406003
Red Hat?
>>
>>53405980
Hah. Thats where I nabbed Xi commercial x server and pixars renderman.
>>
>>53406205
So you recommended the OP a channel that you haven't been to in over 20 years?
>>
>>53406272
It doesn't matter if it's gone, someone can make it again.
>>
/g/ needs an irc channel
>>
>>53406393

More like a server, with different channels on it (but not more then say 10 or 15).
>>
>>53406393

That would be awesome.
>>
>>53406393

We should make one on efnet. I would but I don't know how to harden a bot against you faggots.
>>
>>53405675
What is it
>>
I actually like the channels I'm in, I don't want you faggots ruining the fun
>>
If someone was in a channel of decent quality, why would they shit it up by inviting random faggots from /g/ to it?
>>
>>53406745
implying any of them would be persistent enough to ruin a whole channel
>>
>>53406393
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/IRC
>>
If anyone's really interested, I'll set one up. Which IRC network?
>>
>>53407086
>If anyone's really interested, I'll set one up. Which IRC network?
Any of them. I don't know why one would b better then any other.
>>
#/g/tech @ irc.rizon.net
>>
#rice on rizon, make sure to flirt with Lynn, she needs love
>>
>>53406745
This in actuality
>>
>>53407480
#rice actually sucks dick
>>
wouldn't tox chat through a server behind a hardened bsd system using proxychains be more appropriate?
>>
>>53406393
>>53406421
>>53406532
>>53406541
IG you fucking plebs
>>
Lots of warez channels on IRC, look at ixirx.com
>>
>>53406003
It's a joke, son.

Nice kid, but a little dumb.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.